Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official Visitors This Weekend

Comments

• Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2019

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Interesting is as interesting does...Mishael Powell O’Dea CB, I imagine another PWO option who visited this weekend

https://247sports.com/Player/Mishael-Powell-46049031/
    http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7221650/5c1020d1b3d2fe0cd8143216
    Ivy League offers though...he gone
    It's not over for Michael!

In addition to his time with the players, Powell got the chance to sit down with Jimmy Lake and Will Harris to talk about where he'd fit in in the secondary.

"I mainly met with coach Harris, but coach Lake came in and talked to me too, and they both said they saw me as a player with a lot of potential and room to grow," Powell, who measured in at 6'1" and weighed in at 200 pounds on his visit, noted. "They see me starting out at corner and then we'll see. They like their corners to be longer and they feel like I'd be a great fit outside.

"They actually said I was a year too early in the recruiting process. They told me if I was a 2020 guy, that I'd have an offer, so they definitely showed me a path to getting a scholarship, but they aren't just going to hand it to you, you have to earn it.

"That's something the players said when I was talking to them. The coaches expect you to work hard and bring it every day, not only in games, but also in practice and even when you're not practicing. The expectation is that you give your all to everything you do and that's something I really liked hearing. The best players play, no matter whether you have a scholarship or if you're a walk-on."

His visit to Montlake completed, Powell said he's got some thinking to do and with offers from Air Force, Columbia, Cornell, Eastern Washington, Georgetown and Yale he has some great options to mull over.

"There's a lot to consider -- education, location, my opportunity to play -- so I have some thinking to do," Powell said. "It's an exciting opportunity there at Washington and they have a top 15 business school which is what I want to major in.

"The Ivy League schools always tout their academics and they should, they are pretty amazing, but Washington's academics are great too and their business school is even better than most of the Ivy League schools', so that was something that was pretty impressive when we were going through the presentation."

As a senior last season, Powell totaled 61 tackles and five interceptions while helping to lead the Irish to an 11-2 record.

We'll have more from Powell in the coming days as he nears making his decision and we will update news on him as it breaks.
    "They actually said I was a year too early in the recruiting process. They told me if I was a 2020 guy, that I'd have an offer, so they definitely showed me a path to getting a scholarship, but they aren't just going to hand it to you, you have to earn it.

What does that even mean?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Interesting is as interesting does...Mishael Powell O’Dea CB, I imagine another PWO option who visited this weekend

In addition to his time with the players, Powell got the chance to sit down with Jimmy Lake and Will Harris to talk about where he'd fit in in the secondary.

"I mainly met with coach Harris, but coach Lake came in and talked to me too, and they both said they saw me as a player with a lot of potential and room to grow," Powell, who measured in at 6'1" and weighed in at 200 pounds on his visit, noted. "They see me starting out at corner and then we'll see. They like their corners to be longer and they feel like I'd be a great fit outside.

"That's something the players said when I was talking to them. The coaches expect you to work hard and bring it every day, not only in games, but also in practice and even when you're not practicing. The expectation is that you give your all to everything you do and that's something I really liked hearing. The best players play, no matter whether you have a scholarship or if you're a walk-on."

His visit to Montlake completed, Powell said he's got some thinking to do and with offers from Air Force, Columbia, Cornell, Eastern Washington, Georgetown and Yale he has some great options to mull over.

"There's a lot to consider -- education, location, my opportunity to play -- so I have some thinking to do," Powell said. "It's an exciting opportunity there at Washington and they have a top 15 business school which is what I want to major in.

"The Ivy League schools always tout their academics and they should, they are pretty amazing, but Washington's academics are great too and their business school is even better than most of the Ivy League schools', so that was something that was pretty impressive when we were going through the presentation."

As a senior last season, Powell totaled 61 tackles and five interceptions while helping to lead the Irish to an 11-2 record.

We'll have more from Powell in the coming days as he nears making his decision and we will update news on him as it breaks.

It means next year's class is not deep
  • Options

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

It means next year's class is not deep
    Which isn't true unless they are already taking themselves out of the running for Kelee, Clark and Ayden.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

It sounds like a nice thing to say that can never be proved as a lie
    Or the kids not a dumbass and wants to publicly put on the blast the line of BS he saw right through
  • Options

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

It sounds like a nice thing to say that can never be proved as a lie
    Or the kids not a dumbass and wants to publicly put on the blast the line of BS he saw right through
    Nah Jimmy is giving him the Myles Bryant pitch. Work your ass off here and you can earn a scholarship
    What about the Chico role though?
  • Options
  • Options
    "Best recruiting coordinator"

Guess we don't like Harris anymore.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

We all know what "it" KB is leaving out there...

• Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2019

Can we get this fuckin guy some AirPods fuck
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes