Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington introduces new helmet design that connects with school history

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Man, Lacrosse must be big money to have apparel deals all the way out to 2029.

The must be the big money "club" sport at UW.
    Real talk, it doesn't seem like it. They ask for money on social media a lot.
    Everyone on the Lacrosse team was rich and white that I knew. They had zero fans though, even rugby drew a bigger crowd. I'd bet they are hitting all those rich donors up via social media to fund the sport.
    The players themselves come from rich, white families. That means they can afford to pay for everything they have. It doesn't mean any rich boosters are going to care enough to actually donate to what amounts to a 3rd tier sport (at least on the west coast).
    Meanwhile #myrowboat has a $14,000,000 endowment and still gets mostly funded by athletic dept revenue. We’re rich biatch!!
    "Fuck Yo Couch!"
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

UW rugby needs to step up their twatter game
    https://twitter.com/HuskyRugby

Rugby is all staffed by current team members. Results vary wildly because of this. This is how I ended up as de-facto social chair bc our then-current social chair got a girlfriend who hated rugby parties.

It's all funded by a trust established by ONE major donor and then fundraising directly by the team which is usually done by running security for the frats plus other outside events such as Seafair, as I've shared stories from.
    I had a property manager "friend" who was a Harvard Rugby guy. We couldn't have been more different but we worked good together. He also lived in Sahallee when the WGC was there so I could watch Tiger without going through all the riff raff

Rugby guys are their own breed
    Sahallee. Land of milfs a plenty. One of the only redeamable qualities about Eastlake High as well.

I was there for the WGC on Saturday. We walked on at the 6th from a friends. Didn't Vijay do something stupid at this tourney when he turned in his card?

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,387
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

Rugby is all staffed by current team members. Results vary wildly because of this. This is how I ended up as de-facto social chair bc our then-current social chair got a girlfriend who hated rugby parties.

It's all funded by a trust established by ONE major donor and then fundraising directly by the team which is usually done by running security for the frats plus other outside events such as Seafair, as I've shared stories from.
    I had a property manager "friend" who was a Harvard Rugby guy. We couldn't have been more different but we worked good together. He also lived in Sahallee when the WGC was there so I could watch Tiger without going through all the riff raff

Sahallee. Land of milfs a plenty. One of the only redeamable qualities about Eastlake High as well.

I was there for the WGC on Saturday. We walked on at the 6th from a friends. Didn't Vijay do something stupid at this tourney when he turned in his card?

Don't remember VJ but I was there Saturday as well. Tiger walked right past me *swoon*
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414

Everyone on the Lacrosse team was rich and white that I knew. They had zero fans though, even rugby drew a bigger crowd. I'd bet they are hitting all those rich donors up via social media to fund the sport.
    LAX club was all about debauchery back in the day. It was a bunch of lakeside dudes trying to work a little cigarette smoke out of their lungs and catch a buzz at the same time. .

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

The players themselves come from rich, white families. That means they can afford to pay for everything they have. It doesn't mean any rich boosters are going to care enough to actually donate to what amounts to a 3rd tier sport (at least on the west coast).
    Meanwhile #myrowboat has a $14,000,000 endowment and still gets mostly funded by athletic dept revenue. We’re rich biatch!!
    "Fuck Yo Couch!"
    My team is so rich and fancy that even the football team eats in our house that @RaceBannon built.
    If I ever get uber rich I'll go full T Boone Pickins on UW rugby.
    Sorry Bro, IMA fields and E1 are getting replaced by low income housing. Youll be playing your games in Kent.
    green lake with da brothas
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

I love the salty dawg logo.

Same. I thought it was a snarl, but either way -- it is pretty cool.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

MisterEm said:

Don't remember VJ but I was there Saturday as well. Tiger walked right past me *swoon*
    But what about his knee?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Rugby has way more history than lacrosse Out West (ILTCITOWIWILTD)
    @Swaye true???