Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Benning listed as Dline.

Comments

• Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

So assume Potoae and Levi at the two "DL" spots, with Tryon and likely Bowman at BUCK and SAM respectively. Wellington and Manu (yikes)/Beavers (please) at ILB, and that leaves only one open starting spot in the front seven - nose tackle. That position has been a strength for us since, honestly, 2009 when Ta'amu first emerged as an impact player (though counting 2015 in that streak might be generous).

So who's next, Tuli or Taimani?

Tuliani or Taimuli....
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So assume Potoae and Levi at the two "DL" spots, with Tryon and likely Bowman at BUCK and SAM respectively. Wellington and Manu (yikes)/Beavers (please) at ILB, and that leaves only one open starting spot in the front seven - nose tackle. That position has been a strength for us since, honestly, 2009 when Ta'amu first emerged as an impact player (though counting 2015 in that streak might be generous).

I'm guessing Tuli but both plus a true frosh, probably Bandes, play a lot.

I no longer think inside lb is as grim as it feels. Wellington and Beavers are good and if either can stay healthy then the other spot has four promising, albeit young and unproven, candidates in Tafisi, Sirmon, Hammer, and Calvert. My guess is we still have some injury issues but that both Heimuli and Calvert burn redshirts and play quality minutes and the position group as a whole does a solid job.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,975
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2019

NT isn't going to be a starting position for us.

If we had a 11 man depth chart I think it would look like this:

DL:Benning, Levi
    OLB: Bowman, Ngata/Tryon
    ILB: Wellington, Beavers
    ICB: Bryant, molden
    CB: Hampton, Taylor
    S: McKinney
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sirmon will pass up Manu
    In Sirmon We Trust.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    edited March 2019

I'll take it but I'd much rather him being listed in the transfer portal.

dumb
    He stinks. Sorry if this is news.

Perhaps the position change will be good for him and fuck, I hope so because I’ve had about enough of him getting washed out my every offensive tackle in the world (or so it seems).

Interesting how the pass rush looked much better with Tryon gobbling snaps from him.

Put him inside and fatten him up a bit and see if it changes, again...I hope it does.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Shocking news. Can't believe he's being demoted to stuff the run.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll take it but I'd much rather him being listed in the transfer portal.

dumb
    He stinks. Sorry if this is news.

Perhaps the position change will be good for him and fuck, I hope so because I’ve had about enough of him getting washed out my every offensive tackle in the world (or so it seems).

Interesting how the pass rush looked much better with Tryon gobbling snaps from him.

Put him inside and fatten him up a bit and see if it changes, again...I hope it does.
    Potoae just hasn't found the right position in this defense. He'd be a natural as an edge setting/run stopping end in a 4-3 and would have plus athletic ability there.

It's weird he's never learned to rush the QB better as a standing olb, but maybe he'll do better at it from further inside. I think the string role might suit him well.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    edited March 2019

Can I get a fucking trigger warning for threads in which people seriously talk about who is going to play 5-tech in our defense???

And that it goes unchallenged??

Fucking kill yourselves.

wE oNlY gO As wIdE aS a 3 TeCh

Here's a picture of our defensive tackle lined up at the 5T you ornery fuck. We like to have multiple looks, go figure.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited March 2019

Can I get a fucking trigger warning for threads in which people seriously talk about who is going to play 5-tech in our defense???

Fucking kill yourselves.

Here's a picture of our defensive tackle lined up at the 5T you ornery fuck. We like to have multiple looks, go figure.

I love it when we don't recognize that we teach our players multiple positions. That is called SAM you shit head.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147

Fucking kill yourselves.

I love it when we don't recognize that we teach our players multiple positions. That is called SAM you shit head.
    Well no, he's on the left tackle's outside shoulder playing at the LOS. That's literally the definition of the 5-tech alignment.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Sounds like seven win sark/Peterman is back in the dawg house
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited March 2019

Fucking kill yourselves.

Well no, he's on the left tackle's outside shoulder playing at the LOS. That's literally the definition of the 5-tech alignment.
    BRO, HE'S STANDING. That's where SAMS play. Just like Elijah Qualls played SAM some.

I get that all the fucking Doogs cannot let go of the idea we play DEs, but we don't.

Do we OCCASIONALLY line people up at the 5 or 7 tech and have their hand down? YES.

But it's not a position in our defense. It happens less than 15% of the time in games I've charted.

Our base defense is the following (which you can see in that picture):

2 "DOWN" DLs (usually a 1 and a 2 Tech)

2 "UP" OLBs (usually a 5-7 Tech; SAM plays field side, BUCK plays weak)

2 ILBs (MIK and WIL)

Slot (kind of a hybrid LB/CB)
    2 CBs
    2 Ss

that's what we are in there and that's what we are almost always in.

When we say Benning is moving to the DL, we are talking about taking him from his outside, stand up alignment there (5-7 Tech, whatever) to a DOWN, interior 1-2 Tech alignment.

Got it fucker?