Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Franklin, 2021 5* WR, Menlo Park (Menlo-Artherton), CA (Offered 6/23)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Mooser42 said:

The 2 years Jimmy is coach is going to set this program back to 2008

Be careful, this could be seen as a racist comment these days
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

The only thing that has me holding out any sort of hope after Troy commits to the Ducks is that Junior Adams can actually recruit.

The only real chance is another sleepover at Sam's house.

Fuck COVID with a rusty cheese grater.
    Not really COVID's fault. Oregon is under the same restrictions. This all falls on Lake and his shitty hires/decisions in the off-season. Can't really tell until the class is signed but he had a fair shot in elevating UW Football this year through recruiting but he is shitting the bed
    Oh I'm not giving the coaches a pass. That doesn't change the fact COVID has neutralized ISHIT who would have been able to cover over some of the staff's incompetence without said pandemic.
  • Options
    Mooser42 said:

Yeah it won't be that bad. Set us back to 2003 I could see.
  • Options

You all should consider killing yourselves

Lead by example.
    I read "lead by example" like what bullets are made of.

Which also works.
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Mooser42 said:

Was 2003 the 1-11 year or was that 2004?
  • Options
    Mooser42 said:

dnc said:

Mooser42 said:

Was 2003 the 1-11 year or was that 2004?

03 was the famous 12-0 special year that never happened.

6-6
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

The only thing that has me holding out any sort of hope after Troy commits to the Ducks is that Junior Adams can actually recruit.

As there any possible protest angle to recruiting? Social justice through youth student-athlete organizing?
    dnc said:

You all should consider killing yourselves

Lead by example.
    I read "lead by example" like what bullets are made of.

Which also works.
    Shaking & about to vomit
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Not really COVID's fault. Oregon is under the same restrictions. This all falls on Lake and his shitty hires/decisions in the off-season. Can't really tell until the class is signed but he had a fair shot in elevating UW Football this year through recruiting but he is shitting the bed
    Oh I'm not giving the coaches a pass. That doesn't change the fact COVID has neutralized ISHIT who would have been able to cover over some of the staff's incompetence without said pandemic.
    Best line in Moneyball... ADAPT OR DIE!

If Lake wasn't so stubborn/loyal/stupid and hired some guys with proven records we would not be in this shithole. Instead he decided to hire a green TE coach, an assistant db coach that hasn't done much, and an assistant rb coach with a terrible track record as an oc all the while keeping two of the worst recruiters/coaches on the staff while also extending their contracts.

i just understand the logic or thinking behind this. Yes, no one could have predicted COVID but this is the staff you are going to go with? Lake was here when Pete brought in his first staff and had to make changes. Dumbfounded Lake didn't learn anything from that.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Best line in Moneyball... ADAPT OR DIE!

If Lake wasn't so stubborn/loyal/stupid and hired some guys with proven records we would not be in this shithole. Instead he decided to hire a green TE coach, an assistant db coach that hasn't done much, and an assistant rb coach with a terrible track record as an oc all the while keeping two of the worst recruiters/coaches on the staff while also extending their contracts.

i just understand the logic or thinking behind this. Yes, no one could have predicted COVID but this is the staff you are going to go with? Lake was here when Pete brought in his first staff and had to make changes. Dumbfounded Lake didn't learn anything from that.
    I was anti Lake hire from the start so you won’t get any disagreement from me here.
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Apparently Friday everyone is going to Oregon and we can fire Lake
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,462
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Petersen sounds like a bitch
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Ballz_Mom said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Jimmy Lake wasn't ready for this. Donovan, Cato, Gregory......my god

This is what happens when you hire a guy who's been a coordinator for three minutes and all those while having his hand held by one of the best coordinators in the country.

It's not really Jimmy's fault he's in over his head.
    Get ready for black Helfrich
    I'll take black Helfrich if we get a natty appearance, a rose bowl blowout win, heisman QB etc out of it

who cares, nothing matters anymore

UW Football recent history:

- Rapp sits out Rose Bowl
    - Pete realizes he doesn't give a shit anymore while at the Rose Bowl
    - Pete completely phones in 2019, letting antiquated assistants fester and OKs horrifying personnel decisions that directly lead to losses
    - Team is a massive disappointment, haunted by a player on Cal they didn't offer, choking to easily beatable teams, etc etc
    - Eason sucked
    - Ahmed underwhelmed/was poorly used
    - Pete actually quits
    - Jimmy Lake is hired without nay an interview.
    - Lake hires a Tier 4 NFL franchise secretarial assistant to the runnings backs coach to BE HIS FUCKING OC lmao. The ink is dry on how much of a bust this dude is
    - Lake can't recruit or close with the big boys
    - Huard reopens commitment
    - Lose a close, winnable game vs scUM in an empty Husky stadium. Dawgman idiots start the 'you can't bash him in year 1 card'

Who knows what will happen next, but it feels like the mummer's farce is up. We're back to LambrSark purgatory.
    I dont read these bored much. But I know you do. Your comment suggests you guys are in the dark about what happened to Pete.

Some of the long time mega boosters are now blue hairs. Their sons in their 50s are taking over both the fortunes and the boosting.

A few of them squeezed Petersen last summer when it became apparent he was going to name Haener the starter. Apparently they came at him pretty hard.

Petersen relented but felt violated. He never got over it.

That's why he got more stubborn about some shit (starting the try hards over talent) and looked like he hated his job every game on the sidelines. It is why he quit.

I wish I knew why Jimmy gave Bob a raise and extension. Maybe those same boosters need to have a talk with Jimmy.

I heard something similar from a BSU booster friend, said rumor in Boise is we basically broke Pete and forced him out.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    It’s looking like Jimmy kept/hired “yes” men. A sign of an insecure leader.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    It’s looking like Jimmy kept/hired “yes” men. A sign of an insecure leader.

An insecure leader also listens to booster who tell him who to start

Both can be true
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    Ballz_Mom said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Jimmy Lake wasn't ready for this. Donovan, Cato, Gregory......my god

This is what happens when you hire a guy who's been a coordinator for three minutes and all those while having his hand held by one of the best coordinators in the country.

It's not really Jimmy's fault he's in over his head.
    Get ready for black Helfrich
    I'll take black Helfrich if we get a natty appearance, a rose bowl blowout win, heisman QB etc out of it

who cares, nothing matters anymore

UW Football recent history:

- Rapp sits out Rose Bowl
    - Pete realizes he doesn't give a shit anymore while at the Rose Bowl
    - Pete completely phones in 2019, letting antiquated assistants fester and OKs horrifying personnel decisions that directly lead to losses
    - Team is a massive disappointment, haunted by a player on Cal they didn't offer, choking to easily beatable teams, etc etc
    - Eason sucked
    - Ahmed underwhelmed/was poorly used
    - Pete actually quits
    - Jimmy Lake is hired without nay an interview.
    - Lake hires a Tier 4 NFL franchise secretarial assistant to the runnings backs coach to BE HIS FUCKING OC lmao. The ink is dry on how much of a bust this dude is
    - Lake can't recruit or close with the big boys
    - Huard reopens commitment
    - Lose a close, winnable game vs scUM in an empty Husky stadium. Dawgman idiots start the 'you can't bash him in year 1 card'

Who knows what will happen next, but it feels like the mummer's farce is up. We're back to LambrSark purgatory.
    I dont read these bored much. But I know you do. Your comment suggests you guys are in the dark about what happened to Pete.

Some of the long time mega boosters are now blue hairs. Their sons in their 50s are taking over both the fortunes and the boosting.

A few of them squeezed Petersen last summer when it became apparent he was going to name Haener the starter. Apparently they came at him pretty hard.

Petersen relented but felt violated. He never got over it.

That's why he got more stubborn about some shit (starting the try hards over talent) and looked like he hated his job every game on the sidelines. It is why he quit.

I wish I knew why Jimmy gave Bob a raise and extension. Maybe those same boosters need to have a talk with Jimmy.
    If this is even remotely true, the funny part is Pete STILL started and played try hards at all the WR positions and Manu over Ngata (oh weird, couch sale), etc.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,950
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020

JFC. Jimmy hasn't even had a gottdam PRACTICE yet. This place, man. I must be new.

You keep getting this place confused with doogman. It’s ok Joey.
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Apparently Friday everyone is going to Oregon and we can fire Lake