Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

So how many of you AOC fans agree with this statement

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,544 Standard Supporter
    Billionaires are fine.

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem if there were regulations enacted limiting CEO pay to a multiple of some function of the mean employee salaries. Some of those cats are just raking in dough for having minions and not doing shit. I've met them - they aren't worth 100,000 times the wage of a line worker. They just aren't.

I don't have an issue if their rewards are commensurate with Share Price or some such measurement.

I find AOC likes to drop the 'immoral' line regularly. Eventually that just wears off.

And she best be careful with playing the morality card too often because you know her nude pics/sex with goats videos are being held in a remote server somewhere just waiting to be unleashed on the world.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Most of them...that's the problem
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    It's a sophomoric statement, blob. Of course, you couch your economic arguments as moral arguments too, so you're just the opposite side of the same counterfeit coin.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    edited January 2019
    HHusky said:

It's a sophomoric statement, blob. Of course, you couch your economic arguments as moral arguments too, so you're just the opposite side of the same counterfeit coin.

My problem isn't that she was making it a moral argument my strawman ass fucking Kunt of a friend. I was just asking if you agreed with it. It's immoral in my book to steal the labor of others. You being a Rat, you and your party have a long, long history supporting the stealing of labor in others. The fact that she was making some kind of moral argument isn't what bothered me.

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    Btw, newsflash to the dumb Kunt, there are parts of every state in the union where kids still get ringworm. Getting rid of billionaires isn't going to change that. Kids getting ringworm has nothing to do with their inability to get access to healthcare.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,480 Founders Club
    Speaking at an event commemorating Martin Luther King Day on Monday, Ocasio-Cortez asserted that climate change constituted "our World War II" and added: “Millennials and people, you know, Gen Z and all these folks that will come after us are looking up and we’re like: ‘The world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change and your biggest issue is, how are we gonna pay for it?'"

I would give her a break on this as not meaning literally 12 years. Like Trump she has her own language

But it's going to stick. It's so simple to tag her with

Billionaires are fine.

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem if there were regulations enacted limiting CEO pay to a multiple of some function of the mean employee salaries. Some of those cats are just raking in dough for having minions and not doing shit. I've met them - they aren't worth 100,000 times the wage of a line worker. They just aren't.

I don't have an issue if their rewards are commensurate with Share Price or some such measurement.

I find AOC likes to drop the 'immoral' line regularly. Eventually that just wears off.

And she best be careful with playing the morality card too often because you know her nude pics/sex with goats videos are being held in a remote server somewhere just waiting to be unleashed on the world.

There was Clinton era law that capped CEO pay so they went to stock options which pay better and are taxed lower

That showed them

Why do people get paid so much? Because they can
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/greg-gutfeld-says-media-making-same-mistake-with-ocasio-cortez-they-made-with-trump-laugh-laugh-laugh-until/

Fox News’ Greg Gutfeld today observed some similarities in media reactions to Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and President Donald Trump.

The hosts of The Five talked about Ocasio-Cortez’s recent comments about the threat of climate change and how “a system that allows billionaires to exist when there are parts of Alabama where people are still getting ringworm because they don’t have access to public health is wrong.”

Gutfeld said of her climate change remarks, “She’s capitalizing on a fear, which in this case she was talking about climate change. You could say that Donald Trump did the same thing with immigration. Some say legitimate fear, some say not legitimate. Climate change? Some say legitimate, some say not. But she’s doing the same thing.”

“She is working on exaggeration and tertiary sources, secondary sources,” he said, “but so did Donald Trump.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/greg-gutfeld-says-media-making-same-mistake-with-ocasio-cortez-they-made-with-trump-laugh-laugh-laugh-until/

Fox News’ Greg Gutfeld today observed some similarities in media reactions to Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and President Donald Trump.

The hosts of The Five talked about Ocasio-Cortez’s recent comments about the threat of climate change and how “a system that allows billionaires to exist when there are parts of Alabama where people are still getting ringworm because they don’t have access to public health is wrong.”

Gutfeld said of her climate change remarks, “She’s capitalizing on a fear, which in this case she was talking about climate change. You could say that Donald Trump did the same thing with immigration. Some say legitimate fear, some say not legitimate. Climate change? Some say legitimate, some say not. But she’s doing the same thing.”

“She is working on exaggeration and tertiary sources, secondary sources,” he said, “but so did Donald Trump.”
    I had this first somewhere on this bored
  • HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    Sounds about right
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

My problem isn't that she was making it a moral argument my strawman ass fucking Kunt of a friend. I was just asking if you agreed with it. It's immoral in my book to steal the labor of others.
    Right wing AOC isn't a hypocrite, goddamnit!

Congrats blob!
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

My problem isn't that she was making it a moral argument my strawman ass fucking Kunt of a friend. I was just asking if you agreed with it. It's immoral in my book to steal the labor of others. You being a Rat, you and your party have a long, long history supporting the stealing of labor in others. The fact that she was making some kind of moral argument isn't what bothered me.

Workers wages have been stagnant for 50 years. Their productivity has sky rocketed. Profits have sky rocketed. CEO pay has sky rocketed. We call that stealing the labor of others.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    “Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.”
    edited January 2019

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Workers wages have been stagnant for 50 years. Their productivity has sky rocketed. Profits have sky rocketed. CEO pay has sky rocketed. We call that stealing the labor of others.
    The people who are getting ripped off should quit.

Workers productively didn’t skyrocket. The productivity of technology skyrocketed. Workerrs, including CEOS, are still subject to supply and demand.

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Wonder if 20 million illegal immigrants effect wages

Nah

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Wonder if 20 million illegal immigrants effect wages

Nah
    Lower prices for me!!!
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,544 Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

We agree to a certain degree - so bookmark this post as historic.

See my post above regarding CEO/Executive pay. It's almost reached robber baron/coal miner multiples. Kind of ridiculous. As the pie grows, it should be shared pro-rata.

Fuck, I sound like a communist. Fuck me. And fuck AOC's tits for making me even contemplate that.

If she'd just get her teeth fixed....

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

See my post above regarding CEO/Executive pay. It's almost reached robber baron/coal miner multiples. Kind of ridiculous. As the pie grows, it should be shared pro-rata.

Fuck, I sound like a communist. Fuck me. And fuck AOC's tits for making me even contemplate that.

It's an effective argument

People want more money and hate their boss

People forget you sell your life for that kind of money.
    edited January 2019

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

But the slices of the pie are growing. I’ve been hearing the “poor getting poorer” bullshit for 50 years. The poor have never been better off. Be sure we are taking about the abject or the relative.