Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bernie knows where the votes are in the Rat Party

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Convicted and still in prison murders, rapists and terrorists should still have the ability to vote.

Nice fucking party Rats.

Comments

• Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    Sounds good. Citizens should have the right to vote. And most felons aren’t rapists, murderers, and terrorists by the way but bad faith pearl clutching is your thing.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,772
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sounds good. Citizens should have the right to vote. And most felons aren’t rapists, murderers, and terrorists by the way but bad faith pearl clutching is your thing.

Felons lose their rights. it's how it is under the rule of law.

You also in favor of giving convicted murderers the right to bear arms, too?

Don't like it - change the laws.
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937

They should lose some rights. But they interact with the government more closely than most in our society and should have the chance to vote.

Of course I don’t think violent felons should be legally allowed to own a weapon.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

What's the quote? Purple throbber is fucking some strawman ass right there....
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    We treat our prisoners like shit in this country. Part of the reason why is because they have no voice in the political process. Prison is a punishment but our goal should be rehabilitation. Allowing prisoners to stay connected to society could be beneficial.

83% of released prisoners are arrested again within 9 years. We are and the system is failing them. We should start by treating them like human beings.

It’s also pretty funny to contrast this with the rights stance on gun control. Even the smallest measure of gun control will end with everyone’s gun rights being taken away (still waiting on Obama to take your guns away) but oh yeah chip away at voting rights, what could go wrong.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    2001400ex said:

What's the quote? Purple throbber is fucking some strawman ass right there....
    You do understand the difference between questions (see the squiggly thing that looks like this '?') and quotes (which look like this ' " " ') ???

• Options

They should lose some rights. But they interact with the government more closely than most in our society and should have the chance to vote.

Of course I don’t think violent felons should be legally allowed to own a weapon.
    Why? They chose not to adhere to the laws of the land. When they've paid their dues to society, they get to play again. Pretty simple.

Do you give out the juice boxes at half time or wait until the game is over?

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,141
    Swaye's Wigwam

Right

No rights except the right to vote for demcrats

JFC

If its important to restore rights to make them part of society then they should have all rights restored

Or none
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

We treat our prisoners like shit in this country. Part of the reason why is because they have no voice in the political process. Prison is a punishment but our goal should be rehabilitation. Allowing prisoners to stay connected to society could be beneficial.

83% of released prisoners are arrested again within 9 years. We are and the system is failing them. We should start by treating them like human beings.

It’s also pretty funny to contrast this with the rights stance on gun control. Even the smallest measure of gun control will end with everyone’s gun rights being taken away (still waiting on Obama to take your guns away) but oh yeah chip away at voting rights, what could go wrong.

Some truth here but they have either failed themselves or their family failed them long before society got a chance
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Some truth here but they have either failed themselves or their family failed them long before society got a chance
    Both can be true. They or their families fail and then we fail them.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Decriminalization of marijuana and in my view the decriminalization of the use of other drugs(treat addiction as a public health issue) would solve 81% of the cases of non-violent felons who should be allowed to vote by not making them felons in the first place.

Violate someone else's rights though, and you lose yours. That's the inherent purpose of the government in the first place.

One of the bigger myths going was that our jails were filled with non-violent marijuana users.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

And strawman ass fucking is yours. I never said most felons are rapist and murderers my strawman ass fucking Kunt of a friend. But either way Bernie wants to give them the vote. I'm fully in favor of the Rats running on this position. Trump will light Bernie's ass up with this.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Its as if these people have no knowledge of our history and human nature.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Both can be true. They or their families fail and then we fail them.
    I'm not dogmatic on the issue

Fair statement
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Decriminalization of marijuana and in my view the decriminalization of the use of other drugs(treat addiction as a public health issue) would solve 81% of the cases of non-violent felons who should be allowed to vote by not making them felons in the first place.

Violate someone else's rights though, and you lose yours. That's the inherent purpose of the government in the first place.

One of the bigger myths going was that our jails were filled with non-violent marijuana users.
    As Boehner lied about and WaPo agrees with you on. Congrats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/04/16/john-boehners-claim-that-we-have-literally-filled-up-our-jails-with-people-for-minor-marijuana-possession/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.26d2bcc9e712
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Boehner has a lot of company telling that lie and the only reason you looked it up is because you thought I was wrong.

Unlike you Hondo I don't talk out my ass.

And it's a documented fact that Trump's team met with a Russian team to discuss giving DNC emails and Hillary emails to Trump.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Boehner has a lot of company telling that lie and the only reason you looked it up is because you thought I was wrong.

And it's a documented fact that Trump's team met with a Russian team to discuss giving DNC emails and Hillary emails to Trump.

Just like the dossier research wasn't funded by a conservative group.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Just like the dossier research wasn't funded by a conservative group.
    Correct