Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Told you...

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Pumpeii will tell us how overrated the SEC is...

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Baseman said:

Bill will tell us how overrated the SEC is...

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Clemson is leveled up

2-2 the last 4 years. Two titles each. 55 wins each

Everyone is playing for third place

Clemson more than leveled up tonight.

The Revolution was televised.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,825
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Baseman said:

Bill will tell us how overrated the SEC is...

why not both gif
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,964
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

I hate being a defeatist loser but I am watching that game and thinking there is no realistic way to consistently beat teams like that. Not a knock on Washington there either. It's everyone. Ohio State would have been blown off the field by 40 at half, against either of them. I mean someone will come along and crack the code on them, but they are on a whole different level right now. FML
    It's hard
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

I hate being a defeatist loser but I am watching that game and thinking there is no realistic way to consistently beat teams like that. Not a knock on Washington there either. It's everyone. Ohio State would have been blown off the field by 40 at half, against either of them. I mean someone will come along and crack the code on them, but they are on a whole different level right now. FML
    We don’t need to beat them next year nor should we expect to be close. But we should expect to keep leveling up the program in all aspects and maintaining the trajectory so that in 2-3 years we’re right about where Clemson was at 4 years ago when they made their first CFP.
    For perspective:
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Domicillo said:

Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

We don’t need to beat them next year nor should we expect to be close. But we should expect to keep leveling up the program in all aspects and maintaining the trajectory so that in 2-3 years we’re right about where Clemson was at 4 years ago when they made their first CFP.
    For perspective:

"1. In 2008, Clemson finished the season tied for last in the ACC Atlantic Division. They hired their WR coach as their new head coach. He prioritized building his program around high character guys who he wanted to be prepared for success both in football and in life."

Swinney is recruiting at a much higher level than Petersen, or anyone else in the PAC for that matter. If the Huskies are to compete with programs like Clemson, they're going to have to take it up a notch and ditch some of the built for life BS.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Domicillo said:

Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

For perspective:
    Agreed. But, it's a few years away if we make all the right moves. I'm fine with that. We just need to keep making the right moves. No more huge position group recruiting misses, shitcan a couple of the dead wood coaches, etc. Level up, as they say.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    In 2008 we were last. Are we next?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Clemson is leveled up

What about when they lost 24-6 last year?

These teams are dead even in every number

Overall Bama still has 5 of 10 titles

Recency bias is as stupid as celebrating a tenth place finish

Wait
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Domicillo said:

Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

For perspective:

"1. In 2008, Clemson finished the season tied for last in the ACC Atlantic Division. They hired their WR coach as their new head coach. He prioritized building his program around high character guys who he wanted to be prepared for success both in football and in life."

Swinney is recruiting at a much higher level than Petersen, or anyone else in the PAC for that matter. If the Huskies are to compete with programs like Clemson, they're going to have to take it up a notch and ditch some of the built for life BS.
    You’re correct in the fact that Clemson is recruiting at a higher level than UW right now, but Clemson is also further along in the process so that’s an unfair statement at the moment. In regards to trajectory, UW is actually recruiting at the same pace as Clemson in regards to Pete through 5 years and Dabo through 5 years.

So Dom is correct in regards to his timeframe for UW to be where Clemson was when they started their run.

I covered it all here:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/980182#Comment_980182

But I’m sure like Jake Browning, you don’t reall read my stuff.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

2014 Ohio State, with their D line and running game, could have played with either team last night. This year's gets eaten alive.
  • Options

Domicillo said:

Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

For perspective:

You’re correct in the fact that Clemson is recruiting at a higher level than UW right now, but Clemson is also further along in the process so that’s an unfair statement at the moment. In regards to trajectory, UW is actually recruiting at the same pace as Clemson in regards to Pete through 5 years and Dabo through 5 years.

So Dom is correct in regards to his timeframe for UW to be where Clemson was when they started their run.

I covered it all here:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/980182#Comment_980182

But I’m sure like Jake Browning, you don’t reall read my stuff.

Washington is not getting the D line recruits that Clemson has been pulling in for years now. Don't kid yourself. That's a big, big, big piece of the puzzle. Clemson is getting first round D linemen in quantities now. You can be DBU of the west if you want, but that won't get it done against Bama or Clemson. To play with those guys, you need to be arguing about who the real D line U is, and not "of the west", which is stupid. And they are producing elite players at other positions, too, namely QB and WR.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

Clemson is leveled up

What about when they lost 24-6 last year?

These teams are dead even in every number

Overall Bama still has 5 of 10 titles

Recency bias is as stupid as celebrating a tenth place finish

Wait
    Yeah, I'm not quite ready to write off Saban.

I think they come roaring back next year with a vengeance. Come to think of that, maybe 2019 would be another good year to skip the CFP and just go to another Rose Bowl and get a win. It will feel better than being the raw meat for Bama in the first round of the CFP.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Domicillo said:

Swaye said:

Clemson is leveled up

For perspective:
    Agreed. But, it's a few years away if we make all the right moves. I'm fine with that. We just need to keep making the right moves. No more huge position group recruiting misses, shitcan a couple of the dead wood coaches, etc. Level up, as they say.
    You? need more than the occasional Vita Vea to level up. You need to be in stock of several of them all the time to play with the best of the best now.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Clemson pressure broke Tua

Often with just 4

UW can do that in the pac against bad teams so there's that