Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tate Martell transferring to Miami

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,610
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm still trying to figure out why I should know this kid's name. I vaguely recall Sark offering him as a toddler, then maybe he committed or something during Pop Warner, then he never came here, then he transferred once or twice every year, then he became creep's new favorite QB.

So why does he get so many mentions here again?

Is that true? I thought he picked Ohio State in 2017 as a 4*. I don't think he's been anywhere else. He couldn't beat out Barrett or Haskins. Kind of like how skinny couldn't wrestle the job away from Fromm and x-ferred to the Pac 12 Champion Huskies.

I know Heaps went all over the place. Maybe you're confusing two 5'11" white guys who play QB. Happens all the tim.
    No need to take a senseless, cunty shot at UW or Eason. I was exaggerating for the amusement.

My only point, other than what I just mentioned, was to wonder why Martell gets followed so much here. He hasn't had anything to do with UW since he committed to Sark as an 8th grader (iirc). He never even came close to coming to UW and he can't even be viewed as a huge miss.
    senseless and cunty? Fuck off and tuff'n up boy. This is HCH. If you get your feelings hurt easily, LEAVE!
    You know what happens next quook. Aurora in the U District. Squishies go on special at 5, so let's meet around 4:55.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He has no arm, hth @creepycoug

He’s a tiny Browning with better wheels lol.

I've never seen him play.

Everyone has better wheels than Browning.
    You didn't watch one game of the #4 ? team in the nation this year?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm still trying to figure out why I should know this kid's name. I vaguely recall Sark offering him as a toddler, then maybe he committed or something during Pop Warner, then he never came here, then he transferred once or twice every year, then he became creep's new favorite QB.

So why does he get so many mentions here again?

Is that true? I thought he picked Ohio State in 2017 as a 4*. I don't think he's been anywhere else. He couldn't beat out Barrett or Haskins. Kind of like how skinny couldn't wrestle the job away from Fromm and x-ferred to the Pac 12 Champion Huskies.

I know Heaps went all over the place. Maybe you're confusing two 5'11" white guys who play QB. Happens all the tim.
    No need to take a senseless, cunty shot at UW or Eason. I was exaggerating for the amusement.

My only point, other than what I just mentioned, was to wonder why Martell gets followed so much here. He hasn't had anything to do with UW since he committed to Sark as an 8th grader (iirc). He never even came close to coming to UW and he can't even be viewed as a huge miss.
    senseless and cunty? Fuck off and tuff'n up boy. This is HCH. If you get your feelings hurt easily, LEAVE!
    You know what happens next quook. Aurora in the U District. Squishies go on special at 5, so let's meet around 4:55.
    I'm here. Look for the 6'5" 225 lb Marine!
  • Options
    TommySQC said:

He has no arm, hth @creepycoug

He’s a tiny Browning with better wheels lol.

I've never seen him play.

Everyone has better wheels than Browning.
    You didn't watch one game of the #4 ? team in the nation this year?
    Yeah, just one. He didn't play.

Honestly never heard of the kid. I mostly pay attention to Miami recruiting. I get my national news from the guru, @StrongArmCobra , who has that shit dialed in like @IrishDawg22 on a message board.

The only time I hear about a Bishop Gorman kid is when Miami is recruiting them. It's fucking Vegas for Peat's sake. So far, they are 2 for 2, with the D line washout a few years ago and Brevin Jordan, who is going to continue the U as undisputed "TE U".
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,154
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Early Life
    Tate Martell grew up in the San Diego area, where he began playing Pop Warner football at the age of 7. He drew attention due to the fact that he was a throwing quarterback, when most kids at that age were running quarterbacks. He even drew attention of the coach of Washington at the time, Steve Sarkisian, who managed to get Martell to commit at the age of 14 (he later de-committed and decided to explore further options).[1]

High school career
    Martell attended Poway High School, the local high school where he grew up, but was only able to lead them to a 4-7 season. He then transferred to Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, Nevada.[2] He attended Bishop Gorman for his sophomore, junior and senior seasons, but graduated from Desert Pines High School in Las Vegas because Bishop Gorman would not allow Martell to graduate early in order to start the Spring semester at Ohio State University. As a senior, he was the Gatorade Football Player of the Year after leading the team to a 15–0 record, while passing for 2,362 yards and 41 touchdowns, and rushing for 1,253 yards and 21 touchdowns.[3][4] For his career, he went 45–0 as a starter and finished second in Nevada history with 7,510 passing yards and 113 touchdowns.[5] Martell and quarterbacks Jake Fromm and Tayvon Bowers were documented in the Netflix series QB1: Beyond the Lights.

Recruiting
    Martell was rated by Scout.com as a five-star recruit and was ranked as the second best dual-threat quarterback, fifth best quarterback of any type, and 56th best player overall in his class.[6] He originally committed to the University of Washington when he was 14.[7][8] In 2015, he changed his commitment to Texas A&M University.[9] In May 2016 he decommitted from A&M and a month later committed to Ohio State University.[10][11] Martell transferred to Desert Pines High School after his senior season, so that he could graduate and enroll at Ohio State early.[12]

College career
    Transfer
    On January 15, 2019, Martell announced on social media that he would be transferring from Ohio State to Miami (FL). He will be eligible to play in 2020 with two years of eligibility remaining.[13
  • Options

Early Life
    Tate Martell grew up in the San Diego area, where he began playing Pop Warner football at the age of 7. He drew attention due to the fact that he was a throwing quarterback, when most kids at that age were running quarterbacks. He even drew attention of the coach of Washington at the time, Steve Sarkisian, who managed to get Martell to commit at the age of 14 (he later de-committed and decided to explore further options).[1]

High school career
    Martell attended Poway High School, the local high school where he grew up, but was only able to lead them to a 4-7 season. He then transferred to Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, Nevada.[2] He attended Bishop Gorman for his sophomore, junior and senior seasons, but graduated from Desert Pines High School in Las Vegas because Bishop Gorman would not allow Martell to graduate early in order to start the Spring semester at Ohio State University. As a senior, he was the Gatorade Football Player of the Year after leading the team to a 15–0 record, while passing for 2,362 yards and 41 touchdowns, and rushing for 1,253 yards and 21 touchdowns.[3][4] For his career, he went 45–0 as a starter and finished second in Nevada history with 7,510 passing yards and 113 touchdowns.[5] Martell and quarterbacks Jake Fromm and Tayvon Bowers were documented in the Netflix series QB1: Beyond the Lights.

Recruiting
    Martell was rated by Scout.com as a five-star recruit and was ranked as the second best dual-threat quarterback, fifth best quarterback of any type, and 56th best player overall in his class.[6] He originally committed to the University of Washington when he was 14.[7][8] In 2015, he changed his commitment to Texas A&M University.[9] In May 2016 he decommitted from A&M and a month later committed to Ohio State University.[10][11] Martell transferred to Desert Pines High School after his senior season, so that he could graduate and enroll at Ohio State early.[12]

College career
    Transfer
    On January 15, 2019, Martell announced on social media that he would be transferring from Ohio State to Miami (FL). He will be eligible to play in 2020 with two years of eligibility remaining.[13

Apparently Ohio State doesn't like his arm. I wonder what they would have said Brownlee. It'll be chintresting either way, especially since they lost out on what's his face.

I hope the Williams kid from Georgia sticks around and pans out. He supposedly has a live arm.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,154
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I did watch quite a bit of tOSU and he was their wildbuck runner at the goal line ala Lindy

He pretty much sucks ala Lindy
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,060
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    His real name is Tathan, learned that recently.
  • Options

I did watch quite a bit of tOSU and he was their wildbuck runner at the goal line ala Lindy

Would Lindy have sucked with a real corch? I think the family & friends explanation on him lays a lot of blame at Sark's feet, and the fact that Nuss left.

I think part of the problem was that he was the Mercer Island Islander's version of Marcus Mariota and his whole game was improvisation. The buzz I got (and during that time at least, I got really good buzz ... not just stuff from a blonde intern) was that the staff wanted him to win the spot, but he had accuracy shortcomings in his intermediate passing game, and Price did not.

Because we can laff all we want, Lindy was a fucking specimen. Big & tuff kid, good speed, and the only NFL arm on the team at that time. You wonder what could have been had he had better coaching. By the time Pete showed up the die was cast.

Or maybe not. Hell, I don't know.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    @$600 pretend dollars an hour you’re paid to know.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    Tate Martell is a fag. He'll fit right in at 12th Street Beach. Or rather, they'll fit right in him.

#catcher.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Would Lindy have sucked with a real corch? I think the family & friends explanation on him lays a lot of blame at Sark's feet, and the fact that Nuss left.

I think part of the problem was that he was the Mercer Island Islander's version of Marcus Mariota and his whole game was improvisation. The buzz I got (and during that time at least, I got really good buzz ... not just stuff from a blonde intern) was that the staff wanted him to win the spot, but he had accuracy shortcomings in his intermediate passing game, and Price did not.

Because we can laff all we want, Lindy was a fucking specimen. Big & tuff kid, good speed, and the only NFL arm on the team at that time. You wonder what could have been had he had better coaching. By the time Pete showed up the die was cast.

• Options

Better than that ... that's not even buzz. That's like, I don't know, shit.
  • Options

Lindquist was bad. The coaching didn’t matter.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Early Life

High school career

Recruiting

College career
    Transfer

Adding onto this, I played against Tate at the Boise State team camp where I was apart of the smallest school there, we won the Oline/Dline competition vs Gorman, mostly because they were soft and their starting DE was on a visit to Michigan. Tathan was an incoming Senior and refused to throw in the 7v7 competition, he spent his time wearing beats and making jokes on the sideline for the entire camp. He cut in line at the dining hall and a freshman at my school called him out, immedately Martian was surrounded by his linemen and told the kid to fuck off, didn't have the balls to say anything to the 140lb kid by himself. My current coach was at Ohio State when they were recruiting him and said that Day called him 'entitled as hell' but they loved his athletic ability and hoped to break him down mentally when he got to Columbus.

Also, super hot sister.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    theLSkid said:

Early Life

High school career

Recruiting

College career
    Transfer

Adding onto this, I played against Tate at the Boise State team camp where I was apart of the smallest school there, we won the Oline/Dline competition vs Gorman, mostly because they were soft and their starting DE was on a visit to Michigan. Tathan was an incoming Senior and refused to throw in the 7v7 competition, he spent his time wearing beats and making jokes on the sideline for the entire camp. He cut in line at the dining hall and a freshman at my school called him out, immedately Martian was surrounded by his linemen and told the kid to fuck off, didn't have the balls to say anything to the 140lb kid by himself. My current coach was at Ohio State when they were recruiting him and said that Day called him 'entitled as hell' but they loved his athletic ability and hoped to break him down mentally when he got to Columbus.

Also, super hot sister.

His sister is a smoke.