Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rome Odunze, 2020 4* WR, Las Vegas (Bishop Gorman), NV (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    JnewbludJnewblud Member Posts: 36
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    FirePete said:

Jnewblud said:

Too much obsession with big WR’s. Most bit WR’s aren’t quick and are awkward. Guys who are 6’3” or taller that are great athletes are typically playing hoops. The ones who suck at basketball play football. For every Dwayne Jarret, there are 5 Braden Dickey’s.

Get open and catch the ball. Those players come in a variety of sizes. Obviously it’s better when they are big, but it’s rare.

Both McMillan and Odunze are 6'2"-6'3" with 10.6 or greater track speed and over 1000 yard seasons. Odunze posted a 4.0 on his shuttle. They are both already at NFL WR speed and quickness while still in highschool.

They are both better athletes than above average highschool basketballers who play guard. Sometimes high school coaches allow a player one primary sport, plus track.

Maybe the Huskies can pull their offers to these guys, start over, and go find some slow midgets.

Who do you recommend they go get?

ballz is that you my nega??? this is a fuck tarted take
    What's your take fucktard?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019
    Jnewblud said:

If you think you are redshirting or bench riding dudes with two dozen or more division-1 offers with a dozen or more of those offers in the top 25 then you are delusional. That is like trying to hold on to a perfect 10 on a janitor's budget.

dude i am with you that pete needs to play his best players, but he has not done that in years. so why would he change
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    FirePete said:

Jnewblud said:

If you think you are redshirting or bench riding dudes with two dozen or more division-1 offers with a dozen or more of those offers in the top 25 then you are delusional. That is like trying to hold on to a perfect 10 on a janitor's budget.

dude i am with you that pete needs to play his best players, but he has not done that in years. so why would he change
    Adapt and quickly. McMillan has 25 division-1 offers. Odunze has 33 division-1 offers. Both these dudes have offers to Alabama, Sooners, and Notre Dame (etc.)

When was the last time Pete landed that type of WR talent?

Fives and sixes are easier to keep and maintain than nines and perfect tens. Nines and perfect tens have more options, and less patience.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Jnewblud said:

We redshirted the entire 2018 class, its not that big of a deal. Guys who are super worried about playing as freshmen probably aren't committing to UW in the first place, our pitch is basically the opposite of that.
    Which enrollees in the 2018 class had 25 or more offers?

How do "you" know what they pitched to McMillan and Odunze?

The expectation of playing (early) for these types of players at UW is going to be greater than it would be for them at Alabama, Sooners, Notre Dame and Ohio State.

You would have a greater expectation of being redshirted and benched at Alabama, Sooners, Notre Dame and Ohio State than at UW.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Jnewblud said:

Have you not seen how they rotate freshmen at wr at uw? Reggie Williams himself would not get on the field.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FirePete said:

Jnewblud said:

Peterman has shown the ability to change ... slowly ...

He needs to keep on doing ... and re-evaluate his overplay of seniority and experience versus how it translates on the field, especially when it's obvious. At least that's how we see it.

Situation is that the team keeps on levelling up everywhere then it will mask his propensities. Ie: offensive lines gets better, run game and pass pro gets better, allows our quarterback to make the right decisions and our running backs to shred the defenses and all that shit.

Problem is that with imbalances currently on the team in terms of talent and skill - Peterman's decision-making process is left out to dry when his decisions don't pan out.

Ie: waiting for paopao to recruit better, keeping Gregory on staff and allowing the linebacker room to be blown up, miscalculating the QB room competition situation and so forth.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Jnewblud said:

We redshirted the entire 2018 class, its not that big of a deal. Guys who are super worried about playing as freshmen probably aren't committing to UW in the first place, our pitch is basically the opposite of that.
    Inclined to believe they told McMillan and Odunze that they would start as freshman; otherwise I believe both McMillan and Odunze would be Sooners right now (or at Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State - or some consistant top 10 power program that offered these two, strong play-off contenders where freshman are expected to redshirt).

Kids who only have 8-12 offers from middling division-1's or low top 25s commit to UW without worrying about freshman play (or being redshirted), not kids with 25 and 33 offers with half the AP top 25 offering and recruiting them including Alabama, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Georgia, Michigan etc (like McMillan and Odunze).

McMillan and Odunze have too many more coveted elite options to try to fuck around with them like that, or to treat them like JAGs. If McMillan and Odunze don't play their freshman years then it will negatively impact the recruitment of highly recruited players in the near and distant future, unless UW makes it to the college playoffs and demonstrates they are at Alabama's, Oklahoma's, Ohio State's, Notre Dame's and Georgia's level.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Jnewblud said:

Have you not seen how they rotate freshmen at wr at uw? Reggie Williams himself would not get on the field.
    For its own good, UW better rapidly adapt, especially when it gets ahold of ballers with 25 and 33 offers. Otherwise, acquiring that kind of talent and holding on to it will be short-lived.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Jnewblud said:

Jnewblud said:

For its own good, UW better rapidly adapt, especially when it gets ahold of ballers with 25 and 33 offers. Otherwise, acquiring that kind of talent and holding on to it will be short-lived.
    How many tims do you need to repeat the same retarded haught take? Everyone got it the first three tims just no one is buying what you are selling. It's a good tim to LEAVE!
    Not "selling". I am warning!

• Options
    edited September 2019

Too much obsession with big WR’s. Most bit WR’s aren’t quick and are awkward. Guys who are 6’3” or taller that are great athletes are typically playing hoops. The ones who suck at basketball play football. For every Dwayne Jarret, there are 5 Braden Dickey’s.

Get open and catch the ball. Those players come in a variety of sizes. Obviously it’s better when they are big, but it’s rare.

You wrote all that to make the "point" that McMillan and Odunze "are good".

Cool.👍
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Ballz my nega, was hoping you were busy playing in traffic in tac town
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2019
    We are graduating the WRs Pete seems married too (Fuller and Operaboy)...there will be plenty of reps next year for McMillan and Odunze. Hell...Puka is likely to be the only one with meaningful production coming back and they are almost trying to minimize that.

If they can’t beat out Chin and Spiker (who seems to be slow on the development) they aren’t the receivers we thought they were.

I’m more interested to see who they put in the slot next year...Lowe will play but I doubt he will start. I’m wondering if it won’t be either Bynum or Osborne.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Pardon me while I doog GIF for a moment but I think by the end of the year Puka will be option 2 behind HB. That alone will be enough to put aside fears of highly talented freshman not making an impact for the Huskies. As he earns his way more and more onto the field Eason will give him 50/50 balls and PN will win most with his incredible ball skills. I just have a good feeling on this. Kinda like when I got married, so Puka will probably gain a bunch of weight and then start hating himself until Eason wants to die.

You're signed in to the wrong account @dirtysouwfdawg
  • Options

We are graduating the WRs Pete seems married too (Fuller and Operaboy)...there will be plenty of reps next year for McMillan and Odunze. Hell...Puka is likely to be the only one with meaningful production coming back and they are almost trying to minimize that.

If they can’t beat out Chin and Spiker (who seems to be slow on the development) they aren’t the receivers we thought they were.

I’m more interested to see who they put in the slot next year...Lowe will play but I doubt he will start. I’m wondering if it won’t be either Bynum or Osborne .

A realistic opportunity to compete and contribute in games freshman year should be sufficient.