Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fire all the offensive coaches - Now!!!

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

[There is now a lot of evidence showing that more than half of all patients suffer mild to moderate adverse effects after seeing a chiropractor. These are mostly local and referred pains that usually last for two to three days. Chiropractors often claim that these are necessary steps on the road to getting better. On a good day, we might even believe them.

But unfortunately there is more, much more. Several hundred cases have been documented in which patients were seriously and often permanently damaged after chiropractic manipulations. The latest to hit the headlines was that of a 32-year-old woman from Jakarta who died after being treated by an American chiropractor. What usually happens in these tragic instances is that, upon manipulation of the upper spine, an artery supplying the brain is over-stretched and simply breaks up, leading to a stroke which can prove fatal.

Chiropractors do not like to hear any of this, and either claim that these are extremely rare events, or deny any connection with their manipulations. Regrettably, the hard evidence is not as solid as one would wish. In conventional medicine we have effective systems to monitor adverse effects of all interventions — not so in alternative medicine. Therefore, the true frequency of such tragedies is anyone’s guess. About 30 deaths after chiropractic have been documented in medical literature, but they are probably just the tip of a much bigger iceberg. We have shown, for instance, that in the UK the under-reporting of such instances is very close to 100 per cent.

All clinicians, alternative or conventional, must obtain informed consent from patients before starting a therapy. This ethical imperative means chiropractors must tell their patients firstly about the very limited evidence that spinal manipulations are effective; secondly, about the possibility of causing serious harm; and thirdly about other treatments which might be better. But who would give their consent, knowing all this? The way many chiropractors solve this dilemma is simple: they ignore the ethical imperative by treating patients without informed consent. There is evidence to suggest that ‘only 23 per cent [of UK chiropractors] report always discussing serious risk’.

How can this be? Chiropractic is a respected and well-established profession, you might think. True, in the UK, chiropractors have been regulated for many years by statute and have their own Royal College and General Chiropractic Council. But in July 2014, the Professional Standards Authority conducted an audit of the GCC and concluded that although the GCC’s operation of its processes had not created risks to public safety, ‘the extent of the deficiencies we found… raises concern about the extent to which the public can have confidence in the GCC’s operation…’

I have often said that the even the best regulation of nonsense must result in nonsense. The PSA’s verdict seems to support my view. As long as serious doubts about the value and integrity of chiropractic exist, we should remember an important foundation of health care: the precautionary principle. It compels us to use, whenever possible, only those therapies which demonstrably generate more good than harm. A critical analysis of the evidence shows that chiropractic does not belong to this category.]

TLDR Trey might have ended up never playing football again with regular chiropractic treatment.

Lol you want to compare one tragic freak accident of a woman dying after a chiropractic adjustment to the thousands of people who have died from anesthesia, physician error, surgeon error, and malpractice? Plus the deaths of people from opiod addiction post-surgery? More people die in a year from Western medicine than have ever died from chiropractic adjustments and it's not even close. But this is what they want. They want you to fear natural ways of healing yourself. They want you to go get sliced open by a surgeon who could do irreparable damage to your spine instead of going to a chiropractor. But sure to tell this kid he should have gone and gotten sliced open by a "real doctor" instead of having his severely fucked up back healed and pain relieved in a matter of 10 days by a chiropractor.

https://youtu.be/YpNcnM0FkTM
    Literal anecdote.

Swaye said:

Sucks, Trey should have been gone this year. Poor kid, he was going to be speshual

He could still be a second round pick. Mike Tyson fought with a broken back.
    So chiropractor fixes that too?
    If Trey had just been going to a chiropractor regularly he probably never would have had that back injury.
    Also, if he had gone to a fucking horse veterenarian and they had taken him out back and shot him with a boltgun, he also wouldn't have had that back injury. I'm still glad he didn't.
    I don't understand the disrespect and mockery towards chiropractic work. Just makes you look like an ignorant, pompous dumb ass who has no idea what he's talking about but thinks he's some know-it-all.
    Actually agree with SAC here. I have been to chiropractors numerous times over the years and they always fixed me up. Every single time.
    And you always have to keep going

That's not an accident
    Yes, people with weak back muscles and a weak core who have back problems have to keep going back because their muscles are not strong enough to pull their spine back into alignment. At the same time, even if you have a strong back and core, lifting heavy weight can compress or misalign your spine as well which is why a lot of pro bodybuilders and football players get chiropractic work done on a regular basis.
    The guy with the most fucked up back on my rowboat team ended up being a chiropractor.
    Great anecdotal evidence of one guy out of billions of people. Thank you for that riveting and compelling information.
    You literally cited several anecdotes as your own supporting evidence.
    No I didn't. Those are all facts. You can look up how many people die from Western medicine errors and malpractice. It's way, way more than deaths from chiropractic adjustments. Just crazy nurses murdering people in hospitals has caused more deaths than people dying from chiropractic adjustments, which is extremely rare. I'm not gonna do your research for you.
    The article I cited talks about how under reporting happens with chiropractic care because of the fact that it isn't as closely regulated as "western medicine".

Snake venom is also all natural. I'll send you some if you want to try it.
    Do you even know what an anecdote is you fucking retard? It's a personal story. I'm not telling personal fucking stories. I'm stating FACTS.
    Under reporting my fucking ass. If a legitimate amount of people were dying from chiropractic adjustments, don't you think their family members would be alerting the media and trying to bring attention to it? And yeah, no shit chiropractic work isn't highly regulated by the government. They're not cutting people open and people aren't dying from it. You don't know anything. You're a blind sheep following the pack. Big pharma loves idiots like you. Go get surgery for a back problem you could have fixed by a chiropractor so they can get you addicted to pain medication.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,486
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

[There is now a lot of evidence showing that more than half of all patients suffer mild to moderate adverse effects after seeing a chiropractor. These are mostly local and referred pains that usually last for two to three days. Chiropractors often claim that these are necessary steps on the road to getting better. On a good day, we might even believe them.

But unfortunately there is more, much more. Several hundred cases have been documented in which patients were seriously and often permanently damaged after chiropractic manipulations. The latest to hit the headlines was that of a 32-year-old woman from Jakarta who died after being treated by an American chiropractor. What usually happens in these tragic instances is that, upon manipulation of the upper spine, an artery supplying the brain is over-stretched and simply breaks up, leading to a stroke which can prove fatal.

Chiropractors do not like to hear any of this, and either claim that these are extremely rare events, or deny any connection with their manipulations. Regrettably, the hard evidence is not as solid as one would wish. In conventional medicine we have effective systems to monitor adverse effects of all interventions — not so in alternative medicine. Therefore, the true frequency of such tragedies is anyone’s guess. About 30 deaths after chiropractic have been documented in medical literature, but they are probably just the tip of a much bigger iceberg. We have shown, for instance, that in the UK the under-reporting of such instances is very close to 100 per cent.

All clinicians, alternative or conventional, must obtain informed consent from patients before starting a therapy. This ethical imperative means chiropractors must tell their patients firstly about the very limited evidence that spinal manipulations are effective; secondly, about the possibility of causing serious harm; and thirdly about other treatments which might be better. But who would give their consent, knowing all this? The way many chiropractors solve this dilemma is simple: they ignore the ethical imperative by treating patients without informed consent. There is evidence to suggest that ‘only 23 per cent [of UK chiropractors] report always discussing serious risk’.

How can this be? Chiropractic is a respected and well-established profession, you might think. True, in the UK, chiropractors have been regulated for many years by statute and have their own Royal College and General Chiropractic Council. But in July 2014, the Professional Standards Authority conducted an audit of the GCC and concluded that although the GCC’s operation of its processes had not created risks to public safety, ‘the extent of the deficiencies we found… raises concern about the extent to which the public can have confidence in the GCC’s operation…’

I have often said that the even the best regulation of nonsense must result in nonsense. The PSA’s verdict seems to support my view. As long as serious doubts about the value and integrity of chiropractic exist, we should remember an important foundation of health care: the precautionary principle. It compels us to use, whenever possible, only those therapies which demonstrably generate more good than harm. A critical analysis of the evidence shows that chiropractic does not belong to this category.]

TLDR Trey might have ended up never playing football again with regular chiropractic treatment.

Lol you want to compare one tragic freak accident of a woman dying after a chiropractic adjustment to the thousands of people who have died from anesthesia, physician error, surgeon error, and malpractice? Plus the deaths of people from opiod addiction post-surgery? More people die in a year from Western medicine than have ever died from chiropractic adjustments and it's not even close. But this is what they want. They want you to fear natural ways of healing yourself. They want you to go get sliced open by a surgeon who could do irreparable damage to your spine instead of going to a chiropractor. But sure to tell this kid he should have gone and gotten sliced open by a "real doctor" instead of having his severely fucked up back healed and pain relieved in a matter of 10 days by a chiropractor.

Literal anecdote.

Swaye said:

Sucks, Trey should have been gone this year. Poor kid, he was going to be speshual

If Trey had just been going to a chiropractor regularly he probably never would have had that back injury.
    Also, if he had gone to a fucking horse veterenarian and they had taken him out back and shot him with a boltgun, he also wouldn't have had that back injury. I'm still glad he didn't.
    I don't understand the disrespect and mockery towards chiropractic work. Just makes you look like an ignorant, pompous dumb ass who has no idea what he's talking about but thinks he's some know-it-all.
    Actually agree with SAC here. I have been to chiropractors numerous times over the years and they always fixed me up. Every single time.

That's not an accident
    Yes, people with weak back muscles and a weak core who have back problems have to keep going back because their muscles are not strong enough to pull their spine back into alignment. At the same time, even if you have a strong back and core, lifting heavy weight can compress or misalign your spine as well which is why a lot of pro bodybuilders and football players get chiropractic work done on a regular basis.
    The guy with the most fucked up back on my rowboat team ended up being a chiropractor.
    Great anecdotal evidence of one guy out of billions of people. Thank you for that riveting and compelling information.
    No I didn't. Those are all facts. You can look up how many people die from Western medicine errors and malpractice. It's way, way more than deaths from chiropractic adjustments. Just crazy nurses murdering people in hospitals has caused more deaths than people dying from chiropractic adjustments, which is extremely rare. I'm not gonna do your research for you.
    The article I cited talks about how under reporting happens with chiropractic care because of the fact that it isn't as closely regulated as "western medicine".

Do you even know what an anecdote is you fucking retard? It's a personal story. I'm not telling personal fucking stories. I'm stating FACTS.
    Under reporting my fucking ass. If a legitimate amount of people were dying from chiropractic adjustments, don't you think their family members would be alerting the media and trying to bring attention to it? And yeah, no shit chiropractic work isn't highly regulated by the government. They're not cutting people open and people aren't dying from it. You don't know anything. You're a blind sheep following the pack. Big pharma loves idiots like you. Go get surgery for a back problem you could have fixed by a chiropractor so they can get you addicted to pain medication.
    The wrong surgery being used doesn't change the chiropractor fraud. Tiger had multiple failed surgeries and did get addicted to pain killers but the answer was the right surgery. I think spinal fusion is the future

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Literal anecdote.

Swaye said:

That's not an accident

an·ec·dote
    /ˈanəkˌdōt/
    noun
    a short amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.
    "told anecdotes about his job"

So yes, your youtube guy is an anecdote.
  • Options

Swaye said:

That's not an accident
    No I didn't. Those are all facts. You can look up how many people die from Western medicine errors and malpractice. It's way, way more than deaths from chiropractic adjustments. Just crazy nurses murdering people in hospitals is more than people dying from chiropractic adjustments which is extremely rare.
    So we are comparing all medical issues that require serious surgery and treatment to an adjustment by your local witch doctor? And more people die from serious medical issues? Could this be true?

https://theoutline.com/post/1617/chiropractors-are-bullshit?zd=1&zi=dnh7kse4
    More people die just from being put under anesthesia you moron. Fuck, you people are so ignorant. You have zero critical thinking skills and lack knowledge. Just blind sheep.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

That's not an accident
    No I didn't. Those are all facts. You can look up how many people die from Western medicine errors and malpractice. It's way, way more than deaths from chiropractic adjustments. Just crazy nurses murdering people in hospitals is more than people dying from chiropractic adjustments which is extremely rare.
    So we are comparing all medical issues that require serious surgery and treatment to an adjustment by your local witch doctor? And more people die from serious medical issues? Could this be true?

More people die just from being put under anesthesia you moron. Fuck, you people are so ignorant. You have zero critical thinking skills and lack knowledge. Just blind sheep.
    Yes, which is why you should carefully consider if it's medically necessary before allowing anyone to put you under anesthesia and why any good medical professional has loads and loads of regulations and procedures in place to do so.

Does your chiropractor have that before cracking your spine?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

That's not an accident

More people get healed too

If you fall for witch doctors you should probably ease off on calling people ignorant

My wife has been going to chiropractors for years

And is in as much pain as ever

Not a ringing endorsement. Edibles work better
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Literal anecdote.

Swaye said:

That's not an accident

an·ec·dote
    /ˈanəkˌdōt/
    noun

A Youtube video is not an anecdote you idiot. That's real live video evidence of someone's back being fixed and pain being relieved. I'm not just telling a story about my friend getting his back fixed by a chiropractor with zero physical evidence. That would be an anecdote. That video and those witnesses would hold up in court as physical evidence. There are hundreds of other videos just like it. There are millions of people who get chiropractic work done on a regular basis and have serious back injuries and pain relieved and all you can do is find one freak accident of a woman dying from it. You lose.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Literal anecdote.

Swaye said:

That's not an accident

an·ec·dote
    /ˈanəkˌdōt/
    noun

A Youtube video is not an anecdote you idiot. That's real live video evidence of someone's back being fixed and pain being relieved. I'm not just telling a story about my friend getting his back fixed by a chiropractor with zero physical evidence. That video and that witness would hold up in court as physical evidence. There are hundreds of other videos just like it. There are millions of people who get chiropractic work done on a regular basis and have serious back injuries and pain relieved and all you can do is find one freak accident of a woman dying from it. You lose.
    No, one case is still an anecdote even if it is "factually accurate". Your Tacoma degree is showing.
  • Options

Literal anecdote.

Swaye said:

That's not an accident

The wrong surgery being used doesn't change the chiropractor fraud. Tiger had multiple failed surgeries and did get addicted to pain killers but the answer was the right surgery. I think spinal fusion is the future

When did I ever say back surgery was incapable of being successful and helping people? Never. Nice straw man though.

You literally just proved my point. Multiple failed surgeries and addiction to pain meds.

Chiropractors are not frauds. You're an idiot. The pharmaceutical industry wants you to believe surgery is the only option for back pain the same way the tobacco industry wanted people to believe marijuana caused reefer madness. Follow the big money. Not the little money. That's how you find out who the real frauds are.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,970
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Literal anecdote.

Swaye said:

That's not an accident

Race, have you got your Tiger 2024 bumper sticker yet?
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

I would rather get the bolt-gun tbh
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Literal anecdote.

Swaye said:

That's not an accident

When did I ever say back surgery was incapable of being successful and helping people? Never. Nice straw man though.

You literally just proved my point. Multiple failed surgeries and addiction to pain meds.

Chiropractors are not frauds. You're an idiot. The pharmaceutical industry wants you to believe surgery is the only option for back pain the same way the tobacco industry wanted people to believe marijuana caused reefer madness. Follow the big money. Not the little money. That's how you find out who the real frauds are.
    Yep

Imagine selling the elimination of pain based on weekly visits forever

Chiros couldn't cure Tiger in a million years

The failures of medicine don't make chiros a success

Back surgery is the only hope for a fix. Massage therapy is a better pain manager than cracking your back
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Literal anecdote.

Swaye said:

That's not an accident

Yep

Back surgery is the only hope for a fix. Massage therapy is a better pain manager than cracking your back

I was thinking Jerry Rice but this works
  • Options

Literal anecdote.

Swaye said:

That's not an accident

Yep

Do you know if Tiger ever went to a chiropractor? Do you know what specific back injury he had? Your weak argument doesn't hold up. Massage therapy? That's for your muscles you fucking idiot. That's not gonna do anything for a misaligned spine that's causing pain. Fuck you're dumb and old.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    have been regulated for many years by statute and have their own Royal College and General Chiropractic Council. But in July 2014, the Professional Standards Authority conducted an audit of the GCC and concluded that although the GCC’s operation of its processes had not created risks to public safety, ‘the extent of the deficiencies we found… raises concern about the extent to which the public can have confidence in the GCC’s operation…’

Literal anecdote.

Swaye said:

That's not an accident

Yep

Do you know if Tiger ever went to a chiropractor? Do you know what specific back injury he had? Your weak argument doesn't hold up. Massage therapy? That's for your muscles you fucking idiot. That's not gonna do anything for a misaligned spine that's causing pain. Fuck you're dumb and old.

Yes

Yes

Yes

If only the back had muscles that effect the spine and its alignment. If only HOF players used massage therapy to stay limber and avoid injury.

I'm not a doctor. Then again neither are chiropractors

BOOM
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @RaceBannon What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever read. At no point, in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

@RaceBannon What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever read. At no point, in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Thanks!

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did. But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
  • Options

Thanks!

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did. But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
    Swing and a miss as usual. No idea what movie this comes from. I'm probably too young to know.