Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

AOC speaks to massive crowd as she calls FDR racist

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

[A Short History of Dianne Feinstein’s Love for China
    For the last 40 years, no politician in America has arguably maintained a deeper, more longstanding and friendlier relationship with China, at the highest levels of its ruling Communist Party, than Feinstein. It dates back to the opening of U.S.-Chinese diplomatic relations in 1979.

Shortly thereafter, Feinstein, then mayor of San Francisco, established a “sister city” relationship with Shanghai, one of the earliest and most robust such relationships in U.S.-China history. Soon after, Feinstein led a mayoral delegation to China joined by her husband, investor Richard Blum, a trip they took together many times over the ensuing years as the relationship between both Feinsteins and China grew.

During the 1980s, as mayor of San Francisco, Feinstein developed a close friendship with Shanghai Mayor Jiang Zemin. This substantially enhanced Feinstein’s foreign policy profile, and created an important linkage to the U.S. government for China’s Communist Party (CCP).

Just as Feinstein rose to a prominent position in foreign affairs and national security in the U.S. Senate, first on the Foreign Relations Committee and later as chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Jiang rose to the top of Chinese leadership, serving as chairman of the Central Military Commission, general secretary of the CCP, and president of the People’s Republic of China (PRC). Under Jiang’s leadership, the PRC initiated a brutal crackdown against practitioners of Falun Gong, including mass imprisonments, beatings, torture, rape, organ harvesting, and murder, and engaging in alleged human rights atrocities against Tibetans. Feinstein never renounced her friendship with Jiang, in spite of these acts.

Feinstein and Jiang reportedly visited each other regularly in the 1980s, with Jiang once spending Thanksgiving in San Francisco with Feinstein and her husband. Jiang supposedly danced with Feinstein during one such visit, which surely must have been a propaganda coup for the CCP a la Ted Kennedy and the Soviets.

It Turned Out to Be a Lucrative Relationship
    In 1986, Feinstein and Jiang designated several corporate entities for fostering commercial relations, one named Shanghai Pacific Partners. Feinstein’s husband served as a director. His financial position was relatively small, less than $500,000 on one project, the only such position in China the Feinstein family held when Feinstein entered the Senate in 1992.

‘They said that Feinstein’s consistent support for China’s interests cannot help but benefit her husband’s efforts to earn profits there.’

That project, however, which Blum’s firm participated in alongside PRC state-run Shanghai Investment Trust Corp., was one of the first joint ventures between San Francisco and Chinese investors, reportedly “cited by Chinese officials as a testament to the friendly business ties between Shanghai and San Francisco that Feinstein had initiated.” Subsequently Blum’s investments in the Middle Kingdom mushroomed.

In May 1993, Feinstein expressed her strong support on the Senate floor for continued trading with China. Contemporaneously, her husband was seeking to raise up to $150 million from investors, including himself, for a variety of Chinese enterprises.

In August 1993, Feinstein and her husband visited Beijing for extensive meetings with Chinese leaders at President Jiang’s invitation. As the Los Angeles Times reported in a 1994 exposé on Feinstein’s husband’s business ties and the potential conflict of interests they presented: “Such encounters are fondly remembered when deals are clinched back in China, according to American experts in Chinese business practices. They said that Feinstein’s consistent support for China’s interests cannot help but benefit her husband’s efforts to earn profits there.”

The historical record suggests these American experts were right. Blum successfully raised $160 million for the aforementioned Asia fund under his Newbridge Capital investment company, including investing $1-2 million himself. The fund invested in several state-owned and Chinese government-linked businesses.]

Is that how she got to be worth 129 million?
    I'm hearing hotels in Russia are a big deal. Macau? Not so much.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,599
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Its well known that people with hyphenated names are cunts
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Its well known that people with hyphenated names are cunts

Magna Carta-Samuels? True?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2019
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

I notice the apologists skipped over her class warfare campaign video and coming from disadvantage.

She's just a teacher (of six year olds) and a community organizer (just like Obama). No mention of being an expert on economics of the history of America. But being a bar tender has made her qualified.

The stupidity is glaring.

I have seen no sign that any Right Winger here knows much about economics or history.
    Tell me what your preferred modern theory of economics was again? Mike Damone and I will be waiting. JFC.
    Schumpeter’s predictions are reasonably close to what’s happening now. I’d like to be strategic and find a way to save capitalism. You girls just want to defend the worst aspects of our system and go to war with the same generation you expect to change your diapers when you’re infirm. Very foolish on your part.
    Don't kid yourself. You'll never rise to that level.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,181
    edited March 2019

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

I notice the apologists skipped over her class warfare campaign video and coming from disadvantage.

She's just a teacher (of six year olds) and a community organizer (just like Obama). No mention of being an expert on economics of the history of America. But being a bar tender has made her qualified.

I have seen no sign that any Right Winger here knows much about economics or history.
    Tell me what your preferred modern theory of economics was again? Mike Damone and I will be waiting. JFC.
    Schumpeter’s predictions are reasonably close to what’s happening now. I’d like to be strategic and find a way to save capitalism. You girls just want to defend the worst aspects of our system and go to war with the same generation you expect to change your diapers when you’re infirm. Very foolish on your part.
    I suspect I'm older than you, Madam. I won't be changing your Depends for you.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

I suspect I'm older than you, Madam.
    You should be embarrassed by your overt racism then. And your stupidity. Especially for your advanced age.
    You're trying too hard.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

You should be embarrassed by your overt racism then. And your stupidity. Especially for your advanced age.
    You're trying too hard.
    Oh, the irony. #HHuskyIsRacist
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

You're trying too hard.
    Of course.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

You're trying too hard.
    Of course.
    Credit where it's due. You worked hard to earn that badge. #HHuskyIsRacist
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

You're trying too hard.
    Of course.
    Not really. I didn't even use props.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

You're trying too hard.
    Of course.
    Wow. Octupling down on your racism now?

CNN is not the Gospel, dip-shit. Try being better.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

You're trying too hard.
    Of course.

Only stupid people think Meadows wasn't trotting Patton out there to claim black employee = not racist. So you're a liar or stupid. Your choice.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,862
    edited March 2019
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

You're trying too hard.
    Of course.

Only stupid people think Meadows wasn't trotting Patton out there to claim black employee = not racist. So you're a liar or stupid. Your choice.
    Contain the pitch..contain the pitch. Turn it inside.

Jesus. Run something else besides calling people stupid. It doesn't reflect well on your self-proclaimed intelligence.

How is the lesson plan coming along, by the way?

• Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

You're trying too hard.
    Of course.

Jesus. Run something else besides calling people stupid. It doesn't reflect well on your self-proclaimed intelligence.

Hurrah for tokenism!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,862
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

You're trying too hard.
    Of course.

Hurrah for tokenism!
    You the token narcissist?

OK!
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,599
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    When white liberals get outraged but black people don't care it's not racist.

When white liberals get outraged on behalf of black people because black people can't think for themselves, it's racist.

Hth
  • Options
    edited March 2019

When white liberals get outraged but black people don't care it's not racist.

When white liberals get outraged on behalf of black people because black people can't think for themselves, it's racist.

Hth

Lots of black people saw it for what it was too, so you should try to come up with something better. I’m not outraged though. It wasn’t remotely surprising that some GOP Congressman would invite a black woman to stand there, being all black and stuff, and argue that she is Exhibit A to his argument that Daddy isn’t a racist.