Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Houhusky said:

Something tells me Fuller is going to end the season on a big run with multiple 100+ yard games especially if Puka is on the other side. It will be too little, too late.

Puka outside - Fuller slot - Bryant - OL - Otton backside

Bryant or Ahmed should be motioned out when the defense shows man into the open side of the formation.

The offense sucking has been so disheartening because it clearly has the necessary tools to win one on one match-ups on the field while still threatening run if the players are used correctly.

Ahmed, Newton, Bryant, Otton, and Puka all SHOULD create matchup problems against a defense. Fuller and Mcgrew are both serviceable in a offense, they just shouldn't be primary.

I think Fuller will actually be more productive without Baccallia. We won’t force the back to him as much and Puka is an actual deep threat that needs to be defended with help over the top. That leaves Fuller in one on ones and the middle of field open which is his strength.

Earlier this year, Fuller and Bryant were the only options used. Baccallia sucks and Otton doesn’t get used for some fucktarded reason.
    It is mind numbing as to why we make it so hard. Ottons catch rate had to be super high. Also, the dude runs to the sticks and drags or falls forward and gets first downs. He should be a focal point until the defense notices him and commits more of their scheme to him because Bryant draws a ton of attention in the intermediate routes.
    I’ve seen him get two throws that were 20+ yards down the field. Made an outstanding one handed catch vs BYU and had a great catch where he high pointed the ball vs Oregon. He also had a 15 yard post against USC with room to run and he dragged a guy 10 yards for a 30+ yard gain.

Pete never had a TE put up big numbers at Boise State. Hunter Bryant is more of a slot receiver. I don’t know why Pete’s offense doesn’t target the TE much. Otton is a good receiver and he has great hands. He’s not really fast but he’s a natural, smooth athlete. I agree that we should throw the ball to him more and maybe try throwing it to him downfield. Back shoulder routes up the seam against LB’s should be a staple that should be used every game.

I have no doubt that Dissly has improved a lot as a receiver in the NFL, but we only used him as an outlet at UW. He was wasted and Otton is going down that path too. There is more production readily available. He’s a sure fire NFL TE.
    Using a talented future NFL TE properly "is not for everybody/and those type of things." UW hasn't used TE's properly since Lambo or Rick.
    We used ASJ the right way and got him the ball. The offense sucked and I hated ASJ, but we didn’t misuse him.

My complaint is guys like Dissly, Otton, Sample, etc get stuck in blocking roles when they are good all around TE’s. Josh Perkins and Hunter Bryant are used differently because they play in the slot often. The in-line TE is mostly ignored.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    Emoterman said:

What do my eyes not see that these stats do???
    For a "high powered" program with an NFL first rounder throwing the rock ... the wr ranking is pretty mediocre ... and given the teams we've lost to it's an indictment of our coaching staff to do alot fucking better in managing the pass game (offensive line woes, running back depth and talent, infuriatingly playing midgets who cannot separate and an Offensive Coordinator/Head coach that can figure shit out)

We lost to #58 Stanford and #118 Cal. That means that we lost to two teams that on average can't throw worth shit.

So, we played either truly terrible football or they ran it down our throats and we couldn't stop it ... or both.

Either way it's a bad look.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    dnc said:
    Doesn’t mean he want to go, but still Pete is a fucktard for not playing Sirmon , especially when he was going to play Heaner
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Commissioner Larry Scott – The Rolling Stones

Kevin Sumlin, Arizona – Drake

Herm Edwards, Arizona State – Norman Brown

Justin Wilcox, Cal – Bruce Springsteen

Mel Tucker, Colorado – Jay-Z

Mario Cristobal, Oregon – Guns N’ Roses

Jonathan Smith, Oregon State – Eric Church

David Shaw, Stanford – Sade

Chip Kelly, UCLA – Mumford & Sons 

Clay Helton, USC – Ed Sheeran

Kyle Whittingham, Utah – The Rolling Stones

Chris Petersen, Washington – Creedence Clearwater Revival

Mike Leach, Washington State – Neil Young

@YellowSnow and @RaceBannon will make great Cuog fans.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Mike Leach, Washington State – Neil Young
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    I wonder what is one of Peterman's favorite CCR songs.
    Clay with the Ed Sheeran. I never expected anything less.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2019
    Petersen can’t get any gayer choosing CCR.

Helton choosing Ed Sheeran is pretty funny. Ed Sheeran isn’t bad but nobody under 30 should be choosing him.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Helton choosing Ed Sheeran is pretty funny. Ed Sheeran isn’t bad but nobody under 30 should be choosing him.

25*
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    The best part of that article is Les Miles picking 21 Savage

You seem like a basic bitch.