Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump lying about wall funding again

insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
How will Gay Bob respond to this? I heard he hates lying Kunts.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/politics/trump-mexico-pay-wall/index.html

President Donald Trump claimed Thursday that his oft-made 2016 campaign promise that he would build a wall and Mexico would pay for it didn't mean it would be a direct payment, despite outlining just that scenario during his campaign.

"When during the campaign, I would say 'Mexico is going to pay for it,' obviously, I never said this, and I never meant they're gonna write out a check, I said they're going to pay for it. They are," he said as he prepared to depart the White House for the southern border.

But in April 2016, Trump's campaign outlined the steps he would take to compel Mexico to pay the US "$5-10 billion" to fund a border wall -- a plan that relies largely on threatening to bar undocumented Mexican immigrants in the United States from wiring money to relatives in Mexico.

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year," the memo said.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,493 Founders Club
    But in April 2016, Trump's campaign outlined the steps he would take to compel Mexico to pay the US "$5-10 billion" to fund a border wall -- a plan that relies largely on threatening to bar undocumented Mexican immigrants in the United States from wiring money to relatives in Mexico.

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year," the memo said.

Let's build it

Win either way
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Guess who is getting worried about missing a paycheck?
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Guess who is getting worried about missing a paycheck?

Doing just fine. Are you still getting your food stamps during the shutdown?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Food stamp program is a 100% total failure, ripe with Fraud and should be eliminated completely. Immediately.

Also,

We are a rich Country and none of our citizens should ever go hungry. Although I do acknowledge some still choose to.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited January 2019
    We should be taxing the heck out of the money that leaves the country. Put in a 50% tax for money sent outside the US, unless its for purchasing actual goods in return.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

We should be taxing the heck out of the money that leaves the country. Put in a 50% tax for money sent outside the US, unless its for purchasing actual goods in return.

There's my free market conservative.
    SFGbob said:

President Donald Trump claimed Thursday that his oft-made 2016 campaign promise that he would build a wall and Mexico would pay for it didn't mean it would be a direct payment, despite outlining just that scenario during his campaign.

"When during the campaign, I would say 'Mexico is going to pay for it,' obviously, I never said this, and I never meant they're gonna write out a check, I said they're going to pay for it. They are," he said as he prepared to depart the White House for the southern border.

I'm just curious how someone who complains about Trump lying is such a liar themselves.
    I'm just curious how someone who complains about liars every day never makes a peep about his president lying to him on a daily basis.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    I'm just curious how someone who complains about Trump lying is such a liar themselves.

If there's such a crisis at the border like [Trump] claims (with no facts or data to back it up)
    So trump said Mexico would either pay up front or lose 24 billion to pay for the wall

What has changed?

SFGbob said:

I'm just curious how someone who complains about liars every day never makes a peep about his president lying to him on a daily basis.
    But you lie all the fucking time Kunt. I can't do anything about Trump lying. But you can stop yourself from lying and yet you still continue to do it.

edited January 2019

2001400ex said:

There's my free market conservative.
    Please explain what this has to do with the free market?
    I guess Hondo believes that there are no taxes in a free market.
    SFGbob said:

If there's such a crisis at the border like [Trump] claims (with no facts or data to back it up)

Deflection as usual. So you admit it, you only care when the other side lies. You're totally fine with Trump and the rest of the GOP lies their asses off to the American people.

And I stand by my statement, Trump doesn't use facts or real data to defend the need for a wall.

So trump said Mexico would either pay up front or lose 24 billion to pay for the wall

What has changed?

Trump said Mexico would make a $5-10B one time payment to fund the wall. That was a lie. Reading is hard.
    It was never a question that we need a wall before Trump. We have a working wall in San Diego

The only lies come from the TDS crowd
    Walls don't work

How do you keep a straight face on that one?
    edited January 2019

SFGbob said:

Deflection as usual. So you admit it, you only care when the other side lies. You're totally fine with Trump and the rest of the GOP lies their asses off to the American people.

And I stand by my statement, Trump doesn't use facts or real data to defend the need for a wall.
    I didn't say that at all and you've left out all context of my statement. Using your standard, you're a fucking liar Kunt. And Trump did use some real facts and real data in his speech the other night so you fucking lied again.

Here you are complaining about Trump lying while you continue to lie your ass off.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I didn't say that at all and you've left out all context of my statement. Using your standard, you're a fucking liar Kunt. And Trump did use some real facts and real data in his speech the other night so you fucking lied again.

Here you are complaining about Trump lying while you continue to lie your ass off.
    I'm sure you corrected Trump here too.

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

His "facts" were misconstrued, out of context, or straight up lies. A bookie actually lost a ton of money by offering bets for how many lies Trump would tell during his speech.
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/president-trumps-truthiness-makes-history-as-betting-site-pays-out-bigly-2019-01-09

Anyways, even if I did lie, why do you hold random internet posters to a higher standard than your president? You throw a bitch fit on here every single day about people lying but you eat up all the bullshit that Trump dishes out with a smile on your face. Fuck off Gay Bob, you're nothing but a lying, lightweight, strawman ass fucking Kunt.