Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Told you...

2»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Swaye said:

Domicillo said:

Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

2-2 the last 4 years. Two titles each. 55 wins each

Everyone is playing for third place

I hate being a defeatist loser but I am watching that game and thinking there is no realistic way to consistently beat teams like that. Not a knock on Washington there either. It's everyone. Ohio State would have been blown off the field by 40 at half, against either of them. I mean someone will come along and crack the code on them, but they are on a whole different level right now. FML
    We don’t need to beat them next year nor should we expect to be close. But we should expect to keep leveling up the program in all aspects and maintaining the trajectory so that in 2-3 years we’re right about where Clemson was at 4 years ago when they made their first CFP.
    For perspective:
    Agreed. But, it's a few years away if we make all the right moves. I'm fine with that. We just need to keep making the right moves. No more huge position group recruiting misses, shitcan a couple of the dead wood coaches, etc. Level up, as they say.
    You? need more than the occasional Vita Vea to level up. You need to be in stock of several of them all the time to play with the best of the best now.
    UW has brought in at least 3 first round DL in the last two classes. This year's class is right there with a Clemson DL class.

Now we just have to start stacking them, while also getting Clemson caliber talent at other places, most notably WR and QB. QB futures look good. WR has a long long way to go.
    Not to be a contrarian, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I have not seen a Washington defensive lineman go to the NFL and blow up in a very, very, very long time. Danny Shelton has been a big disappointment. Vea is starting to show something, so the jury is out on him thus far. But he's playing. There's not a lot of there there yet to be confident in this. It's not like it is with the DBs.
  • Options

Clemson pressure broke Tua

Often with just 4

UW can do that in the pac against bad teams so there's that

That's such a huge factor in any game.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Swaye said:

Domicillo said:

Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

I hate being a defeatist loser but I am watching that game and thinking there is no realistic way to consistently beat teams like that. Not a knock on Washington there either. It's everyone. Ohio State would have been blown off the field by 40 at half, against either of them. I mean someone will come along and crack the code on them, but they are on a whole different level right now. FML
    We don’t need to beat them next year nor should we expect to be close. But we should expect to keep leveling up the program in all aspects and maintaining the trajectory so that in 2-3 years we’re right about where Clemson was at 4 years ago when they made their first CFP.
    For perspective:
    Agreed. But, it's a few years away if we make all the right moves. I'm fine with that. We just need to keep making the right moves. No more huge position group recruiting misses, shitcan a couple of the dead wood coaches, etc. Level up, as they say.
    You? need more than the occasional Vita Vea to level up. You need to be in stock of several of them all the time to play with the best of the best now.
    UW has brought in at least 3 first round DL in the last two classes. This year's class is right there with a Clemson DL class.

Now we just have to start stacking them, while also getting Clemson caliber talent at other places, most notably WR and QB. QB futures look good. WR has a long long way to go.
    Not to be a contrarian, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I have not seen a Washington defensive lineman go to the NFL and blow up in a very, very, very long time. Danny Shelton has been a big disappointment. Vea is starting to show something, so the jury is out on him thus far. But he's playing. There's not a lot of there there yet to be confident in this. It's not like it is with the DBs.
    Clemson has one DT of note in the NFL (Grady Jarrett) and one edge rusher of seminote (Shaq Lawson who has 10 sacks in three years).

You're moving the goal posts to make this about success in the NFL.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Domicillo said:

Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

For perspective:

"1. In 2008, Clemson finished the season tied for last in the ACC Atlantic Division. They hired their WR coach as their new head coach. He prioritized building his program around high character guys who he wanted to be prepared for success both in football and in life."

Swinney is recruiting at a much higher level than Petersen, or anyone else in the PAC for that matter. If the Huskies are to compete with programs like Clemson, they're going to have to take it up a notch and ditch some of the built for life BS.
    You’re correct in the fact that Clemson is recruiting at a higher level than UW right now, but Clemson is also further along in the process so that’s an unfair statement at the moment. In regards to trajectory, UW is actually recruiting at the same pace as Clemson in regards to Pete through 5 years and Dabo through 5 years.

So Dom is correct in regards to his timeframe for UW to be where Clemson was when they started their run.

I covered it all here:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/980182#Comment_980182

But I’m sure like Jake Browning, you don’t reall read my stuff.

Washington is not getting the D line recruits that Clemson has been pulling in for years now. Don't kid yourself. That's a big, big, big piece of the puzzle. Clemson is getting first round D linemen in quantities now. You can be DBU of the west if you want, but that won't get it done against Bama or Clemson. To play with those guys, you need to be arguing about who the real D line U is, and not "of the west", which is stupid. And they are producing elite players at other positions, too, namely QB and WR.
    Have you actually looked at our past two DL classes? Do you realize Clemson wanted both Tuitele and Bandes this year? Have you compared Dabo’s year 5 recruiting class with Pete’s?

Stupid would be saying bullshit without looking at any of the facts, doing any research or listening to people who’ve laid this out multiple times now.

P.S. our DL matched up perfectly well with Bama’s in 2016. We’re getting better guys than that in the pipeline now.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Domicillo said:

Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

For perspective:

"1. In 2008, Clemson finished the season tied for last in the ACC Atlantic Division. They hired their WR coach as their new head coach. He prioritized building his program around high character guys who he wanted to be prepared for success both in football and in life."

Swinney is recruiting at a much higher level than Petersen, or anyone else in the PAC for that matter. If the Huskies are to compete with programs like Clemson, they're going to have to take it up a notch and ditch some of the built for life BS.
    You’re correct in the fact that Clemson is recruiting at a higher level than UW right now, but Clemson is also further along in the process so that’s an unfair statement at the moment. In regards to trajectory, UW is actually recruiting at the same pace as Clemson in regards to Pete through 5 years and Dabo through 5 years.

So Dom is correct in regards to his timeframe for UW to be where Clemson was when they started their run.

I covered it all here:

Washington is not getting the D line recruits that Clemson has been pulling in for years now. Don't kid yourself. That's a big, big, big piece of the puzzle. Clemson is getting first round D linemen in quantities now. You can be DBU of the west if you want, but that won't get it done against Bama or Clemson. To play with those guys, you need to be arguing about who the real D line U is, and not "of the west", which is stupid. And they are producing elite players at other positions, too, namely QB and WR.
    UW’s DL class this year is ridiculous lol
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Baseman said:

Pumpeii will tell us how overrated the SEC is...

Uhhh... it is.
  • Options
    Their 'best' team got shredded by a great ACC team. Haskins would have annihilated bambi's d-2 db's too. Texas would have beat Alabama by 13 As I said all year, how do we know how good bammer is when they played 1 good , I ok team all year? Horrible corners and safeties.

SEC has it figured out. 8 conference games in shit mid-bottom conference, no home-home games like Clemson does, and ESPN as your mouthpiece..
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,497
    Swaye's Wigwam

Their 'best' team got shredded by a great ACC team. Haskins would have annihilated bambi's d-2 db's too. Texas would have beat Alabama by 13 As I said all year, how do we know how good bammer is when they played 1 good , I ok team all year? Horrible corners and safeties.

SEC has it figured out. 8 conference games in shit mid-bottom conference, no home-home games like Clemson does, and ESPN as your mouthpiece..

Clemson is in the SEC dumbass.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    PurpleJ said:

Ok J. I always knew u were a bright one...but of course that was a woosh dumbass right? Putz.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,497
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Ok J. I always knew u were a bright one...but of course that was a woosh dumbass right? Putz.
    Hurts me when my best friend says mean things to me! Cherish u pup! :frowning::disappointed::heartbreak:
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2019
    I actually agree with Puppy on some of the SEC stuff. No home and home series OOC, 8 game conference schedule, bye-week patsy the week prior to rivalry games at the end of the year. And yes, ESPN does fellate the conference non-stop (although not always without reason). That said, those facts are a bit obfuscated by the delusional shit about Texas beating Bama, etc.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LSU and Auburn have played home and homes with pac12 teams
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

For perspective:

I covered it all here:

Have you actually looked at our past two DL classes? Do you realize Clemson wanted both Tuitele and Bandes this year? Have you compared Dabo’s year 5 recruiting class with Pete’s?

Stupid would be saying bullshit without looking at any of the facts, doing any research or listening to people who’ve laid this out multiple times now.

P.S. our DL matched up perfectly well with Bama’s in 2016. We’re getting better guys than that in the pipeline now.
    Obvious answer is not no, but "HELL NO". Someone is speaking directly out of her ass, again. The more things change, the more they stay the same. You fuckers are just REAL SLOW to catch on.

HTH
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

LSU and Auburn have played home and homes with pac12 teams

2 out of 14 aint bad

(Georgia has too, but still)
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

For perspective:

I covered it all here:

Obvious answer is not no, but "HELL NO". Someone is speaking directly out of her ass, again. The more things change, the more they stay the same. You fuckers are just REAL SLOW to catch on.

HTH
    Shut up.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795

EwaDawg said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

For perspective:

I covered it all here:

HTH
    Shut up.
    Old people suck
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Clemson is leveled up

Clemson more than leveled up tonight.

The Revolution was televised.
    What about when they lost 24-6 last year?

These teams are dead even in every number

Overall Bama still has 5 of 10 titles

Recency bias is as stupid as celebrating a tenth place finish

Wait
    Race.cortex.cougs.reside.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Clemson is leveled up

Clemson more than leveled up tonight.

The Revolution was televised.
    What about when they lost 24-6 last year?

These teams are dead even in every number

Overall Bama still has 5 of 10 titles

Recency bias is as stupid as celebrating a tenth place finish

Wait
    Race.cortex.cougs.reside.
    Sounds like I hit a nerve