Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

H_D said:

Our goaltending is worse than our bagholding.

I'm hearing that this guy is a soft commit to UW, looking to enroll in the Spring

Except this is him, last year.

How far Goldberg had fallen.
    Goldberg lost 20 pounds.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,003
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Holy fuck thought that was a random meth addict photo mistakenly attached to this article but further googling confirms that is in fact Goldberg.

Meth is a helluva drug.

At least he still has his sense of humor:

"Nicodemus says Weiss was far from combative at the scene — instead amusing the officers with his humor. He was “witty,” according to the arresting officers with whom Nicodemus spoke."

@dirtydrugsdawg #truth except oxcy’s and crack are more addictive.

Fren told me.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

H_D said:

I'm hearing that this guy is a soft commit to UW, looking to enroll in the Spring

Goldberg lost 20 pounds.
    20?

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

H_D said:

Goldberg lost 20 pounds.
    Yeah but I really like hockey goalies for the program. They effectively hold bags on their legs all the time.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
  • Options
    ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186

H_D said:

Almost like he’s been moving from the fictional Ducks to what the fandom’s like for the real world Ducks.

Maybe that’s why it’s always Awwoyo
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Hugh said during closed practice he saw, that it was extremely clear that Eason is the best QB on the field. Said it looks like he is starting to feel comfortable and it’s starting to match his physical traits. Throwing crisp balls, and far hash throws that we haven’t seen the last 4 years.

Is Hugh the duck dad guy?
    Hey those Oregon coaches are the only ones on the West Coast who actually have fun, so yeah he now bleeds green and yellow.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Hugh said during closed practice he saw, that it was extremely clear that Eason is the best QB on the field. Said it looks like he is starting to feel comfortable and it’s starting to match his physical traits. Throwing crisp balls, and far hash throws that we haven’t seen the last 4 years.

I listened again, and it was actually Saturday’s open practice, not Sunday’s closed.

“I thought it was one of his best days, his most significant days of separation (from the rest of the QB’s). I thought he was absolutely, clearly, the guy.”

“He was patient. He can generate velocity without having to get his body into it. (Knock on Haener and Browning if I’m reading it right).”
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019

Good. Will make the suffering even worse when Haener gets the starting job.
    He said if he was the coach, there is no question who the starter would be.

He also started to talk about it as if it was a pro camp and someone was going to get cut, but got on a side tangent. I was really hoping he’d say Haener would get cut haha.
    If Huge wants Skinny to start he should probobaly STFU and LIPO. Pete will start Haneous just to spite Mellons.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I listened again, and it was actually Saturday’s open practice, not Sunday’s closed.

“I thought it was one of his best days, his most significant days of separation (from the rest of the QB’s). I thought he was absolutely, clearly, the guy.”

“He was patient. He can generate velocity without having to get his body into it. (Knock on Haener and Browning if I’m reading it right).”
    Knock on both Haener and Browning, but specifically Browning. Haener has a better arm than Browning, which was the basis behind the clamoring for Haener next year. The difference is that Eason's is wayyyy better.
    bingo
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Knock on both Haener and Browning, but specifically Browning. Haener has a better arm than Browning, which was the basis behind the clamoring for Haener next year. The difference is that Eason's is wayyyy better.
    Agreed, but I was also considering Coker’s recent analysis. He mentioned Haener drops down a foot when he throws because he’s getting his entire body into the throw. It takes him from 6 foot to 5 foot.

So while Haener has a better arm than Browning and shows some zip, he still has to put his entire body into it where as easy just flicks and it’s a fucking rifle. Which is what it felt like Hugh was alluding to.
    Similar sentiment from another source. Damon Huard was on the radio in Portland:

"It's a tough call. It's super competitive. Jake Haener has a rifle of an arm. Sure, he's a hair under 6ft tall but he has that kinda big Russell Wilson hand. He can fire a football for sure."

"But then there are flashes of Jacob Eason, where I have never seen a Husky quarterback make a throw like that."