Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julien Simon, 4* 2021 ATH, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 6/22)

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,453
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

His aging is accelerating

I’m biased against him for sure, but this guy is not getting any better physically. That doesn’t matter if all he needs to get in college is the mental aspect, but it’s hard to ignore. Could take him or leave him.
    Might as well take him and see how he does against the other recruits
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    NEsnake12 said:

FireCohen said:

I’m biased against him for sure, but this guy is not getting any better physically. That doesn’t matter if all he needs to get in college is the mental aspect, but it’s hard to ignore. Could take him or leave him.
    With Keith Brown off the bored, the only other realistic target better than Simon is Ethan Calvert. Need to stack depth at that position until we actually get good players
    Wynden is probably right there with him, but I agree he's an important get.
  • Options
    I also wonder if based on Jimmy's comments about wanting to be physical if he takes a look at Simon at RB.
  • Options
    DawgsRusDawgsRus Member Posts: 40
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Do we really believe that Simon has a committable Offer from LSU? I don’t see any world were LSU is taking this kid early, especially after the NC. if they miss on ever other commit okay. But no way
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DawgsRus said:

Do we really believe that Simon has a committable Offer from LSU? I don’t see any world were LSU is taking this kid early, especially after the NC. if they miss on ever other commit okay. But no way

I doubt it and think he will drop down the rankings until he goes to college. Kind of reminds me of DJ Rodgers. Don’t think he will end up at a big school other than UW.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

Might as well take him and see how he does against the youngsters
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Speaking of physically imposing prospects, Top247 2021 athlete Julien Simon is a menacing looking safety/linebacker hybrid that had an interception and a couple pass breakups. Washington, UCLA, Stanford and Oregon are all in this one and he has an upcoming visit to LSU where he’s hoping the defending National Champs offer.
  • Options
    dnc said:

I also wonder if based on Jimmy's comments about wanting to be physical if he takes a look at Simon at RB.

First, right
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,959
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

https://theathletic.com/team/washington-huskies-college-football/

He said UW’s initial focus was on linebacker, and that inside linebackers coach Bob Gregory and coach Jimmy Lake still are his primary recruiters. But he’s been hearing more from running backs coach Keith Bhonapha, too.

“At first, it was just linebacker,” Simon said. “But they kind of moved into the realm of, ‘We think you’re a really good player, so we just want to get you on the field.’ If that’s linebacker or running back, it doesn’t really matter. That’s what I appreciate and like the most because right now, I’m not really sure what I want to do.”

LaShonte said the family attended UW’s in-state recruiting day in January and that she’s been in regular contact with Lake and Gregory. Petersen’s resignation took Julien by surprise, but he said he was relieved to hear Lake was taking over. “They don’t have to learn a completely new system,” he said. “Defense-wise, I think they’re going to be just fine. I just wanted to see what was going to happen on offense because of the coaching changes and OC.”

That’s similar to the culture Lake is trying to establish at UW, particularly among the 2021 class. Whether Simon signs up for that vision remains to be seen. But it sure seems the Huskies are in good shape.

“We’ve been watching this boy in all his endeavors in sports since he could walk,” LaShonte said. “To be able to continue this journey with him would be amazing. He’s built so much within the community. … To be able to have him and these kids at home representing Washington would be amazing for us.

“At the end of the day, he’s going to make the best decision for him in all aspects — sports, whatever he wants to do after football. Being from Washington and born and raised here, it definitely does mean something a little bit different.”

It sounds like she’s eluding to different. Unfortunately not the elusive different different.
  • Options

Beno4Life said:

He said UW’s initial focus was on linebacker, and that inside linebackers coach Bob Gregory and coach Jimmy Lake still are his primary recruiters. But he’s been hearing more from running backs coach Keith Bhonapha, too.

“At first, it was just linebacker,” Simon said. “But they kind of moved into the realm of, ‘We think you’re a really good player, so we just want to get you on the field.’ If that’s linebacker or running back, it doesn’t really matter. That’s what I appreciate and like the most because right now, I’m not really sure what I want to do.”

LaShonte said the family attended UW’s in-state recruiting day in January and that she’s been in regular contact with Lake and Gregory. Petersen’s resignation took Julien by surprise, but he said he was relieved to hear Lake was taking over. “They don’t have to learn a completely new system,” he said. “Defense-wise, I think they’re going to be just fine. I just wanted to see what was going to happen on offense because of the coaching changes and OC.”

That’s similar to the culture Lake is trying to establish at UW, particularly among the 2021 class. Whether Simon signs up for that vision remains to be seen. But it sure seems the Huskies are in good shape.

“We’ve been watching this boy in all his endeavors in sports since he could walk,” LaShonte said. “To be able to continue this journey with him would be amazing. He’s built so much within the community. … To be able to have him and these kids at home representing Washington would be amazing for us.

“At the end of the day, he’s going to make the best decision for him in all aspects — sports, whatever he wants to do after football. Being from Washington and born and raised here, it definitely does mean something a little bit different.”

It sounds like she’s eluding to different. Unfortunately not the elusive different different.
    He*
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

He*
    He* who? LaShone is being quoted.
  • Options
    Meek said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

He*
    You're right, I misread this paragraph and thought LaShonte was the dad's name

• Options
    DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544
    dnc said:

Meek said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

He*

ISAFNRC
  • Options

dnc said:

Meek said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

He*

Get your shit together @dnc!
    Or put Sven in charge?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

First, right
    It’s the right move too IMO. Don’t love him, but that’s only because he’s maxed out physically. Doesn’t mean he won’t get better, but his physical traits will be roughly the same from the day he steps on campus.