Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ted Koppel turned to his wife, and what he said blew my mind

GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
https://youtu.be/41s12Uwb3mU

He makes some very good observations. Also apparently a half brain.

Comments

• Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    So what did he say
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

51 years ago LBJ lost Cronkite
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Want better press coverage? Don't be a shitty president

simple
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    BearsWiin said:

simple

Press was on Obama's dick 24/7 and he was a shitty President.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,248
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don't be a GOP president
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

BearsWiin said:

simple

Ronald Reagan often had awful press coverage
    The press was nice to Clinton right?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,248
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

simple

Yes

Still butthurt I see
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Not surprised many of you(!) don’t get it.
  • Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

BearsWiin said:

simple

He deserved it
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,807

I wish they'd have show the rest of the video where Ted Koppel leaps up and beats Marvin Kalb down like Jim Everett going to town on Jim Rome.

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,538
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The local channels in Seattle cater to the politics of Seattle/Olympia so much it is disgusting. KOMO is going to do an article on Seattle dying which I hope to catch. I rarely watch the local news for more than 5 minutes before they are slanting a story in favor of the powers that be.

What happened to the press riding the elected officials about scandals? where is the blame for Western State Hospital? The early prisoner release fiasco? The 21 years of construction on 1-5 in Tacoma? Journalism has died in the NW. (I don't ever read the Times/PI/Olympian/Tribune so they might have an article once in a blue moon)
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

The local channels in Seattle cater to the politics of Seattle/Olympia so much it is disgusting. KOMO is going to do an article on Seattle dying which I hope to catch. I rarely watch the local news for more than 5 minutes before they are slanting a story in favor of the powers that be.

What happened to the press riding the elected officials about scandals? where is the blame for Western State Hospital? The early prisoner release fiasco? The 21 years of construction on 1-5 in Tacoma? Journalism has died in the NW. (I don't ever read the Times/PI/Olympian/Tribune so they might have an article once in a blue moon)

That piece on Seattle dying that was linked here was pretty damn good journalism. I suspect that example is pretty rare.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,703
    2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

simple

They didn't call CNN the Clinton News Network for nothing!
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    LebamDawg said:

Let me get this straight. You only watch the news for 5 minutes. Then you complain about not seeing certain stories on the news?

BTW... By the time they get done with I5 in Tacoma. The traffic needs will be much greater and therefore more construction will be needed. That's a clusterfuck if there ever was one.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,538
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @2001400ex - you missed my point, I am complaining that they tow the line of our elected officials more than trying to find out what the heck is really going on. So I went out of my way (not to far really) and watched channel 13 KCPQ news for a bit.

Big story on a brush fire - talked about how dry it is, how to prevent future fires. Cause of fire? not a homeless guy, it was a transient. Son of a bitch started the fire. Making sure that nothing about the homeless folks being every where and having started other fires. The news is afraid of offending the political leaders and all the do-gooders that tolerate this crap.

Another story on the amount of garbage (mentioned tons in volume but I missed the number) that is being cleaned up because fo RVs. Nothing about homeless folks living in the pieces of crap that the city will no ticket, tow, move or anything else. The blame is on RVs. So RV owners are responsible for all the effing garbage? or is it the homeless? According to the news it is RVs

That is just two stories that are caused by the homeless and the reporters do not even mention the homeless or the city processes/porocedures that allow that to happen. They are attached to the Mayor's and Governor's teats and will not let go.