Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Moral Majority is BACK

13»

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

“Look back and you open history books… you see those folks who are protesting against the ability for African Americans and black Americans to have the right to vote,” she said.

AOC is the queen of redundant rhetoric.

@RaceBannon is right. She needs a dick in her mouth.

I don't recall too many protests against the ability for blacks to have the right to vote. Can I take a look at her history book?
    I'm not following this one either. In the Jim Crow south, there were plenty of strong-arm tactics aimed at keeping blacks away from the polls. While probably not technically a lot of 'protests' in the traditional form, were these not protests in effect?
    I wouldn't call turning fire hoses on people a "protest." If she has said we've all seen pictures of blacks being beaten by Rat party members trying to deny them their right to vote, I wouldn't of had a problem.

Or she could have said that she has seen pictures of blacks protesting in support of their right to vote. But she is a dumbfuck who said what she said.
    Were the Southerners beating blacks and turning fire hoses on them liberals or conservatives? Thanks in advance.
    Democrats

Was FDR a liberal? Because he was a racist. And a democrat

Just learned about this US history thing. Turns out there were racist southern democrats who FDR appeased by limiting the New Deal to whites. Someone let me know what happened to these dixiecrats who were conservative. I’m not that far yet.
    How were they Conservatives? They loved the Federal tit. Go read George Wallace’s platform from 1968. But for his support for the Vietnam war he was a big spending liberal. He just wasn’t an anti-American piece of shit like you
    When a right-winger uses state power to subordinate blacks and deny their civil rights they’re actually liberal because they used the government to do so!
    You mean like when Repubs ended slavery and gave blacks the right to vote?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2019

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

“Look back and you open history books… you see those folks who are protesting against the ability for African Americans and black Americans to have the right to vote,” she said.

I don't recall too many protests against the ability for blacks to have the right to vote. Can I take a look at her history book?
    I'm not following this one either. In the Jim Crow south, there were plenty of strong-arm tactics aimed at keeping blacks away from the polls. While probably not technically a lot of 'protests' in the traditional form, were these not protests in effect?
    I wouldn't call turning fire hoses on people a "protest." If she has said we've all seen pictures of blacks being beaten by Rat party members trying to deny them their right to vote, I wouldn't of had a problem.

Or she could have said that she has seen pictures of blacks protesting in support of their right to vote. But she is a dumbfuck who said what she said.
    Were the Southerners beating blacks and turning fire hoses on them liberals or conservatives? Thanks in advance.
    Democrats

Was FDR a liberal? Because he was a racist. And a democrat

Just learned about this US history thing. Turns out there were racist southern democrats who FDR appeased by limiting the New Deal to whites. Someone let me know what happened to these dixiecrats who were conservative. I’m not that far yet.
    Why did these "conservatives" repeatedly vote for the liberal FDR? So FDR "appeased" them by limiting the New Deal to whites, which isn't completely accurate but I'll let that bullshit pass for now. Why would those racist "conservatives" support any form of the New Deal?

Cue the jackass dance.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775

Have we now got to the point that we are separating African Americans from Black Americans? I heard something on this but I thought it was satire

Not all black people are from Africa.
    No shit

Most aren't by this point

AA was always kind of stupid in my opinion and the opinion of my Black friend

I remember where I first heard it. A Black person was not sufficiently woke enough on some subject and of course, was not from Africa so couldn't understand like someone who came from slaves. Even though there is literally no difference in 2019 between the two. But still

Let's just keep dividing people and assigning thought and political philosophy based on skin color and national origin. What could go wrong?

Cortez the Killer is turning out to be quite the divider. I had heard that was bad when Trump was a divider.
    There was a black woman named Sharon who was kind of a mother figure to me in my late teens and early twenties. (She died about a year and a half ago from cancer). But I was having a conversation with her around 1990, when I was 19 years old. If I remember correctly, I referred to her or someone as African-American, which was becoming the societal norm. She was like, "Derek, knock off that bullshit right now. Let me tell you something. You take a standard African person right now and bring them over here, they are going to take one look at us black American folk and go What the fuck are you guys doing? All these black kids today wearing African colors and clothing and necklaces, they don't have the slightest g-damn idea what they're talking about. It's pure foolishness. Black Americans can't even begin to relate to what those people are like or what their lives are like. It's pure foolishness. Their connections and roots to that continent were destroyed long ago by the slave trade and they might as well accept that fact and move forward and create something new. And while we're at it Derek, what exactly is white anyway? What the fuck is up with that shit? Do you know what pure white looks like? It's not anywhere near the skin tone that you have. It's a farce in order to brainwash Americans a certain way about what's supposedly pure and what isn't. You think you're any purer than me?"

I could go on and on with what she said, but I'll just say at one point I went... "Whoa, this is a lot to process..." And she said "I'm helping you to wake the fuck up Derek. The real world out here isn't like all that bullshit they're teaching you in school. And I'm from Pittsburgh, and you people out here in Seattle are living in a fucking dream world that doesn't exist. Y'all got your heads in the clouds and all idealistic and shit. Derek, this is the game of Life... Milton Bradley invented that shit!"

Then she leaned back and did that cackling laugh she always did when she was destroying my faulty assumptions about life. She then capped things off by saying: "The world's a fucked-up place, Derek. It's all about who you know and who you blow. The sooner you realize that the better off you'll be!"

Then I'd go "Ouff." And she'd started chanting "Der-ek! Der-ek! Der-ek!..."
    God, I think I'd have tittay fucked that woman......

RIP, Sharon. The Throbber is saluting you. No, really... full-on flagpole, sweatpants style.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Have we now got to the point that we are separating African Americans from Black Americans? I heard something on this but I thought it was satire

No shit

I remember where I first heard it. A Black person was not sufficiently woke enough on some subject and of course, was not from Africa so couldn't understand like someone who came from slaves. Even though there is literally no difference in 2019 between the two. But still

Let's just keep dividing people and assigning thought and political philosophy based on skin color and national origin. What could go wrong?

Cortez the Killer is turning out to be quite the divider. I had heard that was bad when Trump was a divider.
    There was a black woman named Sharon who was kind of a mother figure to me in my late teens and early twenties. (She died about a year and a half ago from cancer). But I was having a conversation with her around 1990, when I was 19 years old. If I remember correctly, I referred to her or someone as African-American, which was becoming the societal norm. She was like, "Derek, knock off that bullshit right now. Let me tell you something. You take a standard African person right now and bring them over here, they are going to take one look at us black American folk and go What the fuck are you guys doing? All these black kids today wearing African colors and clothing and necklaces, they don't have the slightest g-damn idea what they're talking about. It's pure foolishness. Black Americans can't even begin to relate to what those people are like or what their lives are like. It's pure foolishness. Their connections and roots to that continent were destroyed long ago by the slave trade and they might as well accept that fact and move forward and create something new. And while we're at it Derek, what exactly is white anyway? What the fuck is up with that shit? Do you know what pure white looks like? It's not anywhere near the skin tone that you have. It's a farce in order to brainwash Americans a certain way about what's supposedly pure and what isn't. You think you're any purer than me?"

I could go on and on with what she said, but I'll just say at one point I went... "Whoa, this is a lot to process..." And she said "I'm helping you to wake the fuck up Derek. The real world out here isn't like all that bullshit they're teaching you in school. And I'm from Pittsburgh, and you people out here in Seattle are living in a fucking dream world that doesn't exist. Y'all got your heads in the clouds and all idealistic and shit. Derek, this is the game of Life... Milton Bradley invented that shit!"

Then she leaned back and did that cackling laugh she always did when she was destroying my faulty assumptions about life. She then capped things off by saying: "The world's a fucked-up place, Derek. It's all about who you know and who you blow. The sooner you realize that the better off you'll be!"

I do enjoy the never ending projecting from you right wingers.
    I wish I had an older black woman to teach me about life. By life I mean sex. I had useless 15 year old white girls who didn't know anything more than me. Surprised I found the hole.
    Took me a few tries
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Both. The Conservative hosers wanted to knock people down and control them.

The Liberal hosers wanted to see people naked after their clothes were blown off, because Liberals are perverts.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

No shit

I do enjoy the never ending projecting from you right wingers.
    I wish I had an older black woman to teach me about life. By life I mean sex. I had useless 15 year old white girls who didn't know anything more than me. Surprised I found the hole.
    Took me a few tries
    Me as well.