Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

If its cold enough that you need a jacket or fleece then you shouldn't be wearing shorts.
    You've never gone out in shirts on a cold morning where you know it'll get nice and warm after a bit? I'd rather look like a tool in jacket and shirts for an hour or two in the morning than needlessly wear pants on a sunny day.

This is an important debate. Let's jack this thread
    The souwf agrees. 30 degree swings in a day warrant shorts, flip flops, and zip up hoodie. Then unzip and roll the sleeves during the afternoon as temp increases and then take sleeves down and put hood back on for the afternoon hurricane.
    No, just no.

Flip flops are not acceptable for adults anywhere except the beach.
    I don't wear flip flops as they're not supportive or sturdy enough on the feet for the things I do. I allow myself one new pair of the basic Crocs (for lounging about the house/yard or a quick run to the store) and one new pair of soakable sandals (for basically everything else) every year. My feet get pretty hammered and torn up but I consider it an acceptable tradeoff for the comfort.
    Wearing crocs is like getting blown by a dude. You look down and realize you’re gay.
    Meh whatever. They slip on and off quick, stay on, and are comfortable as fuck. I can't see a downside. I don't wear them for their looks.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

chuck said:

If its cold enough that you need a jacket or fleece then you shouldn't be wearing shorts.
    You've never gone out in shirts on a cold morning where you know it'll get nice and warm after a bit? I'd rather look like a tool in jacket and shirts for an hour or two in the morning than needlessly wear pants on a sunny day.

The souwf agrees. 30 degree swings in a day warrant shorts, flip flops, and zip up hoodie. Then unzip and roll the sleeves during the afternoon as temp increases and then take sleeves down and put hood back on for the afternoon hurricane.
    No, just no.

I don't wear flip flops as they're not supportive or sturdy enough on the feet for the things I do. I allow myself one new pair of the basic Crocs (for lounging about the house/yard or a quick run to the store) and one new pair of soakable sandals (for basically everything else) every year. My feet get pretty hammered and torn up but I consider it an acceptable tradeoff for the comfort.
    Wearing crocs is like getting blown by a dude. You look down and realize you’re gay.
    You forgot the "it may feel good..." part
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

No, just no.

Spoken like somebody who has never lived in the humidity of the south.

I hated flip flops (my parents called them "thongs" growing up so that didn't help), literally hated how they felt on my feet, hated how they looked, hated everything about them. But about six or seven years into living in humidity I learned to wear them, and now I swear by them in the summer. May to September when I'm not at work I'm probably wearing them 81% of the time. As is literally everyone else down here.

It's a different world.
    #MeToo

I wear them almost exclusively from June to late September.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    What time did Rrap run last year at the "combine" day?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    chuck said:

*shorts
  • Options

chuck said:

No, I don't wear shorts unless I am doing an athletic activity.

I recognize not everyone will agree with that but everyone should go to a t-shirt way before they go to shorts. Comfortable pants + nice t-shirt = acceptable in most contexts.

Also it was like 65 and partly cloudy in Seattle today. Does that qualify under your hypothetical?
    No one is going to take fashion advice from a troll.
  • Options

chuck said:

chuck said:

No, just no.

1. getting a bj doesn't make you gay, the blower is gay, not the blowee
    2. the hate on crocs is has gone to far. yes, they are ugly, but for wearing around the house, washing the car, on the dock or boat...they have their place
  • Options

chuck said:

No, just no.

I hated flip flops (my parents called them "thongs" growing up so that didn't help), literally hated how they felt on my feet, hated how they looked, hated everything about them. But about six or seven years into living in humidity I learned to wear them, and now I swear by them in the summer. May to September when I'm not at work I'm probably wearing them 81% of the time. As is literally everyone else down here.

It's a different world.
    can't handle the thong between the toe. I rotate adidas slides, birks, chocos, tevas and crocs for my non-shoe wearing scenarios. #diversity
  • Options
    Sledog said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

No, just no.

1. getting a bj doesn't make you gay, the blower is gay, not the blowee
    2. the hate on crocs is has gone to far. yes, they are ugly, but for wearing around the house, washing the car, on the dock or boat...they have their place
    Absolutely confirms only fags wear Crocs!
    way to interfere with my sextuplet shitpost barrage. fag.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2019

chuck said:

No, just no.

It's a different world.
    can't handle the thong between the toe. I rotate adidas slides, birks, chocos, tevas and crocs for my non-shoe wearing scenarios. #diversity
    That's where I used to be. I forced myself to learn it, now it doesn't bother me. They're superior to all of those in most situations for me, though Tevas/Chocos style stuff are better for white water rafting, walking out on a jetty type activities.

Crocs are never necessary.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

chuck said:

No, just no.

It's a different world.
    The thing is that shoe technology has come a long ways in the last 10 years (socks too.)

If you are in a setting and climate where you don't/can't wear actual real shoes then just wear Nike flyknits. Super comfortable, breathable, and actually functional if you need to do anything other than walk and sound like a child flip flop flip flop flip flop down the street.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Slides> flip flops
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Did we go 10-4 with a bowl loss yet?

Jokes on you we will go 13-0 and make the playoff next season

then lose and still not have won a meaningful game in the Pete era.