Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

US government tracking and detaining journalists

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    pawz said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6v1dj5kcLCA

Finally, a president that cares so much about America that he’ll shit on the constitution to protect his personal agenda.

Do you know which president has attacked and incarcerated more journalists - to get at their sources - than any other in history? The answer may shock you!

This is actually true, but that's part of the story. Obama took the baton from Bush and then zealously sought to track down leaks. Maybe more than that. This is a good piece on it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/06/08/seizing-journalists-records-an-outrage-that-obama-normalized-for-trump/?utm_term=.981dfb42cc53

Trump had nothing to normalize thanks to Obama, and I would add to him Bush. I love this quote from an earlier piece in the Times:

“If Donald J. Trump decides as president to throw a whistle-blower in jail for trying to talk to a reporter, or gets the F.B.I. to spy on a journalist, he will have one man to thank for bequeathing him such expansive power: Barack Obama.”

I may have missed it, but did the Obama administration actually have any journalists actually incarcerated? I know they were bullies when it came to tracking down shit they wanted to know, but I didn't realize they actually had anyone convicted and jailed.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Finally, a president that cares so much about America that he’ll shit on the constitution to protect his personal agenda.

The administration should not be doing this. I'll leave the lawyering to @creepycoug but I don't think one has the same protections of search and seizure when entering the country. But still, shouldn't be doing that.

That twat Shenk is being disingenuous. Obama did keep a list of conservative activists in the IRS at the very least. Also look into the Sharyl Attkisson story. That was domestic.

Preemptive fuckoff to Hondo, Shenk brought up Obama.
    I see no reason why people who call themselves "journalists" should get a pass for aiding and abetting people who are conspiring to violate US law. The "journalist" that was detained was detained by Mexican authorities. Hondo and his hack pals are lying their asses off.
    Shenk claims journalists were detained by both Mexican and American authorities.
    He claims that they were given extra screening by US authorities and were therefore "detained."
    A 13-hour screening, as claimed, for a US citizen without felony indications, that I would call a detention.
    The 13 hour detention was for a Canadian. Did you listen to the entire thing?
    I did as best as I could. Shenk is a leather awl to my ear drum.
    I took one for the team. Pure crap. Don't look for any retraction from the dumbass who posted it or Hondo the dipshit who swallowed like a bitch.
    Now you care about accuracy in reporting?
    I've been on record as viewing some of the shots taken at you here as gratuitious and hackneyed ... and certainly at times perfunctory. That is to say, you are a token defender of the left in a sea of token defenders of the right, so it is what it is.

But you do seem to double down on nothing unnecessarily. I assume you post poasts like the last one to get a rise out of the natives. But on the off chance you have more genuine motives, take it from someone who doesn't hate you that this ain't ever gonna work.
    You don't hate him?

I hate you
    I'm just not as invested in him as you and the others appear to be.

Indifference is not a bad thing.
    Hate requires love so I don't hate him

I do hate you though
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

pawz said:

Do you know which president has attacked and incarcerated more journalists - to get at their sources - than any other in history? The answer may shock you!

This is actually true, but that's part of the story. Obama took the baton from Bush and then zealously sought to track down leaks. Maybe more than that. This is a good piece on it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/06/08/seizing-journalists-records-an-outrage-that-obama-normalized-for-trump/?utm_term=.981dfb42cc53

Trump had nothing to normalize thanks to Obama, and I would add to him Bush. I love this quote from an earlier piece in the Times:

“If Donald J. Trump decides as president to throw a whistle-blower in jail for trying to talk to a reporter, or gets the F.B.I. to spy on a journalist, he will have one man to thank for bequeathing him such expansive power: Barack Obama.”

I may have missed it, but did the Obama administration actually have any journalists actually incarcerated? I know they were bullies when it came to tracking down shit they wanted to know, but I didn't realize they actually had anyone convicted and jailed.

Convicted, no, but Obama did have a journalist jailed for not disclosing a source. There is no federal shield law. The one I’m thinking of may have started with Bush then continued aggressively by Obama.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The administration should not be doing this. I'll leave the lawyering to @creepycoug but I don't think one has the same protections of search and seizure when entering the country. But still, shouldn't be doing that.

That twat Shenk is being disingenuous. Obama did keep a list of conservative activists in the IRS at the very least. Also look into the Sharyl Attkisson story. That was domestic.

I see no reason why people who call themselves "journalists" should get a pass for aiding and abetting people who are conspiring to violate US law. The "journalist" that was detained was detained by Mexican authorities. Hondo and his hack pals are lying their asses off.
    Shenk claims journalists were detained by both Mexican and American authorities.
    He claims that they were given extra screening by US authorities and were therefore "detained."
    A 13-hour screening, as claimed, for a US citizen without felony indications, that I would call a detention.
    I took one for the team. Pure crap. Don't look for any retraction from the dumbass who posted it or Hondo the dipshit who swallowed like a bitch.
    I've been on record as viewing some of the shots taken at you here as gratuitious and hackneyed ... and certainly at times perfunctory. That is to say, you are a token defender of the left in a sea of token defenders of the right, so it is what it is.

But you do seem to double down on nothing unnecessarily. I assume you post poasts like the last one to get a rise out of the natives. But on the off chance you have more genuine motives, take it from someone who doesn't hate you that this ain't ever gonna work.
    I was giving Bob shit. I'm on record calling most news organizations, especially TV news, as being awful. In this instance, I'm making fun of Bob because he only bags on one side.

And because the sea of red here, and my penchant to give them shit. I look like a liberal loon when really I'm fairly moderate.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I was giving Bob shit. I'm on record calling most news organizations, especially TV news, as being awful. In this instance, I'm making fun of Bob because he only bags on one side.

And because the sea of red here, and my penchant to give them shit. I look like a liberal loon when really I'm fairly moderate.
    You only bag on one side. Fuckass shitlips

I like to be a leftist and call myself a moderate....ILTDT
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    You were all over the veracity of this story Hondo and as soon as your stupidity and gullibility was exposed you started in with your pathetic "both sides" do it.

When you find me supporting bullshit stories started by right-wing sources you might have a fucking point Kunt. But you're constantly swallowing like a bitch bullshit stories from left-wing sources.

Why weren't you calling out this news source Hondo? Their "reporting" is pure crap and you've not said anything about it. You swallow like a fucking bitch and then talk about me only criticizing one side.

Why do I have to do with the fact that you're constantly getting suckered by bullshit sources?
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

You were all over the veracity of this story Hondo and as soon as your stupidity and gullibility was exposed you started in with your pathetic "both sides" do it.

When you find me supporting bullshit stories started by right-wing sources you might have a fucking point Kunt. But you're constantly swallowing like a bitch bullshit stories from left-wing sources.

Why weren't you calling out this news source Hondo? Their "reporting" is pure crap and you've not said anything about it. You swallow like a fucking bitch and then talk about me only criticizing one side.

Why do I have to do with the fact that you're constantly getting suckered by bullshit sources?

Good point White Trash Bob. Why do you have to do with the fact?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

And like clockwork here comes the other moronic dipshit.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

And like clockwork here comes the other moronic dipshit.
    Hi White Trash Bob!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You don't hate him?

I hate you

I do hate you though
    I love you too man.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

It’s an anonymous source inside the DHS that also provided documents showing this. What’s the problem.

These so called journalists, lawyers and “Border angels” are actively involved in helping illegals border jump. They are aiding and abetting illegals. Not sure what the problem is in flagging them when they come and go across the Mexican border.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Wow. Profile in Courage or what?
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

It’s an anonymous source inside the DHS that also provided documents showing this. What’s the problem.

These so called journalists, lawyers and “Border angels” are actively involved in helping illegals border jump. They are aiding and abetting illegals. Not sure what the problem is in flagging them when they come and go across the Mexican border.
    Aiding and abetting? That’s a crime!
    First stop for the illegals: GayBob’s ER
    Second stop: stealing you job.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Self loathing alcoholic that hates his country weighs in!!!
    Don't be deceived. He's a Roy Rogers man.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You don't hate him?

I hate you

I do hate you though
    He only hates you because he cares, though, creep.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,655
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Self loathing alcoholic that hates his country weighs in!!!
    If only his moms basement would flood......
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Notice how after All Purple and Hondo put their heads up their asses they just ran away from this thread.