Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tulsi brings lefty foreign policy to righty audience and it works

2»

Comments

• Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    salemcoog said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Just stop with the lefty talking point bullshit. This is an establishment vs libertarian issue.

The people are tired of the "bi-partisan" war mongering, regime change foreign policy directives. When Trump plays the tune you accuse him of being an isolationist.

If only you cared about BigTech censorship since they are now working to silence those voices so the establishment-elite can profit off more war for oil. For recent example, see media coverage on Venezuela.

I’ve never called Trump an isolationist. He’s a con man that says one thing and does another because he knows libertarians are too dumb to figure it out.
    I find Libertarians as a whole to be the most critical thinking of the bunch. The take the best of both sides of the aisle and piss on the worst.

We know you won't agree because Libertarian, but still.
    I don’t think you know what critical thinking is.

Years ago, I noticed theists hijacking atheist and skeptical language in attempt to make their ideas sound more legitimate. This was the “intelligent design” crowd. And you see the same thing with libertarians. Look no further than Damone. Who runs around calling everything out as a logical fallacy but he’s wrong half the time. A lot of people would see his posts and think he’s smart because of the language he uses but he doesn’t really know how to use it.

My point is using language you don’t understand doesn’t make you a critical thinker. Being open to all ideas doesn’t make you good at critical thinking. You have to be able to discern between what has actual reason behind it and what is bullshit.

If libertarians were so good at critical thinking they would think their positions all the way through and realize they wouldn’t work thus making them not libertarians.
    You are the best tail chaser on this board, no one can deny this.

Six paragraphs to say just because you use big words, it doesn’t make you smart mixed in with some jibberish about how being open to new ideas makes you stupid.

All brought to us by the torch bearer for the Male Lesbian movement.
    Not surprised that someone from Salem would find reading a few words and counting to be a challenge
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

pawz said:

pawz said:

Just stop with the lefty talking point bullshit. This is an establishment vs libertarian issue.

The people are tired of the "bi-partisan" war mongering, regime change foreign policy directives. When Trump plays the tune you accuse him of being an isolationist.

If only you cared about BigTech censorship since they are now working to silence those voices so the establishment-elite can profit off more war for oil. For recent example, see media coverage on Venezuela.

I’ve never called Trump an isolationist. He’s a con man that says one thing and does another because he knows libertarians are too dumb to figure it out.
    I find Libertarians as a whole to be the most critical thinking of the bunch. The take the best of both sides of the aisle and piss on the worst.

Years ago, I noticed theists hijacking atheist and skeptical language in attempt to make their ideas sound more legitimate. This was the “intelligent design” crowd. And you see the same thing with libertarians. Look no further than Damone. Who runs around calling everything out as a logical fallacy but he’s wrong half the time. A lot of people would see his posts and think he’s smart because of the language he uses but he doesn’t really know how to use it.

My point is using language you don’t understand doesn’t make you a critical thinker. Being open to all ideas doesn’t make you good at critical thinking. You have to be able to discern between what has actual reason behind it and what is bullshit.

If libertarians were so good at critical thinking they would think their positions all the way through and realize they wouldn’t work thus making them not.

You just did a wonderful job of describing progressives except they hijacked the liberal monicker.

• Options
    Sledog said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

If libertarians were so good at critical thinking they would think their positions all the way through and realize they wouldn’t work thus making them not.

You just did a wonderful job of describing progressives except they hijacked the liberal monicker.

do you have a bank of this shit saved up or do you search for new ones every time?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

do you have a bank of this shit saved up or do you search for new ones every time?
    Glad the truth bothers you. I pick them up when I see them. Save them for you.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

pawz said:

pawz said:

If libertarians were so good at critical thinking they would think their positions all the way through and realize they wouldn’t work thus making them not libertarians.
    Things people say when they can't admit Libertarians are smarter and have more balls than they.
  • Options

pawz said:

pawz said:

Things people say when they can't admit Libertarians are smarter and have more balls than they.
    this is a top 5 post i've seen since i've been on here
  • Options

Sledog said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

More dumb fucking questions from a useless idiot. SP, SP.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

pawz said:

pawz said:

That's because you're an idiot.
    it's because you have zero self-awareness

not that i'd expect any from ohio trash. i'd say there's at least a 35% chance you have barbed wire tattooed somewhere on your body
  • Options

pawz said:

pawz said:

not that i'd expect any from ohio trash. i'd say there's at least a 35% chance you have barbed wire tattooed somewhere on your body

Irony meters, everywhere.
    any other insult than "i know you are but what am i" seems to be beyond your brainpower. sad.
  • Options

pawz said:

pawz said:

any other insult than "i know you are but what am i" seems to be beyond your brainpower. sad.
    Whooooooooosh.
  • Options

pawz said:

pawz said:

Whooooooooosh.
    lol sure bud. you can have the last word. i'm sure you'll use it wisely.
  • Options
    Come see homophobic @MariotaTheGawd struggle in every thread.
  • Options
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

pawz said:

If libertarians progressives were so good at critical thinking they would think their positions all the way through and realize they wouldn’t work thus making them not libertarians progressives.
    It's funny, because I'm not sure you even really understand what libertarianism is or what the historical criticisms of it actually are.

The fact that you think Damone is applying logical fallacies incorrectly only shows your own ignorance. It's not as if this stuff is subjective. This is all Philo 115 critical thinking and logic freshman year argumentation. It's not like anyone in here is arguing Wittgenstein's "What can be shown, cannot be said."

The whole tug is filled with red herring, tu quoque, false binary, equivocation, appeal to pity, moving goalposts, etc.