Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Andrew Yang interview

2»

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2019

jecornel said:

He is not for free college at least.

Unless you include "forgiveness" of student loan debt.
    I haven't heard him say that or I may missed it. I don't think you can offer debt forgiveness. Money borrowed is money owed.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

He has not backed GND thankfully. He is serious border security and wants to legalize weed. Yes, seeing government as the solution provider a concern for sure.

He is at least aligned and onboard per his response to the question as to his position on the GND.

He also backs rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement which has been exposed as a thinly veiled income redistribution scam.

The 2020 election is one the democrats can win rather easily, but they're going to play hell doing so with nothing more than different presentations of the same left wing ideology.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

I haven't heard him say that or I may missed it. I don't think you can offer debt forgiveness. Money borrowed is money owed.
    He stated forgiving student loan debt as part of his platform in the video interview. He see's it as stimulative, which it would be, but it is also fundamentally wrong. As you said, and I wholeheartedly agree with, money borrowed is money owed.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

He has not backed GND thankfully. He is serious border security and wants to legalize weed. Yes, seeing government as the solution provider a concern for sure.

He is at least aligned and onboard per his response to the question as to his position on the GND.

He also backs rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement which has been exposed as a thinly veiled income redistribution scam.

The 2020 election is one the democrats can win rather easily, but they're going to play hell doing so with nothing more than different presentations of the same left wing ideology.
    Hopefully he adjusts his position on GND. That is not good.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

He stated forgiving student loan debt as part of his platform in the video interview. He see's it as stimulative, which it would be, but it is also fundamentally wrong. As you said, and I wholeheartedly agree with, money borrowed is money owed.
    That is pandering for votes. Debt relief should be taken off the table.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Yang differentiates himself by acknowledging the path to victory is via business expansion and growing the pie. The Throbber gets the sense that he is not a zero sum game kind of guy.

Now, he’s also saying he wants a much bigger portion of the new pie to pay for all this shit - but contends the even higher taxed pie would be bigger than the current pie.

The dividend analogy is brilliant.

He’s definitely the smartest motherfucker to jump into the campaign. Would like to see him gut AOC but I don’t think he’s going to waste his bullets on someone who isn’t his direct opponent.

Trump should keep an eye out on the guy. He may have the chops to pull an Obama v1.0 when everybody bought the bad gospel preacher hope and change bullshit.

Enough people bought the MAGA angle to put trump in the White House. Trump is going to be Hilary in 2020 where 30 or 40% of the people already just flat out hate him. He didn’t face that in round 2016.

• Options
    Founders Club

Yang differentiates himself by acknowledging the path to victory is via business expansion and growing the pie. The Throbber gets the sense that he is not a zero sum game kind of guy.

Now, he’s also saying he wants a much bigger portion of the new pie to pay for all this shit - but contends the even higher taxed pie would be bigger than the current pie.

The dividend analogy is brilliant.

He’s definitely the smartest motherfucker to jump into the campaign. Would like to see him gut AOC but I don’t think he’s going to waste his bullets on someone who isn’t his direct opponent.

Trump should keep an eye out on the guy. He may have the chops to pull an Obama v1.0 when everybody bought the bad gospel preacher hope and change bullshit.

Enough people bought the MAGA angle to put trump in the White House. Trump is going to be Hilary in 2020 where 30 or 40% of the people already just flat out hate him. He didn’t face that in round 2016.

Renaming UBI a "Freedom Dividend" was brilliant. The result of market testing. He's smart, there is no doubt about that.

He'd do very well in the same states Hillary did well in. However, for the electoral math to work out for him, he would have to broaden his appeal, and that will be difficult given the diametric opposition many in those areas have to many of the left wing positions he has. We'll see. My guess is he doesn't make it out of the primaries. The big money will most likely get behind Great Grand Uncle Joe, or the Beto, or a Biden/Beto combo.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

No shit. We definitely don't want a president that supports investment in renewable energy. Fuck that. Oil and coal FTW!!!!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

No shit. We definitely don't want a president that supports investment in renewable energy. Fuck that. Oil and coal FTW!!!!

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Bernie is the only candidate to beat him in individual donations in the past six weeks I believe. You are probably right that he won't make it out of the primaries. Bernie anything will be a net negative for all. Bernie should retire. Biden/Beto is star power. I think Trump beats any of those guys. Yang against Trump would at least provide some intrigue. Two people with zero background in the political system granted Trump now does have almost fours experience.

What is changing is people don't want political lifers running for prez.

My money is on Trump for 2020.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Of all the Democrats Beto is the most pathetic one.

The Irish billionaire who has a Mexican nickname so he can be a man of the people and get votes

It's so fucking preposterous
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Of all the Democrats Beto is the most pathetic one.

The Irish billionaire who has a Mexican nickname so he can be a man of the people and get votes

It's so fucking preposterous

He almost took down Cruz in a deep red district. That says something.