Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2019 Recruiting Class Wrap Up Part One: Offense

2»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I think Curne is a G

I feel with his skill set he could definitely play center too. If you don’t think he has a shot at center, then Luciano has no competition come 2020 once you look at the depth chart unless you believe in norgaard figuring it out and I don’t believe that will be the case.
    Norgaard has been a disappointment to me

I suspect Luciano was brought in to win that spot because they had a miss previously

Could Curne play C ... possibly. He’ll be an interesting one to watch in the Spring.
    in terms of snapping? or just doesn't move well?

give details you fuck, how is it that you the ability post novels on useless info, but very brief on something interesting
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I think Curne is a G

I feel with his skill set he could definitely play center too. If you don’t think he has a shot at center, then Luciano has no competition come 2020 once you look at the depth chart unless you believe in norgaard figuring it out and I don’t believe that will be the case.

I suspect Luciano was brought in to win that spot because they had a miss previously

Could Curne play C ... possibly. He’ll be an interesting one to watch in the Spring.
    All I'm saying is, if Luciano is our only possible center option in 2020, then there's a big problem there. He's coming in as a 3rd year player who's 270 pounds. Someone should be pushing him at the very least, and Curne just has the body type where he'd fit there. There's obviously a mental part to center too, so obviously it's a wait-and-see regardless.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I think Curne is a G

in terms of snapping? or just doesn't move well?

give details you fuck, how is it that you the ability post novels on useless info, but very brief on something interesting
    I've never seen him have the ability to consistently do anything other than roll the ball back from center ...

On top of that, he doesn't come off as looking like anything particularly special as an athlete in terms of size, speed, strength, etc.

He'll be an interesting one to keep an eye on come Spring to see if there's anything that suggests that he'll ever be able to work his way into a rotation.

I suspect that he's a guy that we could see transfer at some point to a Big Sky, etc. type of program to at some point get on the field and play. I just don't think it'll ever happen at UW.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I think Curne is a G

All I'm saying is, if Luciano is our only possible center option in 2020, then there's a big problem there. He's coming in as a 3rd year player who's 270 pounds. Someone should be pushing him at the very least, and Curne just has the body type where he'd fit there. There's obviously a mental part to center too, so obviously it's a wait-and-see regardless.
    I don't want a C to be massive because I do think having some kind of mobility is really important there. It wouldn't shock me to see Luciano get up to 285-290 by the time the 2020 season starts.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I think Curne is a G

I don't want a C to be massive because I do think having some kind of mobility is really important there. It wouldn't shock me to see Luciano get up to 285-290 by the time the 2020 season starts.
    I definitely agree with you there as far as mobility goes. I don't have any preference between the two, I just think those will be the 2 in consideration. Will be interesting to see what weight Curne will come in at in spring too. He might be among the few to lose weight.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I think Curne is a G

Luciano weighed 270 on his visit and is currently enrolled so adding 20 or so pounds isn't out of the question.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I think Curne is a G

If Luciano is our only option, by definition we are Lucky to have him.

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    TTJ said:

Let’s tell it like it is:

QB: C
    RB: C
    WR: F
    TE: F
    OL: A

Post-Puka, I will grade-inflate the WR group to a C.

On defense, I have every position group as an A.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    TTJ said:

TTJ said:

Let’s tell it like it is:

QB: C
    RB: C
    WR: F
    TE: F
    OL: A

Post-Puka, I will grade-inflate the WR group to a C.

On defense, I have every position group as an A.
    I think you're a grade low on RB an on WR (which are both Bs for me).

Otherwise I'm good with it.