Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Good Starter Watch - High End

2»

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:
    I didn't read the article but I wonder who will go all in for Patek, Richemont or Swatch? Patek is one of the last totally vertically integrated shops out there. In another 20 years there will be Richemont family watches, Swatch family watches, and Rolex/Tudor.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The fuck is

GMT
    ETA
    and any other acronyms

Here is an article on what ETA is if anyone actually cares.

https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/eta-watch-movement/

GMT is simply Greenwich Mean Time, and means the watch has a normal three hand movement, but also a fourth hand that can be set on whatever time zone you are in. In short, it's a watch that tells time in two time zones. International travelers and pilots love them. You can see, at a glance, the time where you took off, and the time where you are. Originally developed for military pilots (half the shit in high end watches were originally developed for military applications) so they could quickly do timing calculation in the cockpit.
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,887
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

The fuck is

GMT
    ETA
    and any other acronyms

Here is an article on what ETA is if anyone actually cares.

https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/eta-watch-movement/

GMT is simply Greenwich Mean Time, and means the watch has a normal three hand movement, but also a fourth hand that can be set on whatever time zone you are in. In short, it's a watch that tells time in two time zones. International travelers and pilots love them. You can see, at a glance, the time where you took off, and the time where you are. Originally developed for military pilots (half the shit in high end watches were originally developed for military applications) so they could quickly do timing calculation in the cockpit.
    Gentleman’s Gazette is your source?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    Swaye said:

pawz said:

Swaye said:

89ute said:

Swaye said:

LebamDawg said:

JFC there's two of these damn threads

You sound pour.
    I need me one of those bug killin' jerbs.
    Orkin pays like shit. I steal and rob a lot.
    I think you just got a new jerb.

Selling watches.

And fuck you for disparaging Tag. I bought this years ago and still wear it.

To be fair, I did put in a disclaimer that they do make some nice watches. I like the Autavia Caliber quite a bit. Nice chrono. And some of their vintage Monaco's are tits, provided you like a square faced watch. But, they are sold in mall department stores. Basically Tag has two lines, one for high end, and then one for moderate priced watches you find in department stores. That's a good thing. Not everyone can or should drop 5K + on a damn watch.

Cool Kirium btw.
    They've got that heritage line that looks like the old huers and it's pretty hot.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    Swaye said:

pawz said:
    I didn't read the article but I wonder who will go all in for Patek, Richemont or Swatch? Patek is one of the last totally vertically integrated shops out there. In another 20 years there will be Richemont family watches, Swatch family watches, and Rolex/Tudor.
    Rolex would be cooler if they gave up on being luxury watches for the 50+ crowd and focused on what they were before bond. Bad ass bulletproof tool watches
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

pawz said:
    Rolex would be cooler if they gave up on being luxury watches for the 50+ crowd and focused on what they were before bond. Bad ass bulletproof tool watches
    They would be cooler if they brought their prices down 20%.