Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Favorite Geological Feature You've Visited

124»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

BearsWiin said:

The view from Glacier Point is pretty breathtaking

Taking the Jungfraujoch train up into the mountain is pretty cool too

And hiking up to the Schwarzsee at the base of the Matterhorn

Zermatt is awesome. Did a similar hike to yours back in HS in the mid 90s.
    Was that the trip with the Balla twins? Did you join them in apologizing to everyone in Europe on behalf of all Americans?
    You got the wrong guy @MikeDamone . I got one grandpappy who stormed the beaches of Normandy on June 6th and another who came over a few weeks later and got two Silver Stats for killing Nazis and holding his position against Tiger tanks. I don’t gotta apologize for shit.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Not the fucking grand canyon
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2019
    Mad_Son said:

This thread is shit w/o @Mad_Son

Prepare to be underwhelmed. I have been a lot of beautiful places including most of those listed here already but...

One place I really liked was the Alpine Fault. This fault is a transform boundary between the Pacific plate and the Indo-Austrlian plate so you can easily stand on two continents at once.

This isn't anyone I know but this picture looks like the same/similar location as my favorite time climbing on the Alpine Fault.

I also don't know if this counts as visiting a geologic feature but when I used to work in oil it was a blast going offshore and checking out the cuttings circulating up the hole to see how mypredictions of 20k+ feet beneath the surface compared to reality.

To throw you a bone though, somewhere cool I went this past October was the Cliffs of Moher

Similarly, Devil’s Bridge in Antigua was a fucking blast. Climbing to the top and seeing the dark blue Pacific to one side and the light blue Caribbean to the other. Then you climb down and walk through a whirlpool where the two waters meet. Pretty cool to be in two bodies of water at the same time.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775

Mad_Son said:

Prepare to be underwhelmed. I have been a lot of beautiful places including most of those listed here already but...

One place I really liked was the Alpine Fault. This fault is a transform boundary between the Pacific plate and the Indo-Austrlian plate so you can easily stand on two continents at once.

This isn't anyone I know but this picture looks like the same/similar location as my favorite time climbing on the Alpine Fault.

I also don't know if this counts as visiting a geologic feature but when I used to work in oil it was a blast going offshore and checking out the cuttings circulating up the hole to see how mypredictions of 20k+ feet beneath the surface compared to reality.

To throw you a bone though, somewhere cool I went this past October was the Cliffs of Moher

Similarly, Devil’s Bridge in Antigua was a fucking blast. Climbing to the top and seeing the dark blue Pacific to one side and the light blue Caribbean to the other. Then you climb down and walk through a whirlpool where the two waters meet. Pretty cool to be in two bodies of water at the same time.

That's some cool geology but some really whooshed up geography.

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Mad_Son said:

I never know the Caribbean and the Pacific met anywhere.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    edited February 2019

Mad_Son said:

I never know the Caribbean and the Pacific met anywhere.

Mad_Son said:

That's some cool geology but some really whooshed up geography.

*Atlantic*

Give me a break guys I've been drinking since we're snowed in and my brain isn't fully on target!