Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington introduces new helmet design that connects with school history

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Man, Lacrosse must be big money to have apparel deals all the way out to 2029.

The must be the big money "club" sport at UW.
    Real talk, it doesn't seem like it. They ask for money on social media a lot.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    It doesn't come through very well on the thumbnail, but there's gold "Bow Down" across the back of the helmet.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    Swaye's Wigwam

Everyone on the Lacrosse team was rich and white that I knew. They had zero fans though, even rugby drew a bigger crowd. I'd bet they are hitting all those rich donors up via social media to fund the sport.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    UW rugby needs to step up their twatter game
    https://twitter.com/HuskyRugby
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rugby is all staffed by current team members. Results vary wildly because of this. This is how I ended up as de-facto social chair bc our then-current social chair got a girlfriend who hated rugby parties.

It's all funded by a trust established by ONE major donor and then fundraising directly by the team which is usually done by running security for the frats plus other outside events such as Seafair, as I've shared stories from.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    does Larry Scott know which 2 sports are paying for the uniforms of the other teams?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,599
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Meek said:

does Larry Scott know which 2 sports are paying for the uniforms of the other teams?

No
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Team looks pretty ethnically diverse. I like it.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I wouldn't even be mad if Adidas copied this design for one football game.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Everyone on the Lacrosse team was rich and white that I knew. They had zero fans though, even rugby drew a bigger crowd. I'd bet they are hitting all those rich donors up via social media to fund the sport.
    The players themselves come from rich, white families. That means they can afford to pay for everything they have. It doesn't mean any rich boosters are going to care enough to actually donate to what amounts to a 3rd tier sport (at least on the west coast).
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

The players themselves come from rich, white families. That means they can afford to pay for everything they have. It doesn't mean any rich boosters are going to care enough to actually donate to what amounts to a 3rd tier sport (at least on the west coast).
    Rugby has way more history than lacrosse Out West (ILTCITOWIWILTD)
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Rugby is all staffed by current team members. Results vary wildly because of this. This is how I ended up as de-facto social chair bc our then-current social chair got a girlfriend who hated rugby parties.

It's all funded by a trust established by ONE major donor and then fundraising directly by the team which is usually done by running security for the frats plus other outside events such as Seafair, as I've shared stories from.
    I had a property manager "friend" who was a Harvard Rugby guy. We couldn't have been more different but we worked good well together. He also lived in Sahallee when the WGC was there so I could watch Tiger without going through all the riff raff

Rugby guys are their own breed