Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Outsider’s Thoughts on Junior Adams

Q: What have you heard about UW's new receiver coach, Junior Adams, from a recruiting perspective? Why do you think Lubick had such troubles with guys like Ford, Ngata, etc? How does Adams stack up against some of the other receiver coaches in the pac12 on the recruiting side?

Huffman: A lot of high praise for Junior from his time at Boise State. He's well thought of and well respected in the Northwest. A lot of personality, which is what I think ultimately slowed Lubick, not much of one there. Recruiting wise, I think Adams can be in the top half, but he's mostly been recruiting to Group of 5 schools so it's different animal now.

This isn’t the WAC anymore poast of the day.

Major LOLOLOLOL at the Lubick lack of personality comment which is the main reason I posted this.

Comments

• LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Great stuff from @DoogCourics per usual.

But let’s not act like Junior Adams is bubbling over with eccentric values or whatever. Try to watch his interviews without falling asleep. He’s recruited 2 people before. 2. Now we’re in on 2 out of the top 5 WR’s in the country. Someone hold me during this dark time.
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2019

But let’s not act like Junior Adams is bubbling over with eccentric values or whatever. Try to watch his interviews without falling asleep. He’s recruited 2 people before. 2. Now we’re in on 2 out of the top 5 WR’s in the country. Someone hold me during this dark time.

It’s not like Ikaika is impressive during interviews, but he fucks on jimmy lake level
    Ikaika doesn’t look stoned in all of his interviews either. Of course I want him to and expect him to get the job done and fucking close but when people’s only defense for him as a recruiter is “well Joey Thomas likes him”, we should all be a little worried.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

It’s not like Ikaika is impressive during interviews, but he fucks on jimmy lake level
    Ikaika doesn’t look stoned in all of his interviews either. Of course I want him to and expect him to get the job done and fucking close but when people’s only defense for him as a recruiter is “well Joey Thomas likes him”, we should all be a little worried.
    If we get smalls, would do you give a fuck who we recruit at WR?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

If we get smalls, would do you give a fuck who we recruit at WR?
    EVERYTHING MATTERS
  • ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

When one of the greatest coaches of all time and a true molder of men has your back, that's good enough for me.
    Same guy that hired Pease? Paopao? Lubick?

When one of the greatest coaches of all time and a true molder of men has your back, that's good enough for me.
    Same guy that hired Pease? Paopao? Lubick?
    No, Joey Thomas did not hire them
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Personality matters in sales? Who knew? It is rarely brought up here

I'm an introvert. I'm shy. And I'm an asshole. But when the lights come on I can get you to sign for anything

Being a sociopath has its advantages

Deadly in any sector. Not enough chins to throw your way.

Assholes win.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Wasn't Lubick regarded as a great a recruiter until he wasn't?

I think our duck friends warned us about him. I seem to recall that he looked good there at first too, then disappeared. I'm paraphrasing from memory here so don't expect any semblance of accuracy, but much of what they said seems to have come true. He's a capable coach and recruiter but doesn't work hard.
    chuck said:

Doogles said:

Wasn't Lubick regarded as a great a recruiter until he wasn't?

I think our duck friends warned us about him. I seem to recall that he looked good there at first too, then disappeared. I'm paraphrasing from memory here so don't expect any semblance of accuracy, but much of what they said seems to have come true. He's a capable coach and recruiter but doesn't work hard.
    The consensus was he could coach wr’s and recruit but they hated him as OC.

He recruited very well when he got started here. He definitely had it in him. For some reason he just kind of quit.

As far as UW is concerned he’s the Bizzarro Malloe.