Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If you are 6-6, 340 and you have A+ technique/coordination at 18yo you are called Orlando Pace and you are the #1 recruit in the country, play three years at Ohio State, get picked first in the draft, dominate the NFL for a decade and go immediately into the Hall of Fame.

Is it a surprise that a 6-6, 340 recruit is not there yet technique/coordination wise?

Nope. And for the record, again, I was not talking at all about technique.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If you are 6-6, 340 and you have A+ technique/coordination at 18yo you are called Orlando Pace and you are the #1 recruit in the country, play three years at Ohio State, get picked first in the draft, dominate the NFL for a decade and go immediately into the Hall of Fame.

Is it a surprise that a 6-6, 340 recruit is not there yet technique/coordination wise?

COORDINATION ALSO.

This is why you can see players like Dylan Axelrod (shoutout to Derek) in HS and think they are all world. Because the ability to coordinate movements among limbs is proportional to how much effort it takes to move them. So guys who are at that LB height/weight in HS look like gods, because they are at an optimal point from a size/coordination standpoint.

Kalepo is not my favorite recruit. I'm not sure he will be great, because it's obvious he has a long way to go and there is so much to do.

It is one of the reasons why at bowdowntowashington.com we have predict a RANGE for recruits rather than just thinking that him being a four-star means he will be better than a three star it's harder to predict guys like him.

The deal with recruits is that they are usually either smaller and coordinated or bigger and uncoordinated.

When you have big and coordinated and you just need technique, you have Kaleb McGary.

When you have big, coordinated and technique you have Clowney.

You get my point.

I'm not here stanning for Kalepo. But if a guy is 6-6, 340 and can move (even if it's not super coordinated movement at this point) you have to take him because by his RS-Soph year, he might really start to bulldoze people.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,547
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lincoln Kennedy was a freshman redshirt because he wasn't ready. He stood out on the sidelines and you'd go wow but he needed that year.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

COORDINATION ALSO.

This is why you can see players like Dylan Axelrod (shoutout to Derek) in HS and think they are all world. Because the ability to coordinate movements among limbs is proportional to how much effort it takes to move them. So guys who are at that LB height/weight in HS look like gods, because they are at an optimal point from a size/coordination standpoint.

Kalepo is not my favorite recruit. I'm not sure he will be great, because it's obvious he has a long way to go and there is so much to do.

It is one of the reasons why at bowdowntowashington.com we have predict a RANGE for recruits rather than just thinking that him being a four-star means he will be better than a three star it's harder to predict guys like him.

The deal with recruits is that they are usually either smaller and coordinated or bigger and uncoordinated.

When you have big and coordinated and you just need technique, you have Kaleb McGary.

You get my point.

I'm not here stanning for Kalepo. But if a guy is 6-6, 340 and can move (even if it's not super coordinated movement at this point) you have to take him because by his RS-Soph year, he might really start to bulldoze people.
    I think we managed to get an all caps response from Dennis where he's not yelling at us but with us. Kudos GrunDlz. I think?
    Facing Dennis in the next circle jerk round, this makes me uneasy.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

COORDINATION ALSO.

You get my point.

Where we?re at talent wise for OL, I see zero risk in taking a kid like Kalepo. He'll have all the time he needs to develop. And if he doesn't, that roster spot isn't as crucial as it once was.

Some of you feegs see a few seconds of Sam Huard and get the full picture of where he's at. I know nothing about QB play and can't see that. I do know a little about line play and like I said, some shit just jumps out at me. I didn't even know it was Kalepo until I looked up the number.
    Climpsun won their 2016 Natty with a third of guys that started like Kalepo, a guy like Sam Huard at QB, some try hards, some long-play 3-star kids and a good chunk of 4 and 5 star guys who provided enough talent to make sure they had playmakers.

Having Bama's roster is great, but not necessary. But it is necessary to have a Climpsun 2016 roster.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,973
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

For the record I stand with Grundlez. Kalepo is huge and hasn't adjusted to his body yet. That's not a bad thing. It means he's not done developing. Which is a good thing. It means he's not close to his ceiling yet and has tons of potential left to develop(which our staff is good at).

Two years we’ll have this dude, Duce bigelow, and Troy maning the line. No telling which other croots play into this. The possibilities are endless. That is really fucking exciting. We’re (for most positions) recruiting the body size needed to compete for nattys. Our developers need to fucking mold the clay they are given.

Does anyone have videos of proper bag holding technique?
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I came

here to see if this had been posted. Nice touch on the throw from the cannon armed qb. Put the ball where his guy could make a play. How refreshing!
    I’m gonna watch this 696969 times
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So how is the squad looking?
  • Options
    LostDoogRewardLostDoogReward Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Is this what throwing the ball in the redzone is supposed to look like?