Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Outsider’s Thoughts on Junior Adams

Comments

• Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

DawgFader said:

It’s as simple as, in certain instances it’s a smarter move to have coaches of color mentoring and coaching kids of color than middle aged white dudes.

Adams is already a very good hire, heading rapidly in the direction of great.

Looking forward to seeing on field improvements from his coaching.

Like cooper Kupp?
    WTFICK

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

Yeah... the business where a distinction was made between kids with one black parent vs. two black parents... or African born parents vs. black American parents got really silly.

But Dennis always made a very clear and valid distinction between the OKG thing being intentionally racist vs. it being disproportionately disadvantageous to black recruits. I think the concern there was justified. Also, he didn't invent the narrative... recruits and opposing coaches were already openly talking about it. But to Pete's credit he pivoted several months ago... and there have been changes in both messaging and recruiting strategy. I think Junior Adams has had a really positive impact on the new direction recruiting has taken - not just at the WR position but across the board. That dude fucks.

And in defense of those of us who were freaked out... it was all looking pretty fucking bad a few months back. We lost Bothello and Herbig. Smalls had eliminated us in May. Ringo wasn't even considering us. Neither was Ransom. Former recruits and opposing coaches were openly pushing the okg/racist narrative. We were floundering and shit looked bleak.

Anyways... Amazing momentum and purpose to recruiting lately. I love the offer to Gee, even if he sticks with OSU I love that we offered. I love the offer to Simon. Murao, MacMillan, Rosengarten are monster fucking pick-ups. Huff gets more ass than a toilet seat. Getting back into it with Smalls (if that is actually happening) is fucking HUGE. He and Banks are really big recruits for us.

That said... you can't preach LIPO, then crow about a half finished recruiting class in July. You're either LIPO or not LIPO. We've still got a longs ways to go and a lot of work to do, but I think we're gonna close strong... and if this class isn't better than 2019 then the 2021 one sure the fuck will be.

go dwags,
    gunt.

POTFY

TYFYS

We are all #blessed to have read this.
    This post is DIFFERENT
    DIFFERENT DIFFERENT
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

The thing about Adams was that he was a well respected developer and the only question was if he could recruit.

In 4 months it’s clear he’s an elite recruiter. Now we get to see his elite development and coaching.

All reports from spring are that he has been drilling into the kids attack attack attack. I’d you don’t attack the ball, don’t attack the defender, and don’t block your man 10 yards downfield, then you aren’t going to play.

if true, might be time for an extension
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If Junior gets Rome, Emeka AND TROY MUHFUCCIN FRANKLIN, Ill have to bring myself back to life just to stab myself to death.

FB live please!
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If Junior gets Rome, Emeka AND TROY MUHFUCCIN FRANKLIN, Ill have to bring myself back to life just to stab myself to death.

I don't know where else to put this, but since we are talking about receiver coaching, LMC, what have you seen in your tape study that would suggest how we might use different/better route concepts or combinations to get guys the ball in space with a chance to do something after the catch? I remember being so frustrated for a while at how some teams (think this was Oregon back in the day) seemed to always get guys the ball while they were moving downfield and for some reason the UW only seemed to have guys catch the ball while stopped, or running out of bounds, or on other routes where YAC wasn't really possible unless they did something amazing.

Are we/they talking about that?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

I don't know where else to put this, but since we are talking about receiver coaching, LMC, what have you seen in your tape study that would suggest how we might use different/better route concepts or combinations to get guys the ball in space with a chance to do something after the catch? I remember being so frustrated for a while at how some teams (think this was Oregon back in the day) seemed to always get guys the ball while they were moving downfield and for some reason the UW only seemed to have guys catch the ball while stopped, or running out of bounds, or on other routes where YAC wasn't really possible unless they did something amazing.

Because unless noodle armed brownsocks had pressure valves like Ross and Pettis we operated a possession red zone offense.

Ain't no leading or running ... Just get the damn ball there and success.

Even when he had Ross he would chuck a ball and Ross had to double back 10 yards to catch it relying on the dbs and safety to be caught by surprise and then juke out the whole California secondary for the touchdown.

But we have Eason now so it's exciting times.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    animate said:

RealRhino said:

Because unless noodle armed brownsocks had pressure valves like Ross and Pettis we operated a possession red zone offense.

Even when he had Ross he would chuck a ball and Ross had to double back 10 yards to catch it relying on the dbs and safety to be caught by surprise and then juke out the whole California secondary for the touchdown.

Yeah seems like that is on the QB not the WR. We were running the same concepts as any non-Air Raid offense just Browning had no anticipation plus took forever to get the ball there once he did lock on.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

RealRhino said:

Yeah seems like that is on the QB not the WR. We were running the same concepts as any non-Air Raid offense just Browning had no anticipation plus took forever to get the ball there once he did lock on.
    I've always said it's difficult to run an exciting offense when your field is shortened into a phone booth which is what happened with brownsocks.

imagine gaskin or ahmed with room to run in a wide open field?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:
    Yeah too bad Sark wouldn't take Papa Cupps phone calls seriously or take the time to look at the tape sent. (Credit Derek Johnson.)
    is this true??? wow so on sarks brand
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

FirePete said:
    Yeah too bad Sark wouldn't take Papa Cupps phone calls seriously or take the time to look at the tape sent. (Credit Derek Johnson.)
    Was that the same year we? signed String and John Ross?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I wish we got Cupp, but when WSU and Oregon State don’t even offer, it’s not really a fuck up. Nobody wanted Cupp. It happens.

Maybe the performance of Cody bruns ghost impacted sark to not offer.