Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

With the reality that Puka is not coming here's my recruiting class review

On a scale of 1-10, then a final grade.

QB - So, 2020 is a shit year for QBs and we took a guy who is Jake Heaps. We got 2 guys last year and Huard committed... but everything has to be evaluated in a vacuum because everyone could get hurt or not pan out. Dylan is okay. He's a 3-star kind of player who got 4-star hype off early success. 7.0

RB - I love Cam, but we had room for two guys and we have possible playing time. Cam is an A-, but overall this is bullshit. 8.0

WR - The biggest shitting of the best I've seen since the 2017 class shit the bed on both lines and LBs (which we will be paying for over the next two years, super!). Honestly we started out in such a great position, it's staggering that this happened. Taj is fine but as a third guy. 5.0

TE - lololololol, we play 2-3 TEs regularly, had early interest from big time guys in Cali and GOT NO ONE. WE TOOK ZERO. How the fuck does anyone let Paopao off the hook for this? Fucking ZERO.

OL - We only took 3 guys again. Which is a fucking retarded policy. I love the three we got (Luciano counts towards the 2017 disaster), but none of them are Orlando Pace. Kalepo is going to need 4 years (which is fine) and the other two are more ready, but will need 3. Which is fine. Quality is an A-, numbers are a C-. Why do we somehow think we are going to compete with low numbers on the OL? I love the thing everyone says here 'it's the hardest position to predict!' - yeah, it is - so, let's take 4/year. 8.0

DL - THIS IS HOW WE SHOULD BE RECRUITING EVERY POSITION. We did really well here, but again, it's not like we are Bama - we are just winning the battles we should win. Tuitele, Bandes, Pa'ama and Ngalu. This is exactly what UW recruiting should look like at this point... one big time guy we couldn't have gotten before (Tui), one regionally big time prospect who we were pole position for early and closed (Bandes). One super high upside guy who won't be ready soon, but we beat some good teams for (Pa'ama) and a guy with some tools we beat lower tier teams for, but could be really good (Ngalu). It's special because of numbers. We should've not botched the Stephon Wright recruitment, though. 10

OLB - Really fucking solid. To me, this is kind of 'yeah, this is what the recruiting classes of a top 10 program should look like'. We got one big time guy and another guy who could develop. Let's not act like this is some unreal monumental achievement on the 'look at everyone in college football' scale. But because around here we grade on the special olympics scale everyone thought it was unachievable. 9.0

LB - Again, the same as OLB recruiting. We led pole to pole on Hammer and closed him. Good. Tuputala is a good developmental guy. We got two kind of higher rated guys (Hammer and Calvert) and then two guys who have unique athletic qualities (Ah You and Phonzo). We added a walk-on that would've gotten a scholly 2 years ago. Numbers are the reason it's better than OLB. 9.5

DB - Exactly the same as OLB. While we are busy sucking our own dicks about how great this class is - and it is good - what secondary in the west has been better than ours for the past 5 years? Pretty sure we should be able to get 4 good players. And we did. 9.0

Too hard to great P/K but I'm glad we took one.

Let's tally it up...

Weighting each position in terms of how many guys are on the field on average for that position, we get a weighted score of 7.65. Without TE it's 8.31.

So there you go, we got a C recruiting class, B if for some reason you think we should excuse the Paopao miss.

Offense: 60/100

Defense: 93/100

Fuck you offensive coaches outside of Scott Huff.

Comments

• Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2019

On a scale of 1-10, then a final grade.

QB - So, 2020 is a shit year for QBs and we took a guy who is Jake Heaps. We got 2 guys last year and Huard committed... but everything has to be evaluated in a vacuum because everyone could get hurt or not pan out. Dylan is okay. He's a 3-star kind of player who got 4-star hype off early success. 7.0

RB - I love Cam, but we had room for two guys and we have possible playing time. Cam is an A-, but overall this is bullshit. 8.0

WR - The biggest shitting of the best I've seen since the 2017 class shit the bed on both lines and LBs (which we will be paying for over the next two years, super!). Honestly we started out in such a great position, it's staggering that this happened. Taj is fine but as a third guy. 5.0

TE - lololololol, we play 2-3 TEs regularly, had early interest from big time guys in Cali and GOT NO ONE. WE TOOK ZERO. How the fuck does anyone let Paopao off the hook for this? Fucking ZERO.

OL - We only took 3 guys again. Which is a fucking retarded policy. I love the three we got (Luciano counts towards the 2017 disaster), but none of them are Orlando Pace. Kalepo is going to need 4 years (which is fine) and the other two are more ready, but will need 3. Which is fine. Quality is an A-, numbers are a C-. Why do we somehow think we are going to compete with low numbers on the OL? I love the thing everyone says here 'it's the hardest position to predict!' - yeah, it is - so, let's take 4/year. 8.0

DL - THIS IS HOW WE SHOULD BE RECRUITING EVERY POSITION. We did really well here, but again, it's not like we are Bama - we are just winning the battles we should win. Tuitele, Bandes, Pa'ama and Ngalu. This is exactly what UW recruiting should look like at this point... one big time guy we couldn't have gotten before (Tui), one regionally big time prospect who we were pole position for early and closed (Bandes). One super high upside guy who won't be ready soon, but we beat some good teams for (Pa'ama) and a guy with some tools we beat lower tier teams for, but could be really good (Ngalu). It's special because of numbers. We should've not botched the Stephon Wright recruitment, though. 10

OLB - Really fucking solid. To me, this is kind of 'yeah, this is what the recruiting classes of a top 10 program should look like'. We got one big time guy and another guy who could develop. Let's not act like this is some unreal monumental achievement on the 'look at everyone in college football' scale. But because around here we grade on the special olympics scale everyone thought it was unachievable. 9.0

LB - Again, the same as OLB recruiting. We led pole to pole on Hammer and closed him. Good. Tuputala is a good developmental guy. We got two kind of higher rated guys (Hammer and Calvert) and then two guys who have unique athletic qualities (Ah You and Phonzo). We added a walk-on that would've gotten a scholly 2 years ago. Numbers are the reason it's better than OLB. 9.5

DB - Exactly the same as OLB. While we are busy sucking our own dicks about how great this class is - and it is good - what secondary in the west has been better than ours for the past 5 years? Pretty sure we should be able to get 4 good players. And we did. 9.0

Too hard to great P/K but I'm glad we took one.

Let's tally it up...

Weighting each position in terms of how many guys are on the field on average for that position, we get a weighted score of 7.65. Without TE it's 8.31.

So there you go, we got a C recruiting class, B if for some reason you think we should excuse the Paopao miss.

Offense: 60/100

Defense: 93/100

Methinks you forgot Buelow, sir.

Does illustrate how Huff really carries offensive recruiting though. Our worst recruiters are on offense (Bonerpopper, PooPoo, the giant hole that used to be Bush Hamdan then Lubick fucked everything). Huff is the only offensive coach who recruited at the right level IMO.

Edit: Read that wrong, I'm retarded. Poont still stands that our offensive recruiters suck until they don't.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What are your thoughts on the PWO guys we took? Obviously Fowler is a great get but I haven't heard much on the other guys
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

We took 4 OLs: Kalepo, Buelow, Luciano and Fautanu.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    My biggest gripe is one of our worst recruiters gets the title of Recruiting Coordinator. If that isn't an example of how not to lead from the top then I don't know what is.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

whuggy said:

My biggest gripe is one of our worst recruiters gets the title of Recruiting Coordinator. If that isn't an example of how not to lead from the top then I don't know what is.

BIJAN ROBINSON SAID KB HASN'T REACHED OUT TO HIM IN A WHILE.

What the fuck kind of lazy shit is this? KB cannot recruit. Bush hasn't recruited a decent fucking QB yet. Junior is not going to be a good recruiter and fucking Poopoo cannot do anything but shit on himself and all he has to do is recruit TIGHT ENDS.

Malloe got us ELEVEN FUCKING GUYS THIS YEAR.
    Lotta pressure on Petersen, Hamdan and Huff next cycle.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,970
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    DawgFader said:

whuggy said:

What the fuck kind of lazy shit is this? KB cannot recruit. Bush hasn't recruited a decent fucking QB yet. Junior is not going to be a good recruiter and fucking Poopoo cannot do anything but shit on himself and all he has to do is recruit TIGHT ENDS.

pressure from whom?
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

DawgFader said:

whuggy said:

pressure from whom?
    From their backs from carrying the load?

• Options
    Founders Club

DawgFader said:

whuggy said:

pressure from whom?
    No one. Oh we signed another top-20 class!!! SUPER!!! I'm sure one day we will get over the hump and move up 15 places!
    The only hope for more pressure would be if the new beat writer sees you guys raising a stink and then he starts beating the drum
  • Options
    Founders Club
    (kind of like what happened with Jack Browning)