Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Pete is such a fucking loser. It is not for everyone. But it is a program like for scrubs Manu and bacellia
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    Houhusky said:

Something tells me Fuller is going to end the season on a big run with multiple 100+ yard games especially if Puka is on the other side. It will be too little, too late.

Puka outside - Fuller slot - Bryant - OL - Otton backside

Bryant or Ahmed should be motioned out when the defense shows man into the open side of the formation.

The offense sucking has been so disheartening because it clearly has the necessary tools to win one on one match-ups on the field while still threatening run if the players are used correctly.

Ahmed, Newton, Bryant, Otton, and Puka all SHOULD create matchup problems against a defense. Fuller and Mcgrew are both serviceable in a offense, they just shouldn't be primary.

I think Fuller will actually be more productive without Baccallia. We won’t force the back to him as much and Puka is an actual deep threat that needs to be defended with help over the top. That leaves Fuller in one on ones and the middle of field open which is his strength.

Earlier this year, Fuller and Bryant were the only options used. Baccallia sucks and Otton doesn’t get used for some fucktarded reason.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

Something tells me Fuller is going to end the season on a big run with multiple 100+ yard games especially if Puka is on the other side. It will be too little, too late.

Bryant or Ahmed should be motioned out when the defense shows man into the open side of the formation.

The offense sucking has been so disheartening because it clearly has the necessary tools to win one on one match-ups on the field while still threatening run if the players are used correctly.

Ahmed, Newton, Bryant, Otton, and Puka all SHOULD create matchup problems against a defense. Fuller and Mcgrew are both serviceable in a offense, they just shouldn't be primary.

I think Fuller will actually be more productive without Baccallia. We won’t force the back to him as much and Puka is an actual deep threat that needs to be defended with help over the top. That leaves Fuller in one on ones and the middle of field open which is his strength.

Earlier this year, Fuller and Bryant were the only options used. Baccallia sucks and Otton doesn’t get used for some fucktarded reason.
    It is mind numbing as to why we make it so hard. Ottons catch rate had to be super high. Also, the dude runs to the sticks and drags or falls forward and gets first downs. He should be a focal point until the defense notices him and commits more of their scheme to him because Bryant draws a ton of attention in the intermediate routes.
    I’ve seen him get two throws that were 20+ yards down the field. Made an outstanding one handed catch vs BYU and has a great catch where he high pointed the ball vs Oregon. He also had a 15 yard post against USC with room to run and he dragged a guy 10 yards for a 30+ yard gain.

Pete never had a TE put up big numbers at Boise State. Hunter Bryant is more of a slot receiver. I don’t know why Pete’s offense doesn’t target the TE much. Otton is a good receiver and he has great hands. He’s not really fast but he’s a natural, smooth athlete. I agree that we should throw the ball to him more and maybe try throwing it to him downfield.

I have no doubt that Dissly has improved a lot as a receiver in the NFL, but we only used him as an outlet at UW. He was wasted and Otton is going down that path too. There is more production readily available. He’s a sure fire NFL TE.
    bares repeteing: We?d need 200+ fewer passes to senior receivers per game to get the total targets & touches you feegs want.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Houhusky said:

It is mind numbing as to why we make it so hard. Ottons catch rate had to be super high. Also, the dude runs to the sticks and drags or falls forward and gets first downs. He should be a focal point until the defense notices him and commits more of their scheme to him because Bryant draws a ton of attention in the intermediate routes.
    I’ve seen him get two throws that were 20+ yards down the field. Made an outstanding one handed catch vs BYU and has a great catch where he high pointed the ball vs Oregon. He also had a 15 yard post against USC with room to run and he dragged a guy 10 yards for a 30+ yard gain.

Pete never had a TE put up big numbers at Boise State. Hunter Bryant is more of a slot receiver. I don’t know why Pete’s offense doesn’t target the TE much. Otton is a good receiver and he has great hands. He’s not really fast but he’s a natural, smooth athlete. I agree that we should throw the ball to him more and maybe try throwing it to him downfield.

I have no doubt that Dissly has improved a lot as a receiver in the NFL, but we only used him as an outlet at UW. He was wasted and Otton is going down that path too. There is more production readily available. He’s a sure fire NFL TE.
    bares repeteing: We?d need 200+ plays per game to get the total targets & touches you feegs want.
    Last year Rec:

IMO this year should have looked a lot more like:

instead fuller is on pace for almost 70+ catches, Baccellia has more receptions than Otton or Ahmed, and Puka has 7 catches 8 games into the season.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Houhusky said:

I’ve seen him get two throws that were 20+ yards down the field. Made an outstanding one handed catch vs BYU and had a great catch where he high pointed the ball vs Oregon. He also had a 15 yard post against USC with room to run and he dragged a guy 10 yards for a 30+ yard gain.

Pete never had a TE put up big numbers at Boise State. Hunter Bryant is more of a slot receiver. I don’t know why Pete’s offense doesn’t target the TE much. Otton is a good receiver and he has great hands. He’s not really fast but he’s a natural, smooth athlete. I agree that we should throw the ball to him more and maybe try throwing it to him downfield. Back shoulder routes up the seam against LB’s should be a staple that should be used every game.

Using a talented future NFL TE properly "is not for everybody/and those type of things." UW hasn't used TE's properly since Lambo or Rick.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Houhusky said:

Ty Jones?
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Houhusky said:

Ty Jones?
    Lol