Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Show your support for what this community means to you:


Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)



Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. If you dare criticize Jimmy Lake, you won't last long.

What if I told you that

13»

Comments

  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Posts: 622
    250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes 500 Comments

    UW won the Pac 12 next year and Stanford got the CFP bid?

    Let's say UW beats Stanford giving Stanford their only loss while UW loses a conference game but wins the tie breaker. Both are 11-1, UW 12-1 after beating Utah in the CCG

    But!

    THE TOUGHEST NONCONFERENCE SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY
    Stanford: vs. Northwestern (Aug. 31), at UCF (Sept. 14), vs. Notre Dame (Nov. 30)

    In addition to their nine Pac-12 games, the Cardinal host the defending Big Ten West champions, travel to play a team that just had a 25-game winning streak snapped and close the season against a team that came closer to beating Clemson (on the scoreboard at least) than Alabama did. Coming off an up-and-down 2018, there will be no free passes for David Shaw’s crew.

    Stanford sweeps these games they get voted in ahead of Pussy U and our? pussy schedule

    But what happens when we? go 1-11?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 14,002
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

    PurpleJ said:

    PurpleJ said:

    PurpleJ said:

    Stanford isn't sweeping those games and they'll be lucky to even be 2nd in the norte.

    Whaa? I can totally see Stanford beating those three teams. Hardly a murderer's row.
    None of them are patsies and Stanford is no longer a dominant team. They lose to either ND or UCF.
    Or they don't. Either way, ....
    In addition to their nine Pac-12 games, the Cardinal host the defending Big Ten West champions, travel to play a team that just had a 25-game winning streak snapped and close the season against a team that came closer to beating Clemson (on the scoreboard at least) than Alabama did. Coming off an up-and-down 2018, there will be no free passes for David Shaw’s crew.
    David Shaw's crew > Derek Johnson's crew.
    @YellowSnow

    Stanford Crew sucks. On the left coast no one cares about academis for Crew.
    creepycougbackthepackIce_Holmvik
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 14,002
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    edited March 21
    Stanford does have a very manageable PAC schedule but I still think Shaw finds a way to lose 2 or more league games. They’ve never quite been the same since our 2016 beatdown game.
  • PurpleJ said:

    I still think it's a dumb point because our DAWGS always have destiny in their hands. Losers care about ESPN and winners win. I thought Race was better than this.

    The ‘91 Huskies went undefeated and still got screwed by the media
  • FirePeteFirePete Posts: 11,722
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    13-0 or #firepete
    doogvillebackthepack
  • AlexisAlexis Posts: 1,654
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments

    PurpleJ said:

    Stanford isn't sweeping those games and they'll be lucky to even be 2nd in the norte.

    That's not the point

    You need to read for comprehension

    I only read the headline
    RaceBannonbackthepack
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Posts: 8,313
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    Meek said:

    UW won the Pac 12 next year and Stanford got the CFP bid?

    Let's say UW beats Stanford giving Stanford their only loss while UW loses a conference game but wins the tie breaker. Both are 11-1, UW 12-1 after beating Utah in the CCG

    But!

    THE TOUGHEST NONCONFERENCE SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY
    Stanford: vs. Northwestern (Aug. 31), at UCF (Sept. 14), vs. Notre Dame (Nov. 30)

    In addition to their nine Pac-12 games, the Cardinal host the defending Big Ten West champions, travel to play a team that just had a 25-game winning streak snapped and close the season against a team that came closer to beating Clemson (on the scoreboard at least) than Alabama did. Coming off an up-and-down 2018, there will be no free passes for David Shaw’s crew.

    Stanford sweeps these games they get voted in ahead of Pussy U and our? pussy schedule

    This is a real concern that Race has identified. It shouldn't be an issue, but the reality is that ESPN hates UW so much (I still don't understand why, but they do...it's fucking weird and inappropriate) such that those douches on College Football Live simply diminish everything about UW every time they have a chance. This is where the playoff committee is totally gullible in that none of them watch every game and thus they take their cues from ESPN...with ESPN bitch slapping UW it will naturally elevate any Pac12 team that is not UW - call it Oregon or Stanford or USC.

    The disrespect is unreal!
    I have a feeling UW fights ESPN on every goddamn thing. It goes back to Gameday against Oregon...maybe even before then.

    UW wanted them in Red Square with the cameras facing Mt. Rainier. ESPN wanted a more academic shot and wanted the library. The fight was ridiculous but we know what happened. Schools bend over backwards when ESPN comes to town and they love it. UW welcomes them....sorta...but you aren't getting any special access.

    They made the playoff for Chrissakes and the only back story I remember is Kenny Mayne doing something on Chico cause they went to the same high school.

    So they come to campus and want back stories/interviews. CP tells them to fuck off so now he's "cantankerous".....there is never anything extra when they come to UW. We give them nothing it seems.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Posts: 11,306
    10000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

    Meek said:

    UW won the Pac 12 next year and Stanford got the CFP bid?

    Let's say UW beats Stanford giving Stanford their only loss while UW loses a conference game but wins the tie breaker. Both are 11-1, UW 12-1 after beating Utah in the CCG

    But!

    THE TOUGHEST NONCONFERENCE SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY
    Stanford: vs. Northwestern (Aug. 31), at UCF (Sept. 14), vs. Notre Dame (Nov. 30)

    In addition to their nine Pac-12 games, the Cardinal host the defending Big Ten West champions, travel to play a team that just had a 25-game winning streak snapped and close the season against a team that came closer to beating Clemson (on the scoreboard at least) than Alabama did. Coming off an up-and-down 2018, there will be no free passes for David Shaw’s crew.

    Stanford sweeps these games they get voted in ahead of Pussy U and our? pussy schedule

    This is a real concern that Race has identified. It shouldn't be an issue, but the reality is that ESPN hates UW so much (I still don't understand why, but they do...it's fucking weird and inappropriate) such that those douches on College Football Live simply diminish everything about UW every time they have a chance. This is where the playoff committee is totally gullible in that none of them watch every game and thus they take their cues from ESPN...with ESPN bitch slapping UW it will naturally elevate any Pac12 team that is not UW - call it Oregon or Stanford or USC.

    The disrespect is unreal!
    I have a feeling UW fights ESPN on every goddamn thing. It goes back to Gameday against Oregon...maybe even before then.

    UW wanted them in Red Square with the cameras facing Mt. Rainier. ESPN wanted a more academic shot and wanted the library. The fight was ridiculous but we know what happened. Schools bend over backwards when ESPN comes to town and they love it. UW welcomes them....sorta...but you aren't getting any special access.

    They made the playoff for Chrissakes and the only back story I remember is Kenny Mayne doing something on Chico cause they went to the same high school.

    So they come to campus and want back stories/interviews. CP tells them to fuck off so now he's "cantankerous".....there is never anything extra when they come to UW. We give them nothing it seems.
    Classic Seattle Culture move if you axe me.
    backthepackUW_Doog_Bot
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Posts: 13,491
    Standard Supporter 10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers
    Usually only the SEC gets the second place in the playoff. The SEC is the greatest conference in the history of sports of course. Alabama could beat the Oakland Raiders and Buffalo Bills by 60 points.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Posts: 9,286
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes
    edited April 1
    Because losing to Cal is a bad loss
    MisterEmbackthepack
  • MisterEmMisterEm Posts: 6,367
    Swaye's Wigwam 5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary

    Because losing to Cal is a bad loss

    Always.
Sign In or Register to comment.