Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Eason ranked #3

LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,626
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
edited March 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
3. Jacob Eason - Washington (Georgia)
Remember this guy? Jacob Eason was a five-star recruit in 2016 and quickly became Georgia’s starting quarterback. But after going down with a knee injury in Week 1 of 2017, Jake Fromm became entrenched as UGA’s starter. That prompted a move for Eason back to his home state of Washington. And with four-year starter Jake Browning off to the NFL, Eason is the favorite to slide into the QB1 role for the Huskies.

Washington did not quite meet expectations last year, but still managed to take home a Pac-12 title and play in the Rose Bowl. With Eason under center, perhaps the Huskies can make a leap back into the College Football Playoff picture.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-footballs-10-most-impactful-qb-transfers-for-2019-220738705.html

Comments

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Eason ranked too low
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,058
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019

It makes you wonder if they’ve ever watched football.

Okay - motherfucker - let’s recap... Jake Browning choked the life out of everyone associated with UW football like a suburban boa constrictor in a weed haze for fucking four painful years —HIS FIRST GAME I DESTROYED MY OWN TV AND IT NEVER GOT BETTER—

He was QB equivalent to when a hot chick gets a pixie cut. It’s like - it’s kind of cute for a second... but enough. Let’s go with what works...

Jake had like 8 quarters of good football in his CAREER.

He’s fat and has a shit arm.

Christ.

Yeah, but still...

- Everyone associated with KJR and Doogman
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Okay - motherfucker - let’s recap... Jake Browning choked the life out of everyone associated with UW football like a suburban boa constrictor in a weed haze for fucking four painful years —HIS FIRST GAME I DESTROYED MY OWN TV AND IT NEVER GOT BETTER—

He was QB equivalent to when a hot chick gets a pixie cut. It’s like - it’s kind of cute for a second... but enough. Let’s go with what works...

Christ.

My smoking hot former PM cut her beautiful black hair and dyed it blonde once

All that being said, Skinny would hit it
    Which reminds us @RaceBannon you still owe us the tale of the demise of your smoking hot, Latina PM.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

Finally watched a game of Eason's from his freshman year. I don't know about which players will have more of an impact, whatever that means, but I think we need to temper expectations for Eason. Based on what I saw:

-Downfield accuracy is not great. Tends to "push" the ball and throws a fairly flat ball, so often overthrows deep attempts and loses accuracy when touch or arc is required. If you were thinking, "Thank God, we're finally going to see deep and intermediate passes all over the field" like I was, think we need to think again. His main game was underneath stuff. Slants, quick outs, crossing routes, curls, etc. Think I saw him through two fade routes and one go in the whole game, completing (and coming close at all, really) on 1 of 3.

- Enough athleticism to escape pressure. And can at least throw the ball away so he won't eat it or throw it right to the other team like Browning.

- Mostly a one-read guy. Didn't see the field all that well. Will concentrate on primary route concepts and fire away rather than looking for other guys coming open. That's great for getting rid of the ball and picking up 6-8 yards, but will often miss guys deeper downfield.

- Didn't really use checkdown (RBs) guys.

- One HUGE benefit is the ball gets out to WRs on screens FAST, and same for little out routes, etc. Guys had time to catch, turn, look, run. I could see guys like Chico, Ahmed, Lowe, and the Opera Singer getting great YAC opportunities.

Bottom line, I really hope Bush has been teaching him to see the field better and throw with some touch. If not, we'll basically have last year's offense, but at least it will be with a guy who trusts his arm enough to fire away with even six inches of separation. So all those times I was yelling at the TV, "Throw it! Get rid of it! Now it's too late!" will be replaced by, "Ugh, did he not see Ty running free down the sideline on the other side?!?"

Good post and TYFYS on the scouting.

He's had a full season of watching a Georgia QB do it better than him, and a full season of brownsox shitting himself. I assume there's been some time in the film room too.

He was a true frosh and should be a lot better. He's a shitty transfer QB who lost his last job until he proves otherwise though.

And...he's not brownsox for the reasons you mentioned. That's huge.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Christ.

The fuck is a pixie cut?
    It sucks.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Christ.

People forget browning found a way to shit away his first game, people forget that
    I didn’t forget that
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    do not do a web image search - you have been warned

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Christ.

My smoking hot former PM cut her beautiful black hair and dyed it blonde once

All that being said, Skinny would hit it
    Which reminds us @RaceBannon you still owe us the tale of the demise of your smoking hot, Latina PM.
    I read this poast and quickly scrolled the thread. Disappointed.

Hoping @RaceBannon will take it to the Wam.

• Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    Swaye's Wigwam

RE: the pixie cut - I had one...once. Got it after a particularly bad breakup because that’s how lots of us lady folk like to cope with heartache...make drastic changes to our hair.

One guy I knew (who I eventually ended up dating), saw my new look the following day. All the color drained from his face and he simply said, “oh Doog_de_Jour, NO.”

That pissed me off, and I doubled down by putting a bunch of product in my hair to make it spiked (REMEMBER I WAS IN DEEP EMOTIONAL PAIN!), so I ended up looking super butch.

Several days later some employee at the HUB called me “sir”. I told my guy aquatintance about this and how I was going to grow my hair out. He said, “oh thank God.” When my hair reached shoulder length again, he finally asked me out.

CSB.

Truth...your friend knows whats up.