Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is your DM.com banning story?

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Mine: I had many “time outs”. Was told less is more a few times. Was told my schtick was funny the first 23 times. Lots of butting heads with Kim. Shit got serious when Sark was hired. I wasn’t on the hype train. I wanted to see results from a hire that had never been a head coach. I mocked the “Sark gets it” shit after his first “kick ass presser” where he said “It’s about time UW gets back to rose bowls” or something. I was all over Sark when he decided to remain at USC after he was hired at UW. The whole “ Free Pub” thing came out of that. I was banned in January 2010 I believe. Before Sark ever coached a down.

Almost 10 years ago. Where did the time go!!

What’s yours? If your stil there how do you manage?

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I was part of the first big wave to leave dawgman for huskyhalfbrains.com I could probably dig up some of the old emails from Chest and some of the other guys who lead the charge of getting posters to leave dawgman and head over to Derek's old site. At the time, Kim deleted any comments critical of Sark. He also posted a lot of flat out lies that were easily disproved by doing 2 seconds of research. After getting caught in one such lie, I posted a gif that hurt Kim's feelings. No warning. Just gone.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2019
    I don't remember the exact circumstance but Kim had said something FS that Fatters had completely contradicted in an article 2-3 days before and when I called the little man out he banned me. I also sent him lemon party, but I'm pretty sure the former is what got the hammer. The vagina farm was actually much worse it came to bans. Fuck those guys.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter

Baphomet said:

I was never banned, though Fatters threatened me once by writing my password in a post -- my password was an uncommon word and he really stretched to fit it into his response to something that I wrote that pissed him off -- I was suggesting he wasn't nearly as smart has he liked to act.

I knew then that they had no integrity.

I had already known they were dumbshits, but having no integrity was the tipping point for me.

The fact they even had access to your password is fucked up.
    Because it didn't actually happen.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I got bored there after like 10 poasts in 2006. Never banned but gave up on it pretty early. @RaceBannon and @iDawg are the only reason I ended up here.
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2019

Baphomet said:

I was never banned, though Fatters threatened me once by writing my password in a post -- my password was an uncommon word and he really stretched to fit it into his response to something that I wrote that pissed him off -- I was suggesting he wasn't nearly as smart has he liked to act.

I knew then that they had no integrity.

I had already known they were dumbshits, but having no integrity was the tipping point for me.

The fact they even had access to your password is fucked up.
    Exactly. This was back when their site was probably written in VB.net and their flunky developer was probably just storing the password in an access database without encryption/hash.

A buddy of mine had a programming contract in the same building that dawgman was once in, and met one of their site's developers. Said he was the biggest dumbshit he'd ever talked to when it comes to software developers.
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,182
    Swaye's Wigwam

I got a few timeouts but was never banned. Came here by choice.

Same. Signed up for the free trial around a signing day during the sark years. Was like multiple months for free. Those were the days when they were doing the signing day event at the husky bar in like Issaquah or some shit.

I got a "time out" for pointing out how dumb fetters is. Cancelled that shit as soon as I discovered hhbs.

I think they got $30 out of me and I'm still pissed about it.
  • ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    Not banned, just woke up to the clusterfuck and got the shit outta dodge.

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited March 2019

Got purged back on 08 (I think it was) with the rest of the Halfbrains. Stupidly subscribed again in like 2011, which at least lead to Kim's famous "But why is Emmert a bad president???" post. Seppuku'd my way into my final ban.

Can't beat that one. DNC takes the crown.

Old man HuskyClaus got me a 7-day timeout after I called him a dried up prune. Fetters gave me the "be better to our senior posters" PM.

We mended fences here at HCH briefly... then he bailed here to post by himself on the free-bird.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649

I remember when they changed Damone to ****** so I was there post Damone. Not sure I made it to a Sark game though

Kim was always lenient with me because of DFI and because I called him a good guy. I wasn't auto banned for HHB but I'm pretty sure that was the end. One day I had no more free access to dawgtales then no access at all

No warning? Just gone?