Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joey Hobert, 2020 3* WR, San Juan Capistrano (San Juan Hills), CA

13»

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019

Perfect fit for him. It sucks so many legacy kids likely won't be getting UW offers. The Millen brothers, Carson Bruener, and now Joey Hobert. Those are all talented kids. UW recruiting is just on another level right now. Maybe they'll circle back to Joey if they drop Gary Bryant for being interested in other schools more than UDUB

SAC edited
    Don't be disingenuous just because I don't irrationally bitch about everything like you. If they don't get Gary Bryant, which is likely, that will be a recruiting miss.
    You don’t irrationally bitch about everything? 🤣
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    He’ll flip to us on signing day after we? whiffed on every other 2020 WR.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,305
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The good news is that he's committed to WSU and not, say, Alabama or even USC or Oregon. Meaning he's actually a UW commit if the staff chooses to offer him. So nice to know he's available if needed.

The bad news is that he would crush it in that system. Basically a better Gabe Marks.

Somebody should probably get a head start and create a "Joey Hobert's Knee" alt in case this commitment sticks.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Perfect fit for him. It sucks so many legacy kids likely won't be getting UW offers. The Millen brothers, Carson Bruener, and now Joey Hobert. Those are all talented kids. UW recruiting is just on another level right now. Maybe they'll circle back to Joey if they drop Gary Bryant for being interested in other schools more than UDUB

SAC edited
    Don't be disingenuous just because I don't irrationally bitch about everything like you. If they don't get Gary Bryant, which is likely, that will be a recruiting miss.
    Naw, the way we will miss on Bryant is he will cool on us, we will stop recruiting him, and you will confuse cause and effect and say we passed on him in favor of Bunkley-Shelton or Loya.

Who we will also miss on but then you will say we passed on them in favor of the 2021 bumper crop.

And then we will poach Hobert at the last second and you will say that was the plan all along and we want DWAG OKGs that bleed purple and shit gold!
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

SAC edited
    Naw, the way we will miss on Bryant is he will cool on us, we will stop recruiting him, and you will confuse cause and effect and say we passed on him in favor of Bunkley-Shelton or Loya.

Who we will also miss on but then you will say we passed on them in favor of the 2021 bumper crop.

And then we will poach Hobert at the last second and you will say that was the plan all along and we want DWAG OKGs that bleed purple and shit gold!
    Again with the exaggerations to fit your narrative. When UW misses on kids, I say they missed on them. Botelho, Navarrette, Smalls. All misses as of right now. Bijan Robinson, another miss. Bryce Young, swing and a miss. Lathan Ransom, swing and a miss.

I'm not a fucking doog no matter how much you try to portray me as one. I know when UW misses on kids and have no problem saying so.

Anybody who can't tell when UW misses on a kid and when they pass on a kid either isn't paying attention or is just fucking dumb. This shit isn't hard to follow at all and only requires common sense.

Here's some quotes from Herbig back in March: "I am definitely planning to take an official visit to Washington. I want to get up there twice, but I am definitely spending one of my (five) official visits on getting up to Washington to meet with the coaches again and to spend time around that place. I love it up there."

"I talk with coach (Bob) Gregory the most, but I also talk a lot with coach (Ikaika) Malloe, so I get a chance to speak to them pretty regularly," Herbig noted. "They are good coaches and the atmosphere and program they have up there is pretty great, especially for guys from the islands.

"I really like coach Gregory a lot. He's great at developing guys and I just feel like we've connected really well. He's my guy."

Those quotes don't fit the negative narrative at all. UW recruited him hard before the Spring evaluation period and he loved UW and our coaches. He wanted to take an official visit to UW. He was invited to officially visit Wisconsin this Summer and yet wasn't invited to officially visit UW for either of these big recruiting weekends in June.

Obviously if they fucking wanted him they would have scheduled him for one of those official visit weekends to give themselves a chance against Wisconsin. They didn't, therefore, they obviously passed on him after getting a look at the 2021 guys during the Spring eval period.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

SAC edited

Again with the exaggerations to fit your narrative. When UW misses on kids, I say they missed on them. Botelho, Navarrette, Smalls. All misses as of right now. Bijan Robinson, another miss. Bryce Young, swing and a miss. Lathan Ransom, swing and a miss.

I'm not a fucking doog no matter how much you try to portray me as one. I know when UW misses on kids and have no problem saying so.

Anybody who can't tell when UW misses on a kid and when they pass on a kid either isn't paying attention or is just fucking dumb. This shit isn't hard to follow at all and only requires common sense.

Here's some quotes from Herbig back in March: "I am definitely planning to take an official visit to Washington. I want to get up there twice, but I am definitely spending one of my (five) official visits on getting up to Washington to meet with the coaches again and to spend time around that place. I love it up there."

"I talk with coach (Bob) Gregory the most, but I also talk a lot with coach (Ikaika) Malloe, so I get a chance to speak to them pretty regularly," Herbig noted. "They are good coaches and the atmosphere and program they have up there is pretty great, especially for guys from the islands.

"I really like coach Gregory a lot. He's great at developing guys and I just feel like we've connected really well. He's my guy."

Those quotes don't fit the negative narrative at all. UW recruited him hard before the Spring evaluation period and he loved UW and our coaches. He wanted to take an official visit to UW. He was invited to officially visit Wisconsin this Summer and yet wasn't invited to officially visit UW for either of these big recruiting weekends in June.

Obviously if they fucking wanted him they would have scheduled him for one of those official visit weekends to give themselves a chance against Wisconsin. They didn't, therefore, they obviously passed on him after getting a look at the 2021 guys during the Spring eval period.
    You should start a podcast
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Too bad that Leach only plays 7th year transfer hard ship quarterbacks