Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Find a legit OC.....

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Doogles said:

Teen boy stalking love for Hamden has clouded everyone's vision.

His play calling is atrocious. Especially in the red zone when it matters. If Jake was such a liability he was too dumb to see Gaskin right there.

He might improve, but Hamdan FUCKING SUCKED at OC this year, complete failure. We talk shit about Ford and Bru wasting their talent at SC, Hamdan just wasted Gaskin.

Being optimistic about him at OC is straight doogery.

Better talent on the field makes coaches look a whole lot better. That's why people can reasonably be optimistic.
    Optimism is a thing for sure. Member when you used the handle "StrongArmCobra"

I member.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

LawDawg1 said:

And fire Hamden. Pretty simple really.

Where is everyone getting this idea that Hamden's going to willingly take a demotion?
    Who said anything about “willingly?” Fuck him if he doesn’t like the position he barely qualifies for. He’s no OC.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    His pitch option at the auburn game was enough for me to make my judgement
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The root of the problem is Pete's offensive philosophy (that sentence is true for both football teams in Seattle) which Bush was hired to run, just like Smith. The offense will likely be a bit better next year with a quarterback that can stretch the field, but as a certain podcast intro points out...we still run Chris Petersen's offense. That won't change unless we bring in an offensive mind from outside CP's tree (we won't).

It's no coincidence both OC hires are first time D1 coordinators that had experience in his system. They're puppets.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    MisterEm said:

Doogles said:

Teen boy stalking love for Hamden has clouded everyone's vision.

His play calling is atrocious. Especially in the red zone when it matters. If Jake was such a liability he was too dumb to see Gaskin right there.

He might improve, but Hamdan FUCKING SUCKED at OC this year, complete failure. We talk shit about Ford and Bru wasting their talent at SC, Hamdan just wasted Gaskin.

Being optimistic about him at OC is straight doogery.

He tries too hard to be cute and double-whoosh the other DC.

You don't need a decade of playcalling to know that a goalline speed option against an SEC defense is a failure before the snap, with Jake at QB.... it's a 99% failure before the snap with anyone outside of Deshaun and Kyler.

It didn't get better from there.
    What you're forgetting is that with Jake at QB it's a 90% failure regardless of what play you call. That's why recruiting and coaching are equally important.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2019

If you keep blaming the coordinator the head coach is the problem

Looks like @iDawg and I have more work to do here

So are these Pete’s defenses or Kwats / Lakes? I want to be sure I’m being consistent on the rules.

Edit; I blame Petersen for his system AND for hiring crappy OCs. I’m hoping he finally figures it out. Nothing Smith or Hamden have done - including some stupid decisions at playcalling - show they were any good at OC despite the system. Both are the problem.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

So are these Pete’s defenses or Kwats / Lakes? I want to be sure I’m being consistent on the rules.

Edit; I blame Petersen for his system AND for hiring crappy OCs. I’m hoping he finally figures it out. Nothing Smith or Hamden have done - including some stupid decisions at playcalling - show they were any good at OC despite the system. Both are the problem.
    Its Pete's defense
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

This. This is what I learned at Miamuh this year. Only there, it was easier, because the OC and the HC were the same person. But still, the principle holds. The only thing that worked on that team was the defense. Offense and special teams were a special disaster. That's on him.