Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Where Exactly Are We Headed: A Response

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

PurpleJ said:

Recruiting won't change the fact that Pete is too retarded to run the fucking ball.

Pete system does not allow for him to beat an elite talent team with good/decent coaching.

UW/Pete has to be able to beat teams that have better “talent” or this is the cap... UW is never going to have more 4 and 5 stars than Clemson, Alabama, Ohio state, UT, Georgia, USC, tamu, Michigan, Norte dame, penn state, or 5-10 other schools with any sort of regularity.

The system is decent at winning games he is supposed to and good at not getting blown out in a loss to teams he is supposed to lose too.

Big games, important games, are won by players transcending the scheme and coaching and putting everyone on their back and dragging the team to victory...

Pete’s culture and scheme is so strict and ridged there is an upward cap that prevents players transcending the game, he can’t win the games he isn’t supposed to win like he could at Boise.

Yah yah, recruiting is important, just wait till 2021! Then the offense will work!
    dont go fucking full retard now buddy, pete will win just not this year.
    He has yet to beat a team that he wasnt supposed to yet... It should be concerning to people

Does he have a single win against a team that had more talent and was decently coached? a ranked Stanford team is like his best win in 5 years?
    dude, pete is making adjustments just slowly. I would judge him over the next 2 years. If things dont go well, we are fucked.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

PurpleJ said:

Recruiting won't change the fact that Pete is too retarded to run the fucking ball.

Pete system does not allow for him to beat an elite talent team with good/decent coaching.

UW/Pete has to be able to beat teams that have better “talent” or this is the cap... UW is never going to have more 4 and 5 stars than Clemson, Alabama, Ohio state, UT, Georgia, USC, tamu, Michigan, Norte dame, penn state, or 5-10 other schools with any sort of regularity.

The system is decent at winning games he is supposed to and good at not getting blown out in a loss to teams he is supposed to lose too.

Big games, important games, are won by players transcending the scheme and coaching and putting everyone on their back and dragging the team to victory...

Pete’s culture and scheme is so strict and ridged there is an upward cap that prevents players transcending the game, he can’t win the games he isn’t supposed to win like he could at Boise.

Yah yah, recruiting is important, just wait till 2021! Then the offense will work!
    He has yet to beat a team that he wasnt supposed to yet... It should be concerning to people

Does he have a single win against a team that had more talent and was decently coached? a ranked Stanford team is like his best win in 5 years?
    dude, pete is making adjustments just slowly. I would judge him over the next 2 years. If things dont go well, we are fucked.
    Not fucked but he should retire. Let Jimmy take over and hire a real OC.

Lake>Nussmeier>Gilby
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    Founders Club

Two things keeping us from even looking elite.

1. Defense that punishes people, we need LBs and edge rush that are killers
    2. A QB who can scare the opposition, not a QB who looks like he’d need help loading groceries in his car.

We’re a better team than we look, but we’ve exhausted our potential at this “level” I think our skill position deficit is going to start really hurting next year unless we fix it with fast.

Tryon flashed. Felt good about that.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2019
    Good analysis @DoogCourics

I'd say just based on my limited knowledge that at the least, the 16 needs to turn into a 7 or 8 to really get to the playoff contender/legititmate top 5 elite status. Maybe 10 but no lower. Oregon under Kelly was around 10-12 in that metric IIRC. I'm way too lazy to research it.

So can that be done with the recruiting church boy strategy? You almost need some assholes who steal cars or prima donnas
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    edited January 2019

Good analysis @DoogCourics

I'd say just based on my limited knowledge that at the least, the 16 needs to turn into a 7 or 8 to really get to the playoff contender/legititmate top 5 elite status. Maybe 10 but no lower. Oregon under Kelly was around 10-12 in that metric IIRC. I'm way too lazy to research it.

So can that be done with the recruiting church boy strategy? You almost need some assholes who steal cars or prima donnas

You asked a question so I gave an answer.

I’m going to bed, but I’ll run the numbers for Dabo tomorrow.

He broke through and got to the championship in his 7th year, 8th for the actual win.

So I’ll do the increase in blue chips for them over those 8 years to get a trajectory as a comparison.

Edit: preliminary glance shows Clemson was in the 20’s and 30’s first few years, then hovered around 15/16 for a bit.

Wasn’t until 2015, the end of his 6th year for those who bitch about Pete being in his 5th, that he actually broke through with a top 10 class and started getting consistent high end classes.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    GOAT said:

Demote Hamdan back to WR’s, fire Lubick, and get a proven OC

Guys, I've been telling ya'll... Sark is available...
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    LOTS of dooging going on.

As of now, we have no evidence to suggest our new recruits are going to turn out any better than the players we have now. No evidence to suggest Buelow is anything more than Devin Burleson 2.0. Nothing to suggest that fautano and luciano aren't anything other than bigger versions of Nick Harris. Nothing to suggest Bandes is any better than gaines or paama will ever be anything close to vea. We have no evidence Taj Davis is going to be better than jordan chin, or that Tuitele will be any better than Onwuzurike. Right now we have no evidence to suggest Laiatu Latu is gonna be anything more than benning 2.0 or wooching 2.0.

We aren't recruiting like we need to be to close that talent gap, at least we have no proof we are right now until we see the players get developed and play. Fuck the offseason natty. Reserve that for oregon. When the coach starts winning, THAT is when I will buy into the hype. Fuck the teen boy rosterbation about players who haven't even played a single snap in the fucking SPRING GAME.

I care about winning NOW with what we have, fuck the stars, myles gaskin was rated below SEAN FUCKING MCGREW.

As from what I can tell now, Petersen is a fucking LOSER, doesn't win the big games, and I shouldn't expect anything different until proven otherwise. If you disagree you are a DOOG.
  • Options

If Gaskin carried the ball 20 times in the first half instead of 7, and if Bryant had been targeted 5 times in the first half instead of zero, we might have won yesterday. Pure and fucking simple.

and yet we didnt.

which is why the loss should be on petersen and not the "talent gap"
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

PurpleJ said:

His slow adjustments in the Rose Bowl cost us a win
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    How many times did Kirk or Reece describe a UW player as "undersized."

I like BBK, I like Myles Bryant, sometimes I even like Baccellia.

But when we face off against a team of elite and large athletes like OSU the difference is stark. That #2 DE was ridiculous how fast he could move at 6'5" and 265 lb.

Sure, maybe CP could have schemed better and eked out a win if everything went our way.

But we were outmatched physically and athletically at almost every position on the field.

That is changing with the last two classes.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

But when we face off against a team of elite and large athletes like OSU the difference is stark. That #2 DE was ridiculous how fast he could move at 6'5" and 265 lb.

Sure, maybe CP could have schemed better and eked out a win if everything went our way.

But we were outmatched physically and athletically at almost every position on the field.

Really? We had huge 6'8 bookend offensive tackles today. I wouldn't describe our D-Line as small, maybe thin in depth but not small, Gaines Johnson Bowman Onwuzurike Tryon are all very large men. Sample, Jones Bryant and Otton all played a lot and none of them are small, and despite this Bacellia was more effective throughout the game, besides the very end. Athletically I agree, but across the board size wasn't a huge factor, besides maybe at linebacker.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

ZoneUW said:

LOTS of dooging going on.

As of now, we have no evidence to suggest our new recruits are going to turn out any better than the players we have now. No evidence to suggest Buelow is anything more than Devin Burleson 2.0. Nothing to suggest that fautano and luciano aren't anything other than bigger versions of Nick Harris. Nothing to suggest Bandes is any better than gaines or paama will ever be anything close to vea. We have no evidence Taj Davis is going to be better than jordan chin, or that Tuitele will be any better than Onwuzurike. Right now we have no evidence to suggest Laiatu Latu is gonna be anything more than benning 2.0 or wooching 2.0.

We aren't recruiting like we need to be to close that talent gap, at least we have no proof we are right now until we see the players get developed and play. Fuck the offseason natty. Reserve that for oregon. When the coach starts winning, THAT is when I will buy into the hype. Fuck the teen boy rosterbation about players who haven't even played a single snap in the fucking SPRING GAME.

I care about winning NOW with what we have, fuck the stars, myles gaskin was rated below SEAN FUCKING MCGREW.

As from what I can tell now, Petersen is a fucking LOSER, doesn't win the big games, and I shouldn't expect anything different until proven otherwise. If you disagree you are a DOOG.

No evidence to suggest those players will be better?

How about the fact that laiatu latu fautanu buelow etc were all being recruited by national programs and Burleson Harris and wooching weren't.

Your posts suck.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Meanwhile I hope you enjoy your off season natty and rose bowl runner up t-shirt.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ZoneUW said:

Really? We had huge 6'8 bookend offensive tackles today. I wouldn't describe our D-Line as small, maybe thin in depth but not small, Gaines Johnson Bowman Onwuzurike Tryon are all very large men. Sample, Jones Bryant and Otton all played a lot and none of them are small, and despite this Bacellia was more effective throughout the game, besides the very end. Athletically I agree, but across the board size wasn't a huge factor, besides maybe at linebacker.
    Its about elite athleticism combined with elite size you stupid fuck. Yeah we have two big tackles but top to bottom across the roster we were outmanned. The difference was most notable at LB, DE, QB and WR. And RB too Mykes is an all time great Husky but fuck Weber is a BIG BACK and a load to take down.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

If you watched that game and think UW would have won if only the coaches had schemed better than you're the doog.

Some of you are really simplistic fucks. If a bunch of sweatpants warriors in their dads' basements are aware that Gaskin and Bryant are UW's best players do ya think Urban Meyer might have been able to figure that out too in his month to prepare?

Again. No one is suggesting this. Of course we need more talent. Look at all the mediocre teams that played Ohio State tough this year. Did they have more talent than us? Fuck no. Ohio State has a god awful defense and we put up 3 points in 3 quarters.

It's a combination of inept offensive coaching that has been a problem since Petersen arrives as well as talent deficiences.