Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julien Simon, 4* 2021 ATH, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 6/22)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I’d be shocked at 11-1

9 wins would be my current guess ... big questions about the offense

It was sarcasm.

You apologized for all the program’s shortcomings throughout Sark and Petersen years 1-3 then you got tough in 2016.

So if you are calling for a bottoming out so the program can make wholesale changes then we must be on track for a good year.
    WRONG

I was heavy on the fire Sark bandwagon as it became materially obvious that he was going to be wholly mediocre ... will give him credit at bringing the program to upper mediocrity levels but the time for a change was clear

There was a lot right with what Petersen did and that not only showed in 2016 and in recent recruiting classes. There have been a lot of concerning with headwinds in recruiting that have been discussed as part of TSIO pods for a while. While we’ve been successful in expanding our reach, the big negative is that we are losing all momentum in state.

After the 2019 Rose Bowl there was a watershed moment for the program in Pete in addressing the changes needed both offensively and in recruiting. We learned in 2019 Pete lost the fire and the offense went tits up. Recruiting was largely salvaged ... so that was good.

Jimmy is getting a rude awakening on the recruiting trail right now and is getting his shit pushed in. There are a ton of cracks right now and quite frankly I don’t see many on staff capable of helping Jimmy in plugging the leaks. That should be full on alarming to any Husky fan.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Let me play devil’s advocate here:

Thomas Ford is on the UW coaching staff and is probably an assistant in waiting to replace KB, who is only still here because Jen wouldn’t approve the buyouts.

UW’s relationship with FSP isn’t any different. They’re hyping up their guy who committed to a big name school. They aren’t going to be pushing kids away from UW

Tracy Ford is literally saying UW might be fucked because they botched the recruitment of Gee Scott and now missed on Simon. Hard to think the relationship has changed even if it isn’t quite as bad as it seems.
  • Options
    I have very mixed feelings on Tracy Ford ... but Tracy Ford isn’t a guy you want to piss off

And let’s be clear ... we hired Thomas Ford to help repair the relationship with FSP
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    It's over. We have 2-3 years max where we could do something. After that hello 6-6 every year!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

Thomas Ford is on the UW coaching staff and is probably an assistant in waiting to replace KB, who is only still here because Jen wouldn’t approve the buyouts.

UW’s relationship with FSP isn’t any different. They’re hyping up their guy who committed to a big name school. They aren’t going to be pushing kids away from UW

Tracy Ford is literally saying UW might be fucked because they botched the recruitment of Gee Scott and now missed on Simon. Hard to think the relationship has changed even if it isn’t quite as bad as it seems.
    To me the quote sounds like Tracy trying to strong arm UW into offering a bunch of wild card FSP kids early who might not turn into Pac12 material.

Tracy’s goal is to be able to sell to parents “come have your kid train at FSP and you’ll get a UW offer”. The elite prospects are a gateway to him getting so many more athletes training there
    Bingo
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2020
    Whose ass do I gotta lick to ensure Bob Gregory gets a terminal case of Corona?

Grinolds? Eklund? Jen? Spread em, you disgusting pigs.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

Domicillo said:

NEsnake12 said:

I have yet to understand what personnel decisions have Pete or Jimmy made in the past 18 months that give so many people the confidence that Timu and Ford were brought on to be future replacements for KB & Gregory. If they did have that level of foresight and it’s only been due to the AD that they haven’t been able to act on it, where has that foresight been in regards to recruiting practices or playing time decisions or other coaching hires (Cato, Donovan, Brown)?

I’d love to believe that Jimmy has these two guys ready to take over, but I don’t see the evidence anywhere to support that level of confidence.

Also if we’re sure these guys are going to be so valuable in turning these positions around in the future, what stops an Oregon or USC from hiring them off your staff before you can even make the change?
    blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda

All those words to say pretty much nothing
  • Options
    Said simpler for you idiots ...

We have basically a very green sales staff and we’re sending them out to compete against the best of the best sales teams
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    What it says is the UW coaching staff for the most part doesn't belong in the positions they are in. Jimmy fucked up and is in way over his head. If this class is salvaged it will be a miracle
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

What it says is the UW coaching staff for the most part doesn't belong in the positions they are in. Jimmy fucked up and is in way over his head. If this class is salvaged it will be a miracle

And he go 0 help from the AD. Zip. Zero. Zilch.
  • Options

And he go 0 help from the AD. Zip. Zero. Zilch.
    Because the AD is in over their head as well
  • Options
    betadawgbetadawg Member Posts: 30
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The stuff from Oregon people, people I pay apparently, about USC: unless Clay Helton has a top-15 year he’s gone and their class will implode. Lots of guys are soft commits, wanting to take visits and are far from locks.

No USC commit should be considered a done deal yet.

Those Oregon people do not know shit. I probably pay for the same stuff you do. Just wishful thinking by Oregon when they are getting spanked by USC in recruiting this year along with Washington.