Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pat Haden Fucking Stupid?

2»

Comments

• Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,647
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2013
    (erased link)

oops, missed the first ESPN article post. Damn it Joe Schad!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Steve Ogden
    How about Sark @ Washington? He just finished a good season finishing 8-4 plus he's very familiar with USC from his previous years as an assistant coach there. He'd be a perfect fit. Once he's gone, then UW can hire Petersen & he can lead the Huskies back to the top of the Pac-12 & maybe even nationally. One can only hope & dream!
    Reply · 2 · · 16 minutes ago
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Steve Ogden shouldn't reproduce.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,785
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

I loved this from the article too.

If anyone wondered which Pac-12 program runs Los Angeles right now, they only needed to be standing between the UCLA and USC locker rooms right after the Bruins beat the Trojans 35-14. There was UCLA coach Jim Mora standing in front of his fired up team, yelling for anyone (especially recruits) to hear "WE OWN THIS TOWN!"

Sure sounds like he is imploding to me.

Fuck you Kim!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

topdawgnc said:

If anyone wondered which Pac-12 program runs Los Angeles right now, they only needed to be standing between the UCLA and USC locker rooms right after the Bruins beat the Trojans 35-14. There was UCLA coach Jim Mora standing in front of his fired up team, yelling for anyone (especially recruits) to hear "WE OWN THIS TOWN!"

Fuck you Kim!
    Kim's head might explode if Sark goes to SC. Either that or he'll join our WDWHA club.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

The Monopoly is Over!!! v2.0
  • Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I wanted Sark to USC, but it probably ends with Wilcox as our new HC.
  • Options
    death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2013

Sark! Sark! Sark! Sark! He can go back to wearing visors, instead of beanies. His ears will not get cold in SoCal.

Sark clearly was looking to get the fuck out of the Northwest the past two weeks.

This is our one chance to get rid of him. His buy out is cheap. He's already approved by the Alums. USC is looking to hire a "type" as much as anything. They want a guy who fits into LALA Land. Sark already does.

Sark knows that he's just a few bad losses away from being fired. If he goes to USC, he'll have a guaranteed 5 years, more money, the built-in schollie excuse... He would be smart to go. When things turn sour here, after next year when 20+ 5th year seniors leave, he'll still be safe there. Sark could easily have a losing season in 2015. If he gets fired at USC, he'll still be HC material at a non-BCS school. If he gets fired here, he's fucked.

Just hope that Woodward waits to negotiate with him. Give USC time to come shopping. Don't increase his buy-out unless they offer to somebody else!

WOODWARD, THERE'S NO RUSH TO EXTEND SARK!
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Pat Haden is subscribing to the hire-the-alum fallacy. He's trying to bring back Pete Carroll by proxy if this goes down.
  • Options
    death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes
    Haden is a politician. He will give them whoever the Alums want.

Pat Haden is subscribing to the hire-the-alum fallacy. He's trying to bring back Pete Carroll by proxy if this goes down.

Yep. Haden is a politician. He'll give the Alums whomever they want. The Harbaughs are not gettable. Either is Petey Boy. Sark and Del Rio have the blessing of the Alums.
  • Options

I know you're being Sarkastic but Sark went to BYU.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I know you're being Sarkastic but Sark went to BYU.
    alumni can include employee --> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alumnus
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

Fuck you Kim!
    Kim's head might explode if Sark goes to SC. Either that or he'll join our WDWHA club.
    When Sark LEAVES! You watch how quickly Kim and the Doogs will turn on him.

They'll be in full on WDWHA mode. Plus if Pool Boy hires a dud for a coach and he fails you'll hear "Sark left us in a mess when he left in the middle of the night. It's going to be hard to overcome that. He needs more time."
    BUMP
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

topdawgnc said:

Fuck you Kim!
    When Sark LEAVES! You watch how quickly Kim and the Doogs will turn on him.

They'll be in full on WDWHA mode. Plus if Pool Boy hires a dud for a coach and he fails you'll hear "Sark left us in a mess when he left in the middle of the night. It's going to be hard to overcome that. He needs more time."
    BUMP
    Obvious poast was obvious

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I guess Pat Haden doesn't read this board after all
  • Options
    Bumping this thread from the bottom of page (last post was less than 3 hours ago).

Pat Haden says he interviewed 5 candidates, said only offer was to Sarkisian. #USC

— Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS) December 2, 2013

Pat Haden Fucking Stupid confirmed.