Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Moral Majority is BACK

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
I had no idea it would happen so soon

“The reason Republicans hate me so much is because I confront them directly on their moral — their lack of moral grounding on so many issues and, not just that, but the reason they're so upset and they act like that girl in 'The Exorcist’ that's like vomiting pea soup, that’s like them and negativity,” Ocasio-Cortez said in one clip.

The reason that they do that is because they need to fiercely protect a paradigm and way of thinking that says short-term gains are more important, no matter how marginal than any long-term loss and any long-term cost.”

The New Yorker then replied in dire fashion to a viewer who asked how many years the planet has left.

“We have 12 years left to cut emissions by at least 50 percent, if not more, and for everyone who wants to make a joke about that, you may laugh but your grandkids will not,” she said, before continuing to compare those who oppose her calls for drastic action on climate change to those who were on the wrong side of history during the civil rights movement.

“Look back and you open history books… you see those folks who are protesting against the ability for African Americans and black Americans to have the right to vote,” she said.

At another point in the video, Ocasio-Cortez appeared to accuse border agents of “trying to cage children at the border and inject them with drugs.”

https://foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-likens-gop-to-exorcist-girl

I don't think she gets it

At all

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

PurpleJ said:

Shocking that the communist sjw waitress is batshit crazy. Just shocking I tell you!

Used to work with a gal who wouldn't shut up and some crusty construction foreman said - she needs a dick in that mouth

Not sure why I thought of that
    Hondo the dipshit only knows the names of 3 or 4 members of Congress, and the only reason you know her name is because of Fox News.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

“Look back and you open history books… you see those folks who are protesting against the ability for African Americans and black Americans to have the right to vote,” she said.

AOC is the queen of redundant rhetoric.

@RaceBannon is right. She needs a dick in her mouth.

I don't recall too many protests against the ability for blacks to have the right to vote. Can I take a look at her history book?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

I don't recall too many protests against the ability for blacks to have the right to vote. Can I take a look at her history book?
    Wow. Just wow.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2019

Have we now got to the point that we are separating African Americans from Black Americans? I heard something on this but I thought it was satire

Since we now have 30 or so genders, why can't each race be broken down into 30 or so sub races? Get with the times Race, you sound old, rich, and white.
  • Options
    She nailed everything there.
  • Options

Have we now got to the point that we are separating African Americans from Black Americans? I heard something on this but I thought it was satire

Not all black people are from Africa.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

We are all from Africa.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2019

She nailed everything there.

True, but morality and economics don't correlate. If an agenda built solely on morality bankrupts a country, is it still good because it came from a good place? You can't just govern strictly on morality, because many things work independently of it. Morality isn't a bad thing, but it must fit with the parameters that's sustainable. The problem with OAC is that in order for her ideas to work, she needs to change the parameters, and unfortunately the parameters she needs are not sustainable.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I had no idea it would happen so soon

“The reason Republicans hate me so much is because I confront them directly on their moral — their lack of moral grounding on so many issues and, not just that, but the reason they're so upset and they act like that girl in 'The Exorcist’ that's like vomiting pea soup, that’s like them and negativity,” Ocasio-Cortez said in one clip.

The reason that they do that is because they need to fiercely protect a paradigm and way of thinking that says short-term gains are more important, no matter how marginal than any long-term loss and any long-term cost.”

The New Yorker then replied in dire fashion to a viewer who asked how many years the planet has left.

“We have 12 years left to cut emissions by at least 50 percent, if not more, and for everyone who wants to make a joke about that, you may laugh but your grandkids will not,” she said, before continuing to compare those who oppose her calls for drastic action on climate change to those who were on the wrong side of history during the civil rights movement.

At another point in the video, Ocasio-Cortez appeared to accuse border agents of “trying to cage children at the border and inject them with drugs.”

https://foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-likens-gop-to-exorcist-girl

I don't think she gets it

At all

I'm shaking and about to vomit ... like that girl in the exorcist.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Shocking that the communist sjw waitress is batshit crazy. Just shocking I tell you!

You can read can't you??
  • Options

Listen, if you're going to sit there and marginalize my Haitian brothers, then I'm out!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2019

No shit

Most aren't by this point

AA was always kind of stupid in my opinion and the opinion of my Black friend

I remember where I first heard it. A Black person was not sufficiently woke enough on some subject and of course, was not from Africa so couldn't understand like someone who came from slaves. Even though there is literally no difference in 2019 between the two. But still

Let's just keep dividing people and assigning thought and political philosophy based on skin color and national origin. What could go wrong?

Cortez the Killer is turning out to be quite the divider. I had heard that was bad when Trump was a divider.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

I'm not following this one either. In the Jim Crow south, there were plenty of strong-arm tactics aimed at keeping blacks away from the polls. While probably not technically a lot of 'protests' in the traditional form, were these not protests in effect?