Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RIP E1

Comments

• Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DeepDawg said:

Bread said:

Bread said:

You all sound poor. Who even tailgates in E1? Join us on lake washington where the real fans Sailgate.

Been trying to get a sailgate invite for years.
    Like I say. It's not the same to bum of someone, you'll want your own boat to get the full experience. I suggest getting a used one you don't mind trashing in a weekend and discarding(the maintenance cost isn't worth it long haul). Personally, I find Craig's list to be better then ebay if your on a budget. And you can find a boat pretty quick for any budget. You got your $50 rowboats that'll be good for 2-4 people. Around $500 your start seeing some legit sailgaters for 10-20 people that'll take just a but of work to get going. January is the best time to buy a sailgating boat so it's good you brought this up now, Prices are usually a triple of these in August.

This looks like a hidden gem. If it doesnt float just slap some flex tape on the leaks.
    Https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/d/everett-26-tollycraft-project-boat/6781930118.html
    You're going to want to budget for a nice mattress too. The whole point of getting a boat is to get the ladies tipsy, top-side so you can take em to a nice comfortable place below deck... and ...they can't refuse. Because of the implication
    I'm confused...are you planning on hurting these women??
    You're misunderstanding me bro. Because if the girl said no, then the answer is obviously no. But the thing is she's not gonna say no. She would never say no. Because of the implication.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,177
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You can rent a boat too

You heard it hear first, @DerekJohnson is going to take the excess funds from the fundraiser this year and rent a boat for the first annual HH sailgate!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bread said:

You all sound poor. Who even tailgates in E1? Join us on lake washington where the real fans Sailgate.

Yeah. I'm down.
    Ok this might have to be a thing now that I'm looking at it. Prices are not at all unreasonable. Pretty sure the TSIO tailgate ran a lot more $$$$ for a lawn spot.

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bread said:

Yeah. I'm down.
    Ok this might have to be a thing now that I'm looking at it. Prices are not at all unreasonable. Pretty sure the TSIO tailgate ran a lot more $$$$ for a lawn spot.

Boat rentals are even lower discount in January then craigslist. You aren't going to get a boat like that on gameday for cheap and get a good experience. Rentals are almost as bad as the ivars "sailgate".
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

Bread said:

Yeah. I'm down.

Boat rentals are even lower discount in January then craigslist. You aren't going to get a boat like that on gameday for cheap and get a good experience. Rentals are almost as bad as the ivars "sailgate".
    That's why I would book it in advance. I'm looking at the home schedule now. Also, a couple hundo a head isn't really much when I'm already flying to Seattle to go to games. I think I spent $200+ on ubers just for when I attended the UCLA home game in 2017.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,793
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Bread said:

Bread said:

Yeah. I'm down.

That's why I would book it in advance. I'm looking at the home schedule now. Also, a couple hundo a head isn't really much when I'm already flying to Seattle to go to games. I think I spent $200+ on ubers just for when I attended the UCLA home game in 2017.
    Plz pick the apple cup that way I can attend.

Shit weather sailgating is best sailgating.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2019
    The next installment in the expansion plan that they are not telling you about is literally moving Husky Stadium out onto the water. Floating stadium part II. Put the stadium in the actual greatest setting, Boom! No more Poors at the game, will need boat access to gain entry. Booze will still not be permitted inside the stadium. Go 12s!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bread said:

Bread said:

Yeah. I'm down.

Hmmmmmmm, it would be fun to host some of my CUOG! extended family and get to play big brother....

But I'll probably opt for August/September and sell the wife on the "family" trip.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,793
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Bread said:

Bread said:

Yeah. I'm down.

Hmmmmmmm, it would be fun to host some of my CUOG! extended family and get to play big brother....

But I'll probably opt for August/September and sell the wife on the "family" trip.
    Just think about it!

But yeah it would easier to get the wife to go out to Seattle in September, better weather.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,815
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is there a 70k capacity stadium anywhere in the world that doesn't feature adjacent parking?

Check out Real Madrid’s stadium. Keep in mind Spain was under fascist control into the 1970’s. Only fascists and commies (birm) hate cars.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bread said:

Bread said:

Yeah. I'm down.

Cal Sept 7th would be the one. E1 passes on CL can go for between $100-$150 anyway for a good match in the summer sun (We'll? lose but I digress) I can tie-up in my crab boat and DJ. Also, I have an oyster guy if we wanna be classy n shit. Fireball, oysters, and the implication. Idk sound pretty good.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,850
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Man I’ve spent more time in boats of all manner on Lake Union and Worshington than almost any half brain here. And yet I’ve never sailgated. Sad.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

That’s a really fucking dumb idea to have low incoming housing on a college campus lmfao.

Because the average student is wealthy?
    Not a lot of students are going to live in those fucking apartments. It’s going to be mostly addicts and pours. Not the best place to put those folks on a fucking college campus.
    That's not how it works except inside your head. You are too young to be that prejudice against poor folk.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    What is the story on sailgating? I've heard a bunch of shit but don't know how it actually works. My buddy has a 26 foot MasterCraft that he'll let me borrow and drag over. But don't you have to book a spot and such? Or just show up tie up? I've heard there's a boat that takes people in and out?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

You can rent a boat too

or buy one.