Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RIP E1

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

Holy fuck this is a dumb idea. Doesn’t a sizable percentage of the student body commute into campus? Where will they park?

And yes, by all means eliminate parking for athletic events.

As a recent grad, I can confirm that this is usually about how full E1 is on a given school day. But it’ll completely fuck up tailgating for sure

Well, that’s good it won’t put out anybody during the week. Thank you for the info.

And yes, I bet the light rail will help.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2019
    They could blow up half the lot and the driving range (which is a dump, literally) and build a parking structure over the remaining half of surface lot to retain parking capacity. Removing E1 entirely would be a disaster for that entire area on game days. The proposal would also have to be permitted by the city, which is a hurdle due to its impact on neighborhoods (although city hall libs hate football and cars).

Is there a 70k capacity stadium anywhere in the world that doesn't feature adjacent parking?
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

They could blow up half the lot and the driving range (which is a dump, literally) and build a parking structure over the remaining half of surface lot to retain parking capacity. Removing E1 entirely would be a disaster for that entire area on game days. The proposal would also have to be permitted by the city, which is a hurdle due to its impact on neighborhoods (although city hall libs hate football and cars).

Is there a 70k capacity stadium anywhere in the world that doesn't feature adjacent parking?

Centurylink's lot is probably small enough to qualify.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Centurylink's lot is probably small enough to qualify.
    There is also the Safeco lot right next door, though. Plenty of car parking down there.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Find some homeless guy and pay his rent with the right to party like a motherfucker 7 weekends per year. Rave/tailgate spot.

Problem solved.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

That’s a really fucking dumb idea to have low incoming housing on a college campus lmfao.

Because the average student is wealthy?
    Not a lot of students are going to live in those fucking apartments. It’s going to be mostly addicts and pours. Not the best place to put those folks on a fucking college campus.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,086
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tailgating is the best part of game day. We eat like kings. If this goes away, so do I.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

2001400ex said:

That’s a really fucking dumb idea to have low incoming housing on a college campus lmfao.

Because the average student is wealthy?
    Not a lot of students are going to live in those fucking apartments. It’s going to be mostly addicts and pours. Not the best place to put those folks on a fucking college campus.
    Idk man, most UW students I knew would do anything to save some money on living expense just so they’d have more to spend on weed and fireball
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,434
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    How far will light rail extend by the time they close E1? I'm guessing Northgate, Bellevue/Redmond, and Federal Way links will be up and running.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

You all sound poor. Who even tailgates in E1? Join us on lake washington where the real fans Sailgate.

Been trying to get a sailgate invite for years.
  • Options

How far will light rail extend by the time they close E1? I'm guessing Northgate, Bellevue/Redmond, and Federal Way links will be up and running.

The plans have been scrapped, it's not happening. E1 is staying open.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bread said:

You all sound poor. Who even tailgates in E1? Join us on lake washington where the real fans Sailgate.

Yeah. I'm down.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Light rail hasn't been scrapped. And neither has this plan. It just is waiting on a breakthrough in accelerated waste management to make the landfill under e1 suitable for residential construction.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bread said:

Like I say. It's not the same to bum of someone, you'll want your own boat to get the full experience. I suggest getting a used one you don't mind trashing in a weekend and discarding(the maintenance cost isn't worth it long haul). Personally, I find Craig's list to be better then ebay if your on a budget. And you can find a boat pretty quick for any budget. You got your $50 rowboats that'll be good for 2-4 people. Around $500 your start seeing some legit sailgaters for 10-20 people that'll take just a but of work to get going. January is the best time to buy a sailgating boat so it's good you brought this up now, Prices are usually a triple of these in August.

This looks like a hidden gem. If it doesnt float just slap some flex tape on the leaks.
    Https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/d/everett-26-tollycraft-project-boat/6781930118.html
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    You can rent a boat too
  • Options
    Bread said:

Light rail hasn't been scrapped. And neither has this plan. It just is waiting on a breakthrough in accelerated waste management to make the landfill under e1 suitable for residential construction.
    I wasn't talking about light rail, that's obviously still being built. They might do something with E1 some day, but it's not in any 10-year plans.