Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Benning listed as Dline.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2019

Can I get a fucking trigger warning for threads in which people seriously talk about who is going to play 5-tech in our defense???

And that it goes unchallenged??

Fucking kill yourselves.

wE oNlY gO As wIdE aS a 3 TeCh

Here's a picture of our defensive tackle lined up at the 5T you ornery fuck. We like to have multiple looks, go figure.

I love it when we don't recognize that we teach our players multiple positions. That is called SAM you shit head.
    Well no, he's on the left tackle's outside shoulder playing at the LOS. That's literally the definition of the 5-tech alignment.
    When we say Benning is moving to the DL, we are talking about taking him from his outside, stand up alignment there (5-7 Tech, whatever) to a DOWN, interior 1-2 Tech alignment.

Got it fucker?
    But is Benning actually going to play DT? Or is he going to play SAM/3rd defensive tackle?

String & Qualls did both, but there were at least 295. Is Benning going to gain 20 pounds so he can rotate in at DT? (Which he probably should)
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Can I get a fucking trigger warning for threads in which people seriously talk about who is going to play 5-tech in our defense???

Fucking kill yourselves.

Here's a picture of our defensive tackle lined up at the 5T you ornery fuck. We like to have multiple looks, go figure.

I love it when we don't recognize that we teach our players multiple positions. That is called SAM you shit head.
    Well no, he's on the left tackle's outside shoulder playing at the LOS. That's literally the definition of the 5-tech alignment.
    When we say Benning is moving to the DL, we are talking about taking him from his outside, stand up alignment there (5-7 Tech, whatever) to a DOWN, interior 1-2 Tech alignment.

Got it fucker?
    But is Benning actually going to play DT? Or is he going to play SAM/3rd defensive tackle?

String & Qualls did both, but there were at least 295. Is Benning going to gain 20 pounds so he can rotate in at DT? (Which he probably should)
    I have no idea, but after 4 straight years of being the #1 D in the Pac and recruiting the body types for the 2-2-2-5 D, it would surprise me a little if we went to a 3-1-2, but I suppose it’s possible.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

Fucking kill yourselves.

If that's the strongside linebacker, how come he's lined up on the weakside of the formation?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Fucking kill yourselves.

BRO, HE'S STANDING. That's where SAMS play. Just like Elijah Qualls played SAM some.

I get that all the fucking Doogs cannot let go of the idea we play DEs, but we don't.

Do we OCCASIONALLY line people up at the 5 or 7 tech and have their hand down? YES.

But it's not a position in our defense. It happens less than 15% of the time in games I've charted.

Our base defense is the following (which you can see in that picture):

2 "DOWN" DLs (usually a 1 and a 2 Tech)

2 "UP" OLBs (usually a 5-7 Tech; SAM plays field side, BUCK plays weak)

2 ILBs (MIK and WIL)

Slot (kind of a hybrid LB/CB)
    2 CBs
    2 Ss

that's what we are in there and that's what we are almost always in.

Got it fucker?
    I wanted to get the clip from Apple Cup of the short yardage play with only 3-pt stances outside the offensive tackles to P@WN!!!! dennis. Sadly my JIF didn't include the pre-snap.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fucking kill yourselves.

BRO, HE'S STANDING. That's where SAMS play. Just like Elijah Qualls played SAM some.

I get that all the fucking Doogs cannot let go of the idea we play DEs, but we don't.

Do we OCCASIONALLY line people up at the 5 or 7 tech and have their hand down? YES.

But it's not a position in our defense. It happens less than 15% of the time in games I've charted.

2 ILBs (MIK and WIL)

2 CBs
    2 Ss

Got it fucker?
    Fuck me but I didn't know that Buck and Sam weren't left and right positions, I just thought we moved our guys around a lot.

Good chit and TYFYS.

BDTW.c 4eva!

I can get yelled at if I'm wrong but we swap guys around enough it's not always clear that someone is playing Strong or Weak side consistently. The offenses' strong side might switch but the backers may stay on the same side of the field they were already on but switch their assignments. I *think I can remember seeing this at UCLA game and being confused by it.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Fucking kill yourselves.

2 ILBs (MIK and WIL)

2 CBs
    2 Ss

Got it fucker?
    I don't disagree with much of this. That's my whole fucking point, that our down linemen (outside of the NT) will line up anywhere from the 2 to the 7. More than most defenses, because we pride ourselves on being as versatile as possible.

But I'll go ahead and defer to you and your fucking charts to tell us what percentage of the time they line up where. I'm not going to pretend to pay attention to anything close to that level of detail.
    I never realized noticing where our guys lined up made me a superfan, but so be it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fucking kill yourselves.

Got it fucker?

I have no idea, but after 4 straight years of being the #1 D in the Pac and recruiting the body types for the 2-2-2-5 D, it would surprise me a little if we went to a 3-1-2, but I suppose it’s possible.
    Semantics. I get what you’re saying about a 3-1-2 but there really is no such thing in traditional alignments. A safety in the box is still a safety. A MLB covering a TE outside or in the slot still isn’t a corner.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,976

Fucking kill yourselves.

Got it fucker?

Semantics. I get what you’re saying about a 3-1-2 but there really is no such thing in traditional alignments. A safety in the box is still a safety. A MLB covering a TE outside or in the slot still isn’t a corner.
    Preseason all pac12 team disagrees.