Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Franklin, 2021 5* WR, Menlo Park (Menlo-Artherton), CA (Offered 6/23)

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mooser42 said:

Or how about Ruth who stated a few weeks back that she was very confident that Troy was going to be a husky. Bet you she will say that Oregon used negative recruiting against Troy and pressured him to commit.

Seriously does UW have anything good going on? Or is this program the dead stick it appears to be?
    It's dead. Been saying for the last couple of months, it's going to be a very ugly summer. Just hope there's football in the fall, hope they allow official visits in the fall and that Jimmy doesn't shit the bed in the first four games. That's our last hope to salvage this class.
    Is it fair to lay the majority of the blame on the recruiting, particularly on the offensive side, on the WTF hire of John Donovan and how easy it is to negative recruit against that?
    Some of it yeah but fact is most of these guys can't recruit. Say whatever you want about Mario but the guy knows college football is all about recruiting and he assembled a staff reflecting that.
    But Junior has proven himself to be a good recruiter through 1.5 cycles. The fact that we got blown off by Troy and Emeka even with Sam in the boat leads me to believe it's purely cause of Donovan and his awful track record.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2020

Mooser42 said:

Or how about Ruth who stated a few weeks back that she was very confident that Troy was going to be a husky. Bet you she will say that Oregon used negative recruiting against Troy and pressured him to commit.

Seriously does UW have anything good going on? Or is this program the dead stick it appears to be?
    It's dead. Been saying for the last couple of months, it's going to be a very ugly summer. Just hope there's football in the fall, hope they allow official visits in the fall and that Jimmy doesn't shit the bed in the first four games. That's our last hope to salvage this class.
    Is it fair to lay the majority of the blame on the recruiting, particularly on the offensive side, on the WTF hire of John Donovan and how easy it is to negative recruit against that?
    Some of it yeah but fact is most of these guys can't recruit. Say whatever you want about Mario but the guy knows college football is all about recruiting and he assembled a staff reflecting that.
    But Junior has proven himself to be a good recruiter through 1.5 cycles. The fact that we got blown off by Troy and Emeka even with Sam in the boat leads me to believe it's purely cause of Donovan and his awful track record.
    For Troy, yeah that was a huge factor. I meant in general for all the recruiting misses Washington is having.
  • Options

Mooser42 said:

For Troy, yeah that was a huge factor. I meant in general for all the recruiting misses Washington is having.
    If our offense is decent (30ppg, Sirmon throws for 3000 yards/20 tds) and McMillan or Rome are solid contributors, do you think there's any chance Troy reconsiders?
  • Options

Mooser42 said:

If our offense is decent (30ppg, Sirmon throws for 3000 yards/20 tds) and McMillan or Rome are solid contributors, do you think there's any chance Troy reconsiders?
    Is there a chance sure but I'm not getting my hopes up. I have heard a lot of bad things about this staff from neutral people about how they are recruiting. Jimmy is basically screwed for the next two years if they guys can't coach
  • Options

Mooser42 said:

Is there a chance sure but I'm not getting my hopes up. I have heard a lot of bad things about this staff from neutral people about how they are recruiting. Jimmy is basically screwed for the next two years if they guys can't coach
    What are they doing differently from when Pete was here?
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    edited June 2020

You keep splitting the difference. You’ve been saying UW recruiting is dead but also said UW would finish second in the conference in recruiting.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I almost hate to ask, but how solid is Sam?
  • Options
    edited June 2020

I just said that to get Kim off my back. But i'm still holding out hope that they guys can coach and we will have a successful season which will lead these recruits back to us. And there are a couple of wildcards that could commit to us but until I see Jimmy close, I won't get my hopes up.
  • Options

98%
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

98%
    LOL! if we lost sam, the fan base will implode hahah

@sonics1993 can you speak in general of what this staff is doing wrong? Im reading a couple reports from 247 where recruits say they speak to their positional or area recruiter but not so much Jimmy. Is he not taking recruiting as seriously as he should? Is the message not being sold correctly? Did jimmy know hiring j donovan would be used against him like everyone thought?
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

98%
    LOL! if we lost sam, the fan base will implode hahah

@sonics1993 can you speak in general of what this staff is doing wrong? Im reading a couple reports from 247 where recruits say they speak to their positional or area recruiter but not so much Jimmy. Is he not taking recruiting as seriously as he should? Is the message not being sold correctly? Did jimmy know hiring j donovan would be used against him like everyone thought?
    I think he underestimated how badly Donovan would be received. Donovan's name is absolutely being killed right now and it's working because the guy can't recruit. It this offense does well the first four weeks, a lot of that negativity will be put to bed and you will see a lot of recruits give Washington a second chance but if he fails then it's going to be a disaster.
    can you speak on why jimmy lake is so bullish on J donovan? i just dont understand why lake would be so willing to put his rep on the line for a guy with such a bad track record