Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julien Simon, 4* 2021 ATH, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 6/22)

Comments

• Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @Quietcowskee makes a great point. I bet he's staying home.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If he commits to us we stole a player from USC (and we'll pretend that still means something). A guy who's an absolute man child and will be our next Azeem.

If he goes to USC we obviously DWHA and he's another topped out Joel Dublanko.

Check out the crystal brain on this one.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,958
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If he commits to us we stole a player from USC (and we'll pretend that still means something). A guy who's an absolute man child and will be our next Azeem.

If he goes to USC we obviously DWHA and he's another topped out Joel Dublanko.

Stealing a guy from u$c this yr looks a little rosier then last yr.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    This idea that he won't be leaving home is horse shit. Is mom is probably extremely proud that he is getting a full ride to the University of Southern California.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Fact that we’re less than 4 hours from his commitment announcement and there’s essentially no buzz ... positive sign
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,958
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I believe there’s no buzz because everybody already knows where he’s going. Hope to be wrong but it’s supposedly a forgone conclusion teq
  • Options
    I have ZERO expectation that he’s going to UW

I can understand those questioning him as a player, etc

But showing indifference and lack of interest in a highly rated local player who chooses a school with a better name/prestige is BAD OPTICS

If you pass on a guy like Simon, you damn well better get a higher end player to defend yourself against those optics

If you are going to be successful dominating your in-state recruiting, you may have to take someone that you aren’t as high on to make sure you get the ones you have to get

I’m really having a hard time figuring out if I am hoping that we find a way to salvage this class or to have it completely tank and bottom out. Fundamental changes are needed ... it’s becoming very clear.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    Tequilla said:

I have ZERO expectation that he’s going to UW

I can understand those questioning him as a player, etc

But showing indifference and lack of interest in a highly rated local player who chooses a school with a better name/prestige is BAD OPTICS

If you pass on a guy like Simon, you damn well better get a higher end player to defend yourself against those optics

If you are going to be successful dominating your in-state recruiting, you may have to take someone that you aren’t as high on to make sure you get the ones you have to get

I’m really having a hard time figuring out if I am hoping that we find a way to salvage this class or to have it completely tank and bottom out. Fundamental changes are needed ... it’s becoming very clear.

The bottom is in. Going 11-1 this year.
  • Options
    I’d be shocked at 11-1

9 wins would be my current guess ... big questions about the offense
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Awfully warm out for february
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,018
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The tough part is this is a small class as is and the numbers at ILB are going to be high already. You’d essentially be counting on Tafisi and/or other LBs to transfer to make the numbers manageable. And it might be at the cost of taking a recruit at a position of higher need. This is with the caveat that we’re taking Ho’ohuli obviously.
  • Options
    Is Ho’ohuli that much better than Simon to take all the opportunity costs and risks associated with that strategy?