Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Find a legit OC.....

13»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

A lotta downvotes from the Hamdan slobbers but no rebuttals.

Please someone explain to me why Hamdan gets a pass:

His great recruits who haven't done shit?
    His moonwalking redzone attack?
    His playing to his players weaknesses?
    His castration of Matt Ryan?

I thought there were standards here. And Race is right, it's Pete's offense. He over promoted Hamdan, less ready than Babushka by a mile.

Babushka was a QB coach at Boise State and was actually promoted to OC at UW. That made me furious when our offense sucked in the early Pete years.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

I thought there were standards here. And Race is right, it's Pete's offense. He over promoted Hamdan, less ready than Babushka by a mile.

Babushka was a QB coach at Boise State and was actually promoted to OC at UW. That made me furious when our offense sucked in the early Pete years.
    He at least had a mediocre stint (by their standards) calling plays as OC at Montana before he was given the gig.

Babushka was 10x more qualified than Hamdan and he wasn't qualified. That says something.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Doogles said:

All of you idiots wanted him and were excited about him getting the job. Now you don't want him and are criticizing Petersen for hiring him in the first place. First year offensive coordinator with noodle arm, pants shitting, mistake waiting to happen Jake Browning as his starting QB. That's why he gets a pass. That's not a fair opportunity for a first year OC. His seat is warm but he deserves a fair shot with real talent to work with at QB.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Ballz said:

Doogles said:

All of you idiots wanted him and were excited about him getting the job. Now you don't want him and are criticizing Petersen for hiring him in the first place. First year offensive coordinator with noodle arm, pants shitting, mistake waiting to happen Jake Browning as his starting QB. That's why he gets a pass. That's not a fair opportunity for a first year OC. His seat is warm but he deserves a fair shot with real talent to work with at QB.
    Clearly he not getting it done with a QB that has a big dick
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

He at least had a mediocre stint (by their standards) calling plays as OC at Montana before he was given the gig.

Babushka was 10x more qualified than Hamdan and he wasn't qualified. That says something.
    Haha, was typing out a post before realizing that I’m responding to a point made last January. I’ll do it anyways.

Not saying experience doesn’t matter but LSU’s real OC and the reason for a lot of their success this year is Joe Brady. He had no experience even as a position coach and was an offensive assistant for the Saints. His job title was actually offensive assistant.

An experienced OC would probably be a good thing. The best indicator of future success is past success, but we see that is not always the case.

The big problem is that this is Pete’s offense and that Bush and Babushka are/were yes men. That’s the reason why Bush needs to go.

Pete is hanging onto his scheme and ideas for the offense when they aren’t working and haven’t in awhile. He ran the wildcat against Oregon because he said the percentages show that it has worked over the years. You gotta take into account that things should adjust when you’re using your 4th strong RB to run those plays.

The stubbornness of Pete has hurt the program. It’s time to step aside and be a true CEO of the program. He lets Lake and Kwat have full control of the defense. He should bring in a new OC and do the same on offense. One good offense (that was bad in our biggest games) in 6 years is unacceptable. Pete has had plenty of time to make tweaks, get his own guys in there, get a QB other than Browning, etc. He’s had to fire coaches and push others out the door because of the failures.

None of it worked and now it’s time to hire the best OC that he can and let him do his thing. There is a guy who can help Eason more than Pete. Eason unleashed and playing relaxed could be amazing. I think our talent level is pretty high on offense and we all know recruiting has improved. The players are bogged down,lack confidence, and don’t play fast or to their potential because of the analytic nature of Pete’s offenses. Nothing seems easy for them like it does when you watch a good offense. It’s time for a change.