Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why haven't we been in contact with Bijan Robinson and we are recruiting TX RBs?

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Domicillo said:

So let’s view our strategy of going quiet on guys for periods of time, assuming we have others in the bag, being too precious about our position by position allocation, recruiting guys who only bleed purple and gold, not emphasizing recruiting because Pete knows he can out develop other teams, etc. and compare it to the attitude Mario Cristobal has.

https://youtu.be/OPi3ATMBJ8k

I love making fun of Oregon just as much as anyone but all they’re doing in recruiting is outworking us. Imagine if our players lost a game to an inferior team because they didn’t try hard enough to leave no stone unturned. The same way we’d treat the players for being lazy and losing to team they have no business losing to, is the same way we need to treat Pete for losing recruits to inferior opponents. Getting blown out on the field by 5-7 USC needs to be the same as getting blown out by 5-7 USC for Jude Wolfe.

There's only so many hours in a day. Time has to be allocated between recruiting and working on improving the current roster's performance through hours of film study, brainstorming, play designing, etc. A coaching staff that recruits 24/7 isn't getting any better at coaching and scheming or improving the team they have. That's why a staff of just recruiters never fucking works. You reach a ceiling of 6-9 wins depending on talent level, depth, and experience of the roster and that's as good as it gets. Recruiting is getting better for UW every year so you can see the effort put in by UW's staff, but at the same time they need to bust their asses to fix this suck ass offense and make Eason as comfortable and productive as possible.

At the end of the day, winning is what gets you better recruits. Oregon is selling hope right now because they've improved their record every year from 4-8. Their win trajectory is upward right now but will plateau next season and beyond at about 7-8 wins per season. After that, they won't be so hot on the recruiting trail no matter how hard they work at it. Sustained mediocrity gets you mediocre recruits. If you ain't winning, all that extra shit just looks like fake ass gimmicky bullshit.

Everybody loses recruits to inferior opponents. UW could win the national championship and still lose recruits to inferior opponents. Some kids are stupid, some kids are paid for, and early playing time will always have a few elite recruits going to mediocre programs like Oregon.
    Fuck you.
    Maybe they should add you to their recruiting staff since BDTW burst into flames.
    Dennis wouldn't be hired, he cares too much.
    I'm sure he does. He'd be outside recruits bedroom windows hiding in the bushes.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I wish Bonerpopper wasn’t black so I could want him fired more.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Im hearing the view is a lot different from inside the program.

• Options
    Tequilla said:

It's really hard to understand why Bonerpopper still is on staff ... the overall recruiting at the position largely has not been good enough

At best, he's gotten what he should be getting locally ...

I'm not sure that he's won anything outside of state that makes you go wow ...

I really like Cam Davis ... but that's probably the best he's gotten out of state by far and he's a step back from the elite level guys.

He's probably still on staff because you're wrong about Cam Davis. He is elite.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414

Tequilla said:

It's really hard to understand why Bonerpopper still is on staff ... the overall recruiting at the position largely has not been good enough

I really like Cam Davis ... but that's probably the best he's gotten out of state by far and he's a step back from the elite level guys.

Cmon. He’s on staff because he’s a known quantity for Pete not because he got Cam. Who could end of being great for the Dawgs but he’s not a 5* for a reason.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    DawgFader said:

Tequilla said:

Cmon. He’s on staff because he’s a known quantity for Pete not because he got Cam. Who could end of being great for the Dawgs but he’s not a 5* for a reason.

Plenty of RB's not rated 5-stars have performed like 5-stars in college. That doesn't mean shit. He's underrated even as a 4-star. Davis is elite. He's the complete package and has all the physical tools. KB got one of the top two RB's on the West coast with Davis. Y'all keep saying "why is he not fired?" and I'm telling you that's why.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

I like Davis a lot but he's a major dropoff from Austin Jones and a decent one from Charboneau. Getting the third best RB on the west in a given cycle should be the absolute minimum expectation at UW.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

I like Davis a lot but he's a major dropoff from Austin Jones and a decent one from Charboneau. Getting the third best RB on the west in a given cycle should be the absolute minimum expectation at UW.
    No he fucking isn't you idiot! Austin Jones is not fucking better than him! You're fucking dumb for thinking that.
  • Options

Look. I'll take Cam Davis but I still want nice things we should all want nice things. We should be able to go out and talk to the top targets and try to get them early. If they fizzle out later fuck at least we can get out early too but we were there early. Not every kid is going to work out but we should try. MMFG we got lucky on because he was local. But we should be looking for the next Napoleon or better. I just want to level up recruiting all around. Obviously The defense figured shit out. We just need the same on offense.

I want the same thing too. Unfortunately for you and other star lovers, some of KB's top targets are 3-star guys in Sunday and Morrison. He seems to be going after them pretty hard. He went out to Oklahoma to offer Morrison personally. You have to remember, our coaches don't give a fuck about star ratings, they evaluate and rank these guys on their own, and it's a group effort by the entire staff to decide who gets an offer and who the top targets are. We'll see what happens. But if they are going hard after guys they've offered early in the cycle, I don't call that settling if they happen to land them just because they're rated 3-stars. Just get your top targets on both sides of the ball. That's all I want them to do.

I think if they could select exactly who they want right now, they would select Sunday and Morrison as the two running backs and Adams as a DB (CB or SS).
  • Options

Tequilla said:

No he fucking isn't you idiot! Austin Jones is not fucking better than him! You're fucking dumb for thinking that.
    Jones is significantly better.

You're a moron.

Still.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Look. I'll take Cam Davis but I still want nice things we should all want nice things. We should be able to go out and talk to the top targets and try to get them early. If they fizzle out later fuck at least we can get out early too but we were there early. Not every kid is going to work out but we should try. MMFG we got lucky on because he was local. But we should be looking for the next Napoleon or better. I just want to level up recruiting all around. Obviously The defense figured shit out. We just need the same on offense.

I want the same thing too. Unfortunately for you and other star lovers, some of KB's top targets are 3-star guys in Sunday and Morrison. He seems to be going after them pretty hard. He went out to Oklahoma to offer Morrison personally. You have to remember, our coaches don't give a fuck about star ratings, they evaluate and rank these guys on their own, and it's a group effort by the entire staff to decide who gets an offer and who the top targets are. We'll see what happens. But if they are going hard after guys they've offered early in the cycle, I don't call that settling if they happen to land them just because they're rated 3-stars. Just get your top targets on both sides of the ball. That's all I want them to do.

I think if they could select exactly who they want right now, they would select Sunday and Morrison as the two running backs and Adams as a DB (CB or SS).
    Of course you love Sunday now. You are such a doog.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

You're talking out your ass. No one thinks Adams is a DB except you, and you definitely don't know what the coaches are thinking.

Also, we've offered the top 2 RBs in the country, and #5. If you think Sunday is better than either of them, you're nuts. Ngata is better too.

It has nothing to do with stars. You just always manage to convince yourself that whoever is willing to commit to us is who the coaches actually want, and therefore the better player.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

You're talking out your ass. No one thinks Adams is a DB except you, and you definitely don't know what the coaches are thinking.

Also, we've offered the top 2 RBs in the country, and #5. If you think Sunday is better than either of them, you're nuts. Ngata is better too.

It has nothing to do with stars. You just always manage to convince yourself that whoever is willing to commit to us is who the coaches actually want, and therefore the better player.
    It's not about Sunday being better than 5-star guys like Milton or Evans. He obviously isn't. But he is a realistic option (those guys don't give a fuck about UW regardless of who our RB coach is and are never coming here no matter what) who might be better at filling the power back role the coaches are looking to add to the offense better than those guys could. It's about finding the right fit for a specific role in the offense that is needed.