Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

US government tracking and detaining journalists

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6v1dj5kcLCA

Finally, a president that cares so much about America that he’ll shit on the constitution to protect his personal agenda.

Do you know which president has attacked and incarcerated more journalists - to get at their sources - than any other in history? The answer may shock you!

Can you make any argument other than pointing at Obama? He hasn't been president for over two years. Get over it.
    Glorious two fucking years!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Finally, a president that cares so much about America that he’ll shit on the constitution to protect his personal agenda.

The administration should not be doing this. I'll leave the lawyering to @creepycoug but I don't think one has the same protections of search and seizure when entering the country. But still, shouldn't be doing that.

That twat Shenk is being disingenuous. Obama did keep a list of conservative activists in the IRS at the very least. Also look into the Sharyl Attkisson story. That was domestic.

Preemptive fuckoff to Hondo, Shenk brought up Obama.
    I see no reason why people who call themselves "journalists" should get a pass for aiding and abetting people who are conspiring to violate US law. The "journalist" that was detained was detained by Mexican authorities. Hondo and his hack pals are lying their asses off.
    Shenk claims journalists were detained by both Mexican and American authorities.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

The administration should not be doing this. I'll leave the lawyering to @creepycoug but I don't think one has the same protections of search and seizure when entering the country. But still, shouldn't be doing that.

That twat Shenk is being disingenuous. Obama did keep a list of conservative activists in the IRS at the very least. Also look into the Sharyl Attkisson story. That was domestic.

I see no reason why people who call themselves "journalists" should get a pass for aiding and abetting people who are conspiring to violate US law. The "journalist" that was detained was detained by Mexican authorities. Hondo and his hack pals are lying their asses off.
    Exactly. The investigation is into the people who are organizing the illegal migrations (presumably the caravan scale migrations). I’m not a lawyer but this appears to be felony level behavior. Being a journalist is not some mythical protected class (FYI, I have this same opinion when I see veterans playing the veteran card).
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    USMChawk said:

SFGbob said:

Exactly. The investigation is into the people who are organizing the illegal migrations (presumably the caravan scale migrations). I’m not a lawyer but this appears to be felony level behavior. Being a journalist is not some mythical protected class (FYI, I have this same opinion when I see veterans playing the veteran card).
    Agree with that.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2019

SFGbob said:

Shenk claims journalists were detained by both Mexican and American authorities.
    He claims that they were given extra screening by US authorities and were therefore "detained."
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

He claims that they were given extra screening by US authorities and were therefore "detained."
    A 13-hour screening, as claimed, for a US citizen without felony indications, that I would call a detention.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

A 13-hour screening, as claimed, for a US citizen without felony indications, that I would call a detention.
    Go to the 2 min 30 sec. mark. She was detained for 13 hours by Mexican authorities.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    They are intentionally being fast and loose with the facts in order to make it sound like she was detained for 13 hours by the "Border patrol." The fat head Shenk falsely claims that the "Border Patrol" held her for 13 hours. They also refer to the "alleged" violence at the border.

Their "reporting" is pure propaganda. Like I said, I don't ever want to see the dumbass who posted this or his blow-job buddy Hondo ever question the source of someone else. TYT is absolute crap little better than Alex Jones.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Go to the 2 min 30 sec. mark. She was detained for 13 hours by Mexican authorities.
    I really, really don't want to again. So I'll take your word.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The 13 hour detention was for a Canadian. Did you listen to the entire thing?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I did as best as I could. Shenk is a leather awl to my ear drum.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I took one for the team. Pure crap. Don't look for any retraction from the dumbass who posted it or Hondo the dipshit who swallowed like a bitch.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    SFGbob said:

They are intentionally being fast and loose with the facts in order to make it sound like she was detained for 13 hours by the "Border patrol." The fat head Shenk falsely claims that the "Border Patrol" held her for 13 hours. They also refer to the "alleged" violence at the border.

Their "reporting" is pure propaganda. Like I said, I don't ever want to see the dumbass who posted this or his blow-job buddy Hondo ever question the source of someone else. TYT is absolute crap little better than Alex Jones.

Better?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Obama subpoena phone records > Trump detaining journalists. Ok!

It's ok for you guys to admit the Trump abuses his presidencial powers. I'm pretty sure that's why you voted for him. You are Pussies for pointing at Obama rather than just owning it. HTH

More proof that you either don't know what the fuck you're talkin about, or don't care.

Nevermind. Abundance.
    More proof you just talk and don't provide anything but stroking Trump's balls.
    I began reading this thread wondering which poaster would be the first to fag out.

Of course it was Hondo, as usual.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I took one for the team. Pure crap. Don't look for any retraction from the dumbass who posted it or Hondo the dipshit who swallowed like a bitch.
    Now you care about accuracy in reporting?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2019
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Now you have yet another thread where you put your head up your ass and dance around for all of us.

Seriously, is a dumbfuck like yourself even aware of just how fucking stupid you are?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I've been on record as viewing some of the shots taken at you here as gratuitious and hackneyed ... and certainly at times perfunctory. That is to say, you are a token defender of the left in a sea of token defenders of the right, so it is what it is.

But you do seem to double down on nothing unnecessarily. I assume you post poasts like the last one to get a rise out of the natives. But on the off chance you have more genuine motives, take it from someone who doesn't hate you that this ain't ever gonna work.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,132
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I've been on record as viewing some of the shots taken at you here as gratuitious and hackneyed ... and certainly at times perfunctory. That is to say, you are a token defender of the left in a sea of token defenders of the right, so it is what it is.

But you do seem to double down on nothing unnecessarily. I assume you post poasts like the last one to get a rise out of the natives. But on the off chance you have more genuine motives, take it from someone who doesn't hate you that this ain't ever gonna work.
    You don't hate him?

I hate you
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You don't hate him?

I hate you
    I'm just not as invested in him as you and the others appear to be.

Indifference is not a bad thing.