Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Troy Franklin, 2021 5* WR, Menlo Park (Menlo-Artherton), CA (Offered 6/23)

Comments

• DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We had the good fortune of the tail end of the Emmert regime setting this program up to kill with the CP hire. Way to run him out assholes. CP’s no passion bitchout could be deepdikin this program for a longtime...then again Lakeshow could slay down the stretch, right?!?!
  • incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Mooser42 said:

So he’s taking his visits? Awfully warm for December....

my final prediction is LSU or Clemson at this point.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2020
    The recruiting effort this year is hot fucking garbage.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Didn't Petersen have the policy of players committed elsewhere have to decommitt before visiting? Suppose that will cancel out the chance of Franklin visiting unless Jimmy decides to be his own man. Guess that affects all the recruits Lake is hoping to flip. Absolutely insane policy if he goes that direction.
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Clemson has a policy where if you commit you can’t take other visits. That’s why Foreman de committed. You get to make those sort of rules though when your almost alway in contention for a national title.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    whuggy said:

Didn't Petersen have the policy of players committed elsewhere have to decommitt before visiting? Suppose that will cancel out the chance of Franklin visiting unless Jimmy decides to be his own man. Guess that affects all the recruits Lake is hoping to flip. Absolutely insane policy if he goes that direction.

No, that only applies to OUR recruits (see Jacobe Covington). Pete wouldn’t have given a fuck about Troy’s pledge to said pond dwellers.

whuggy said:

No, that only applies to OUR recruits (see Jacobe Covington). Pete wouldn’t have given a fuck about Troy’s pledge to said pond dwellers.
    I understand that our committed players were not allowed to visit others but was pretty sure we didn't allow visits of players committed to other schools. Might be wrong but would be interested in confirmation of this.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

I understand that our committed players were not allowed to visit others but was pretty sure we didn't allow visits of players committed to other schools. Might be wrong but would be interested in confirmation of this.
    The reason I don’t think that’s true is all the hate from ducks, et. al. about Pete being a hypocrite for this so called double standard.

I mean, if Mario’s gonna let Troy take his visits, why wouldn’t we bring him in?
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

The reason I don’t think that’s true is all the hate from ducks, et. al. about Pete being a hypocrite for this so called double standard.

I mean, if Mario’s gonna let Troy take his visits, why wouldn’t we bring him in?
    is troy taking visits? been avoiding reading about his commitment to the yucks as it hurts too much

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Exactly why Pete didn't do it I believe. I might be wrong on this so maybe someone can give me names of players we hosted on visits while committed to other schools.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

is troy taking visits? been avoiding reading about his commitment to the yucks as it hurts too much
    If things fully open back up, all these guys will be taking visits (including, most likely, some UW commits). There are twice as many commitments right now as there was this time last year and I would be 75-90% of those guys will be taking visits. These kids aren't going to sit on their hands the entire fall while the uncommitted kids are served with the finest steaks and choicest pieces of pussy during their final season in high school. That is...if things open back up.

A couple coaches, one from ND I believe, have even come out and said straight up "we're banking on there not being any on campus visits this recruiting cycle." It's not a bad strategy and I expect coaches who have stockpiled commits will lobby hard for no official visits out of concern for players' health.

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

If things fully open back up, all these guys will be taking visits (including, most likely, some UW commits). There are twice as many commitments right now as there was this time last year and I would be 75-90% of those guys will be taking visits. These kids aren't going to sit on their hands the entire fall while the uncommitted kids are served with the finest steaks and choicest pieces of pussy during their final season in high school. That is...if things open back up.

A couple coaches, one from ND I believe, have even come out and said straight up "we're banking on there not being any on campus visits this recruiting cycle." It's not a bad strategy and I expect coaches who have stockpiled commits will lobby hard for no official visits out of concern for players' health.
    I guess I'm not really being clear. I understand what Petersen's policy was on UW commits taking visits to other schools.
    What I'm not clear on are:
    1) Did Petersen allow visits TO UW for players committed to other programs? I don't think he did.
    2) Will Lake continue with the Petersen "committed" policy which if he does is us fucked?

Maybe Sonics can address this one.
    I guess I'm not really being clear. I understand what Petersen's policy was on UW commits taking visits to other schools.
    1) Did Petersen allow visits TO UW for players committed to other programs? I don't think he did.
    2) Will Lake continue with the Petersen "committed" policy which if he does is us fucked?

1)Of course he let kids from other programs come visit. Case in point wasn’t Williams committed to Oregon
    2) Lakes gotta get some commits worth other schools taking before he puts any sort of policy in place.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Who cares?

Shut up.

1)Of course he let kids from other programs come visit. Case in point wasn’t Williams committed to Oregon
    2) Lakes gotta get some commits worth other schools taking before he puts any sort of policy in place.

Williams decommitted from Oregon and visited 2 weeks later.
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    edited June 2020
    whuggy said:

what about tuli?

whuggy said:

what about tuli?

Good find. He's the only one I think so Pete would make the exception. Hopefully Lake will too.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Petersen's policy wasn't that he wouldn't recruit committed kids. It was that if a kid said he was committed and shut his recruitment down, the staff would move on. If a kid kept in contact, they would keep recruiting. If you're pumping drinks into skanks at closing time while your girlfriend's at home studying for finals, you don't really have a girlfriend.

We make fun of the recruits who say, "Respect my decision." Petersen was merely one of the few coaches who actually did so. If a player commits and then still takes visits, well, fuck, that's not a commitment, so come on down.

This is all strictly observational and taking statements from Petersen to their logical conclusion.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Petersen's policy wasn't that he wouldn't recruit committed kids. It was that if a kid said he was committed and shut his recruitment down, the staff would move on. If a kid kept in contact, they would keep recruiting. If you're pumping drinks into skanks at closing time while your girlfriend's at home studying for finals, you don't really have a girlfriend.

We make fun of the recruits who say, "Respect my decision." Petersen was merely one of the few coaches who actually did so. If a player commits and then still takes visits, well, fuck, that's not a commitment, so come on down.

This is all strictly observational and taking statements from Petersen to their logical conclusion.

This was my understanding as well. If the recruit said he was done shopping around Pete would leave them be. If the kid was still looking around he would continue to recruit them.
    edited June 2020