Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Happy to Vote for A Woman President

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
IWOODPIIHB.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/11/tulsi-gabbard-2020-president-run-1098629

I could strongly consider casting a vote. She seems more pragmatic then Left.

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    She supports medicare for all, free college and the green new deal. Still strongly considering it?
  • Options
    Founders Club

She supports medicare for all, free college and the green new deal. Still strongly considering it?

The first two are all about restructuring the system to control cost. If it's the same 'blank-check' approach as Bernie, than No. If green new deal is drawn up like AOC's plan to tax people through their eye-balls, then No.

https://youtu.be/oIb2lmHgd5s

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    So, I’m not going to watch the interview right now but I will try and get to it. I’m happy to have another progressive voice in the process. I’m guessing though that one of two things happened. She’s either a slimy politician that just tells different groups what they want to hear or she understood her audience and sold you on Bernie’s and AOC’s policies. One of those would doom her in this political climate and the other would make her a real contender.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,730
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    progressive=communist. Stop sugar coating this shit and come out and say what you mean!
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I support unfucking up our health care insurance and delivery system. The last attempt did not make it better. The entrenched in DC don't really want to make it better. They do have the best healthcare in the world and we pay for it. A little class warfare there.

Obamacare did have some good things. For one, it did cut costs on Medicare and such and overall, the growth in medical and insurance costs slowed. Two, setting up exchanges on the internet to shop is something that needed to happen and wouldn't have otherwise.

You can argue other things such as the individual mandate and additional taxes and some of the regulations which added costs to Businesses, such as the annual ACA reporting requirement.

That being said, and you will disagree with this. But as long as there is a profit motive in people's health Care decisions, the system will be fucked up. The government is awful and inefficient. But everyone on this board would save money, and have the same care, if we went to a single payer system. (Assuming it was done right which is a whole other argument)
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I support unfucking up our health care insurance and delivery system. The last attempt did not make it better. The entrenched in DC don't really want to make it better. They do have the best healthcare in the world and we pay for it. A little class warfare there.

Actual lucidity from the addled brain of Grandpa Race. Kudos.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    pawz said:

The first two are all about restructuring the system to control cost. If it's the same 'blank-check' approach as Bernie, than No. If green new deal is drawn up like AOC's plan to tax people through their eye-balls, then No.

https://youtu.be/oIb2lmHgd5s

*then
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Since over 50% of healthcare spending is paid by Medicare / Medicaid already, market forces are pretty much impossible going forward in health care.

By law, Emergency Departments must treat every person who walks through their doors and it is the most expensive point of care / service. That doesn't make any financial sense, neither does Congress prohibiting Medicare / Medicaid; that defies economies of scale and purchasing power. What sense does that make?

Medicare and Medicaid block grants to the states could be a solution.

To get Republicans on board, there might need to be some changes to HUD for a compromise. The Federal Government is too big, has had significant mission creep since the 60's, and since it can run annual deficits (unlike the States), more waste (than usual government spending) happens at the Federal level.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821
    The Throbber envisions just a ridiculous S&M, foursome hate fuck session with Tulsi Gabbard, OAC and Kyrsten Sinema. Then light them all on fire.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2019
    She has no chance...unfortunately

She’s much more moderate than most on the left, and that’s the very thing that will kill her chances.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Obamacare did have some good things. For one, it did cut costs on Medicare and such and overall, the growth in medical and insurance costs slowed. Two, setting up exchanges on the internet to shop is something that needed to happen and wouldn't have otherwise.

You can argue other things such as the individual mandate and additional taxes and some of the regulations which added costs to Businesses, such as the annual ACA reporting requirement.

That being said, and you will disagree with this. But as long as there is a profit motive in people's health Care decisions, the system will be fucked up. The government is awful and inefficient. But everyone on this board would save money, and have the same care, if we went to a single payer system. (Assuming it was done right which is a whole other argument)

You're such a fucking piece of shit of a human being. Go fuck yourself.

#aclockworkshill #rightontim

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821
    Just watched a bit.

Yeah, for sure I'd fuck her. It might even not be hateful. Seems like a decent person. Probably would be up for so hot lesbo/threesome action too.

I'm not gonna vote for her shit but for a politician, she's a sold 7 or 8.

Palin's tits are still better. And she's fucked an NBA player so Tulsi's got some catchup to do. A boob job and a visit to the Lakers preseason camp.

• Options
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Triggered.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Triggered.

Telling the truth, does not a triggered person make. Faggot.

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @2001400ex "But as long as there is a profit motive in people's health Care decisions, the system will be fucked up.

That statement is so fucking stoopid - if the government takes it will be more fucked - everyone associated with the system become stinking rich along with any of the lobbyists and politicians who would push something like that on us. THE GOVERNMENT IS ABSOLUTELY ROTTEN AT RUNNING ANYTHING

Name something they run that is efficient? Elections? our highway system? Hey maybe airtraffic control - but I am sure even that made people millions
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    LebamDawg said:

@2001400ex "But as long as there is a profit motive in people's health Care decisions, the system will be fucked up.

That statement is so fucking stoopid - if the government takes it will be more fucked - everyone associated with the system become stinking rich along with any of the lobbyists and politicians who would push something like that on us. THE GOVERNMENT IS ABSOLUTELY ROTTEN AT RUNNING ANYTHING

Name something they run that is efficient? Elections? our highway system? Hey maybe airtraffic control - but I am sure even that made people millions

You can’t. One-third of the federal government is shut down. Who even notices? Shut the whole sit show down!
  • Options
    LebamDawg said:

You deleted the words right after that quote where I said that the government was awful and inefficient. I'm glad that you agree, Otherwise nice rant.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

LebamDawg said:

You deleted the words right after that quote where I said that the government was awful and inefficient. I'm glad that you agree, Otherwise nice rant.
    Fuck off.